Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was alluding to the recent Tarkin/Vader pack.

Do you mean in the sense that the Anakin in the dual pack you speak of will be slightly different (similar to how the ANH Vader in the Tarkin-Vader pack is slightly different than the current MMS 279 ANH Vader) than this Anakin figure?

I can see them doing a single offering of a regular Obi-Wan, a single offering of a regular Anakin (this figure), then a Mustafar duel dual pack with a BD Obi-Wan and a BD Anakin.

I could not resist paying for it. My wallet is empty and there are so many pre-orders ahead. Now I need Padme in one of her luxurious outfits.

If they ever did a Mustafar 2 pack they should make it the walkway they clash together on:

mustafar-fight.jpg

And have the lava eruption as a cardboard background piece:

anakin-vs-obi-wan.jpg

Do you mean in the sense that the Anakin in the dual pack you speak of will be slightly different (similar to how the ANH Vader in the Tarkin-Vader pack is slightly different than the current MMS 279 ANH Vader) than this Anakin figure?

I can see them doing a single offering of a regular Obi-Wan, a single offering of a regular Anakin (this figure), then a Mustafar duel dual pack with a BD Obi-Wan and a BD Anakin.

You jest, but those would probably be the bases for each figure in a Mustafar duel dual pack. :lol

Damn I might buy that as well. Anakin and Obi-Wan separately from the beginning Duel with Dooku; then the Mustafar two-pack with lava burns on their suits, sweat beading down their faces with disheveled hair styles, and maybe Sith Eyes on Anakin from the cliff scene. It would show where they started and where they ended. Damn I'm getting myself hype. An accurate diorama piece of them on the bridge would be the grail of my collection. Come on Hot Toys!

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

While I think it looks great....no site eyes was a deal breaker for me....

Also without Obi it's just not worth it yet. I may be one of those crying after the show Obi, but again if they screw up Obi (and with there SW track record who know) I wouldn't want Anakin all by himself.

I still may get him after some pics show up, but I doubt it will be a sell out. HT makes more when there is enough demand...plus there is always evilbay....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, I don't think Hot Toys could do the subtle burn effects on Anakin and Obi-Wan's clothes or sweat any justice. Do people think that trooper disguise Luke and Finn look good with that gloss finish texture on their faces? It looks like paint applications gone wrong.

Why does there even need to be a "Mustafar" or sith eyes version of Anakin? This one looks pretty definitive, he's just missing an Obi-Wan and maybe some 501st Troopers. From the beginning of the movie to the end, Obi-Wan and Anakin don't even undergoe significant costume changes (if we disregard Anakin getting his limbs lobbed off and the burns as well as the Vader suit).

This whole thing where they leave out one minor accessory or look is kind of lame. Jedi Luke could have easily come with the poncho and helmet. Armored Batman could have come with damaged parts and the spear. Making a whole other Anakin just to paint his eyes yellow red and to give him a lava themed base would be obnoxious, especially at $200+

Normally I would agree, but after I saw HT simply put a subtle amount of weathering on the suit and add some scratches to the shield for CW Captain America and call it an "EX Battling Version", adding some burn effects and a Sith eyes sculpt for Anakin, and also making it an EX version, doesn't seem all that far fetched.

I know what I'm in for asking this question here but I've got $235 in Rewards. Do you I spend it on Anakin or save it for something else?

I'm not sure what the obsession is with the sith eyes? It's in what, two shots in the entire film? One when he turns to the camera and one when he's chopped in half?

The rest of his turn as Vader he has his normal eyes. I'd rather an alternate headsculpt with a different expression.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with the sith eyes? It's in what, two shots in the entire film? One when he turns to the camera and one when he's chopped in half?

The rest of his turn as Vader he has his normal eyes. I'd rather an alternate headsculpt with a different expression.

I'd agree. The whole "Sith eyes" thing is a bit overhyped and embellished in my opinion.

Which ones weren't, in your opinion?

Well, when it comes to prequels they were all sort of over staged. The Phantom Menace duel seemed amazing at the time, but watching it now it feels more like a choreographed dance rather than a sword fight to the death. Both final duels in ESB and TFA are what I hold as high standard. They both feel "real" to me in that it feels like two people trying to actually hurt one another rather than having an elaborate dance plus in both of these it's about the psychology between the characters. RotS should have that as well, but there is just too much crap happening to notice any emotions in the characters (i.e. Lava exploding behind them, then them swinging on cables trying to hit each other with the sabers as they hang on that big metal thing that's floating in an enormous river of lava and all that set to the extremely loud overbearing music - it's just too much imo)

The rope swinging, antenna and going down the lava river was way too much.

Could have contained it in the facility and then take the duel out side on one of the mountain slopes or something.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

They lost me when they started riding the lava robots....

It got very silly after that..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, when it comes to prequels they were all sort of over staged. The Phantom Menace duel seemed amazing at the time, but watching it now it feels more like a choreographed dance rather than a sword fight to the death. Both final duels in ESB and TFA are what I hold as high standard. They both feel "real" to me in that it feels like two people trying to actually hurt one another rather than having an elaborate dance plus in both of these it's about the psychology between the characters. RotS should have that as well, but there is just too much crap happening to notice any emotions in the characters (i.e. Lava exploding behind them, then them swinging on cables trying to hit each other with the sabers as they hang on that big metal thing that's floating in an enormous river of lava and all that set to the extremely loud overbearing music - it's just too much imo)

Agreed on all counts, including the TFA saber duel being second only to ESB in the entire saga. The second time I saw TPM in theaters I went with a couple buddies who were really into martial arts thinking that they'd absolutely love the final Maul duel. As we left they both kind of shrugged and one said that it just looked like a big martial arts kata, not an actual fight. I was shocked because like many at the time I thought the duel was awesome. But after a few more viewings it became all too apparent that the combatants were going out of their way to *not* hit each other and that duel lost its luster as well. It still has some nostalgic fun because of some of the imagery and music but there isn't anything more than that for me.

I remember when it was leaked that the upcoming ROTS would feature Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling while flying around on little platforms instead of on the edge of a volcano like we'd heard since the very beginning. I was reminded of Dolph Lundgren flying around the city as He-Man on that flying disc and thought it had to be a joke.

Back