Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's with the black turtleneck?

Here..but its not turtle neck
51ed61582f576218b346de53c93bb3c4--star-wars-anakin-skywalker-hayden-christensen-star-wars.jpg

Oh man, the lips. I 'memba the outrage. "$50 for this figure with perpal lips?????" Then people paying customers $50 to slap on some lip paint they could have done themselves in a couple minutes.

Still more than 1 year for this guy :gah: cannot wait.
View attachment 368011

It's extremely unlikely that I will get this figure. When it comes to collecting 1/6 Star Wars I am largely sticking with the original trilogy. But, this does look like a really great figure; a definitive Anakin figure for sure. The only way I'll be tempted though is if they announce an EpIII Kenobi soon and it looks amazing, then I could find myself wanting this figure as a companion piece. But see, that's how you get sucked in collecting a new line. With my classic Star Wars collecting, my MCU figures, and with my plan to get a Wonder Woman figure making me curious about the upcoming justice League figures I have to draw a line someplace. So, some figures are destined to be admired from a far; Anakin might be one of those figures for me.

People will skip this Anakin figure. Then it will sell out. Then Obi-Wan Kenobi will be released. Then people will be crying that they missed out on Anakin because they don't feel like paying secondary market prices for him.

Rinse and repeat.

It was unrivaled in the history of cinematic experiences.

Indeed....waiting 20 hours to get first showing tickets....met people from around the world....drank heavily...

Got the 2nd set of tickets sold in Ft Lauderdale.

Still have the stubbs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People will skip this Anakin figure. Then it will sell out. Then Obi-Wan Kenobi will be released. Then people will be crying that they missed out on Anakin because they don't feel like paying secondary market prices for him.

Rinse and repeat.

I can see this happening. It's a vicious cycle, but people are more hesitant (myself included) to put orders in because of the curse of NRD. I give it 6 months until we have the Obi-Wan announcement. Then we will see the panic set in.

What's with the NRD ? I have no problem with it, it just like advance deposit and be responsible with your purchase to the seller (risk of cancelation will lead to many stocks, which eventually lead to further increase of firgures pricing in the future).

People, including myself, like to put an order in sometimes about something you like but aren't completely sure about. Kind of like holding a spot in line. Time goes by, you either realize you like it enough to purchase, or you come to your senses and cancel. If there's a mandatory NRD, you lose money if you're not absolutely sure you want to buy it. It's fine for pieces you want as soon as it's announced, but it sucks if change your mind. That's why BBTS was so popular, but now they have NRD for some things too.

Yea mostly I think NRD sucks due to long delivery time..jezz more than 1 year for a toy firgure ? (if no delay lol). During that whole year lots of things might change buying decision as you said. I understand as the manufactuer side they have tons of works to do, production distribution, quality control and stuffs, variant of products/desgins from diffrent lines.. but wish they could somehow manage to shorten delivery time though :(

The only reason I might pick this up is because one day the Hot Toys Gods might bless me with an Ashoka.

But honestly I see sideshow tackling her before Hot Toys even sniffs at anything from the Clone Wars or Rebels series.

Last edited:
I can see this happening. It's a vicious cycle, but people are more hesitant (myself included) to put orders in because of the curse of NRD. I give it 6 months until we have the Obi-Wan announcement. Then we will see the panic set in.

I say less than 6 mos ;)

Rinse and repeat.

Except in this case, HT will release an Anakin/Obi-Wan two-pack.

Rinse and repeat.

I could see this scenario happening as well.

Except in this case, HT will release an Anakin/Obi-Wan two-pack.

If they were going to do that, wouldn't they most likely have put both figures up at the same time for PO, similar to BvS Batman and Superman? Each one up for PO individually, then the dual pack includes some sort of exclusive item.

if they go with that route..will be Anakin with Sith eyes version/Mustafar duel theme with Obi wan.

Good point. Perhaps a single regular Anakin figure offering (this one), a single regular Obi-Wan offering, and then the dual (or duel) pack is a BD Obi-Wan and a BD Anakin with Sith eyes.

If they were going to do that, wouldn't they most likely have put both figures up at the same time for PO, similar to BvS Batman and Superman? Each one up for PO individually, then the dual pack includes some sort of exclusive item.

I was alluding to the recent Tarkin/Vader pack.

Back