Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Awesome Figure. Actually a Star Wars grail for me. I know people hate on Prequels but I really liked ROTS and I got to watch ROTJ as a kid in theater so it's not like I grew up with prequels. Jedi Luke and Anakin will be front in center in my collection.

ROTJ was the only one I saw in the cinema.

Those were exciting times!

ROTS is the best of the PT, but there's something good in each of them if you give them a chance, and can overlook the bad.

TPM has the pod race and some nice visuals. I'm sure there are fan edits out there that condense the trilogy down to the good bits.

Although... I'm unclear as to why calling you out on your misguided "PT is just not ready yet" snub makes me no longer a nice guy. Especially in the light of a single day's sales of Anakin.

You gotta admit. The tone in your post was pretty condescending... and an insult to those who enjoy the prequels.

Your armchair analysis of the situation was clouded by your feelings toward the prequels.

You're getting defensive in your old age. My post was no more condescending than yours -- in fact, since your post was retaliatory, I'd say yours was more condescending as it had direction.

I also quickly admitted to being wrong in my assumption, even though my original post was simply questioning the possibility.

No offense, I did like your earlier post before you got all prickly again, and agree the board of yore was a lot more fun. :duff

Question, do they still do double box shipping with the $4 flat rate option?

As far as this figure goes: awesome piece. Ordered via BBTS. $4 shipping is a killer deal

I've never had anything double boxed by BBTS, but I also haven't gotten any HT or Sideshow figures from them in years.

As for the flat rate shipping, someone said this was always an option, if it was it wasn't obvious, all my orders default with it now and before I'd pay $10 in shipping on average. The couple things I've gotten since the change have come a few days later than usual but nothing ridiculous and definitely worth the savings.

What did you think of The Force Awakens and Rogue One?

My feelings for them are... complicated and hard to articulate without writing an indulgent, pontificating essay on the matter. I will spare you all this.

But on some level I've enjoyed them both. I even have purchased a few figures from their Hot Toys lines.

And I'm curious to see how the Kennedy Administration at Lucasfilm moves forward.

My feelings for them are... complicated and hard to articulate without writing an indulgent, pontificating essay on the matter. I will spare you all this.

Don't let my avatar fool you, I'm fine with people criticizing TFA and yes even RO. I like hearing thoughts on the new films from fans who were there at the beginning.

Did you consider TFA/RO to be "PT" type mixed bags or a "ROTJ" level mixed bag? Or does neither comparison apply?

To me RO was pretty much perfection (though obviously still ranked slightly below SW and ESB) and while TFA was one of the best cinematic experiences of my adult life (on account of being able to watch new SW unfold with my kids) I presently tend to lean toward keeping it separate from my own personal canon of RO/OT.

Plus if you write an indulgent essay it might spare me some heat for all of my own pontificating, lol.

To me RO was pretty much perfection (though obviously still ranked slightly below SW and ESB) and while TFA was one of the best cinematic experiences of my adult life (on account of being able to watch new SW unfold with my kids) I presently tend to lean toward keeping it separate from my own personal canon of RO/OT.

Exactly that for me.

Really enjoyable film for the most part.

But I don't see it as how the story really continued. It's a '"What if...?" episode. Which means that the next two are going to be the same.

And for that reason I don't feel compelled to buy high end figures from the Sequel Trilogy.

For me, for better or worse, the PT films filled a desire to know how things got to be where they are at in the OT and I was glad for them. I never felt a curiousity about what takes place after Jedi. If Star Wars were a novel, the OT is the second half, you felt like there were things that came before that you wanted to know. Jedi wraps things up satisfactorily, it feels like the overall story is closed, so the new trilogy feels a little forced to me. I had no anticipation for Force Awakens, I was curious to see the old cast back and that was about all, and even now, I'm mainly curious to explore more of Luke with Last Jedi and figure out what Rey's story is, but I have no curious around Ren or Poe or Finn, I'm actually more interested to learn about Snoke than any of them.

My post was no more condescending than yours -- in fact, since your post was retaliatory, I'd say yours was more condescending as it had direction.

Not sure if I follow your logic in this. But if it makes sense to YOU then that's what is important. Your snub wasn't directed at me... just the prequel fans in general. My comments to you (the one who cast the first stone) was "directed" AT you and therefore MORE condescending?

Sure... whatever.

No offense, I did like your earlier post before you got all prickly again, and agree the board of yore was a lot more fun. :duff

You questioned the "possibility" of Anakin being a "fail" in less than 24 hours. And with no information to back up your dismissal. We all can try and make this a better board by not indulging in our knee jerk, worst behavior. :duff

Not sure if I follow your logic in this. But if it makes sense to YOU then that's what is important. Your snub wasn't directed at me... just the prequel fans in general. My comments to you (the one who cast the first stone) was "directed" AT you and therefore MORE condescending?

Sure... whatever.

Yes, that's correct -- you got it. My general comment about a possibility is not as 'personal' as your direct attack on me.

You questioned the "possibility" of Anakin being a "fail" in less than 24 hours. And with no information to back up your dismissal. We all can try and make this a better board by not indulging in our knee jerk, worst behavior. :duff

Not true. I was addressing the fact that the Anakin thread before the merge was only on 13 pages, which seemed quite low for such a sought after figure. So I questioned just how many PT fans were really here or if they are just a "vocal but small" group.

I really think you took my original post in the wrong way. I've got no problem bashing the PT if I want. But this instance was not the case.

Exactly that for me.

Really enjoyable film for the most part.

But I don't see it as how the story really continued. It's a '"What if...?" episode. Which means that the next two are going to be the same.

And for that reason I don't feel compelled to buy high end figures from the Sequel Trilogy.

For me, for better or worse, the PT films filled a desire to know how things got to be where they are at in the OT and I was glad for them. I never felt a curiousity about what takes place after Jedi. If Star Wars were a novel, the OT is the second half, you felt like there were things that came before that you wanted to know. Jedi wraps things up satisfactorily, it feels like the overall story is closed, so the new trilogy feels a little forced to me. I had no anticipation for Force Awakens, I was curious to see the old cast back and that was about all, and even now, I'm mainly curious to explore more of Luke with Last Jedi and figure out what Rey's story is, but I have no curious around Ren or Poe or Finn, I'm actually more interested to learn about Snoke than any of them.

Great posts guys. What The Force Awakens primarily did for me was heal wounds that had been inflicted on the saga, some even going all the way back to ROTJ.

I finally got to see that "alternate" version of ROTJ that Ford and Kasdan wanted way back when that was bittersweet and had Han Solo dying. Thanks to TFA I also finally got to see SW become cool and mainstream again instead of being forever tainted by the SE's and PT. I also got watch watch NEW scenes of Han, Luke, and Leia *with my kids.* That was epically surreal.

However now that the Saga *is* healed (in my mind anyway) and now that I have seen what a bittersweet ROTJ might have looked like I'm finding that I don't really need that to be a part of the ongoing saga. TFA did it's job wonderfully but now I can just remain content with the OT and RO and I even can appreciate the silliness of ROTJ more on account of that one lingering itch of "what might have been" finally being scratched.

The Sequel Trilogy is pretty much a "what if" victory lap that doesn't truly connect to the previous trilogy for me. Especially with Carrie's untimely exit that will always have me wondering "what might have been" with the new movies. :( Obviously TLJ and Episode IX can end up being so awesome that I change my tune but we'll just have to see.

It's up at BBTS guys!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/60121

Always my goto because of their insane customer service. I'd rather pay a few bucks more for that. And with all the talk of no coupons etc lately it's a no brainer. They need to start ordering more stock... or hell take all of sideshow's.

Just PO'd on BBTS yesterday! Love this figure!

Palpatine- Order him, order him....now

Collector - I shouldn't

Palpatine - DO IT!

Collector - (pre orders figure)

Palpatine - You did well - he was too coveted to risk selling out.

Collector - yes but I shouldn't have done that, I don't have the money.

Palpatine - remember what you told me about Suicide Squad Batman Rebreather version?
It pre-sold out, you wanted revenge. It's only natural.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I was addressing the fact that the Anakin thread before the merge was only on 13 pages, which seemed quite low for such a sought after figure. So I questioned just how many PT fans were really here or if they are just a "vocal but small" group.

Your pre-occupation with the post count in a Freak thread and it's indication of Hot Toys sales traffic is deeply troubling. I can't imagine how much weight you give in the number of Facebook likes.

lloyd_the_bartender_by_jdelgado-d6kkqfs.jpg

Lloyd the Bartender: "Prequels... You can't live with them. Can't live without them"
Jack Torrence: "Words of wisdom, Lloyd, my man... Words of wisdom."

Great posts guys. What The Force Awakens primarily did for me was heal wounds that had been inflicted on the saga, some even going all the way back to ROTJ.

I finally got to see that "alternate" version of ROTJ that Ford and Kasdan wanted way back when that was bittersweet and had Han Solo dying. Thanks to TFA I also finally got to see SW become cool and mainstream again instead of being forever tainted by the SE's and PT. I also got watch watch NEW scenes of Han, Luke, and Leia *with my kids.* That was epically surreal.

However now that the Saga *is* healed (in my mind anyway) and now that I have seen what a bittersweet ROTJ might have looked like I'm finding that I don't really need that to be a part of the ongoing saga. TFA did it's job wonderfully but now I can just remain content with the OT and RO and I even can appreciate the silliness of ROTJ more on account of that one lingering itch of "what might have been" finally being scratched.

The Sequel Trilogy is pretty much a "what if" victory lap that doesn't truly connect to the previous trilogy for me. Especially with Carrie's untimely exit that will always have me wondering "what might have been" with the new movies. :( Obviously TLJ and Episode IX can end up being so awesome that I change my tune but we'll just have to see.

Good Post Khev. It really is interesting how the Star Wars franchise is panning out. I personally loved Rogue One, which I guess most know. But based on how TFA was (OK but not stellar for me) and if TLJ turns out to be not so good, then the good stuff may just be in the Anthologies. (I still prefer that term to "Star Wars Story")

Time will tell. Sure, there's still a lot riding on the Han Solo movie. But I think the Obi Wan Anthology could be pretty epic though.

Considering the fast sell-out I would imagine they will make more available. HT I mean, not necessarily BBTS. Likely there will be plenty when this ships.

But I've become suspicious of HT's first offerings. It seems likely they will offer another Anakin variant at some point. Perhaps a cloakless fighting Anakin from the Final Duel, with Sith eyes and a more "weathered (damaged)" outfit.

:exactly:

I'll call it right now.

RotS Anakin: Comes with the extra Dooku lightsaber and the cloak (this figure)

RotS Anakin (Battling Version): Comes with a slightly weathered outfit from dueling with Obi-Wan; doesn't include cloak nor Dooku lightsaber, but does include Sith eyes sculpt.

Palpatine- Order him, order him....now

Collector - I shouldn't

Palpatine - DO IT!

Collector - (pre orders figure)

Palpatine - You did well - he was too coveted to risk selling out.

Collector - yes but I shouldn't have done that, I don't have the money.

Palpatine - remember what you told me about Suicide Squad Batman Rebreather version?
It pre-sold out, you wanted revenge. It's only natural.

:lol This post!! :lol :goodpost:

Back