Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, missed that post. But yes, we're both thinking the same naughty thing of HT.

They're so....predictable. :lol

And no worries. The thread is going crazy right now; very easy to miss a single post when a thread is racking up 5+ pages in a day.

I am stunned this figure is already at sold out on BBTS. I figured there'd be no rush to PO Anakin, but that changes things. May need to PO him from SSC against better judgement. Not that I'm some PT crusader or anything, but Anakin is obviously a key figure in the SW universe. Can't miss out on this one.

Looks like Alter Ego Comics still has some left. Might get one there for now. I haven't used them before though so not sure how they are.

I was out of the hot toys game until recently, but was there any figures that sold out so early in the pre order stage?

Regardless of your thoughts on the prequels, you can't deny that this is an awesome looking figure. Hopefully the quick sellout bodes well for more prequel figures to come. Between TLJ, the rest of the OT, and if HT delves into I-III, there's lots of Star Wars figs to come.

Hopefully the quick sellout bodes well for more prequel figures to come.

I can pretty much guarantee Howard is yelling on the phone since the sell out to get more Prequel figures going.

Before sell out: Obi-Wan and Maul

After sell out: Obi-Wan, Maul, Dooku, Padme, Palpatine, Jar Jar, R2, 3PO, Jango, Grievous, Cody, Clone #1-#302

I can pretty much guarantee Howard is yelling on the phone since the sell out to get more Prequel figures going.

Before sell out: Obi-Wan and Maul

After sell out: Obi-Wan, Maul, Dooku, Padme, Palpatine, Jar Jar, R2, 3PO, Jango, Grievous, Cody, Clone #1-#302

I'd be in for all of those. The Sideshow Grievous is fine with me.

I wish they had offered a DX Jedi/Sith package. I'm sure it would have sold well. They could have still offered both versions separately.

Hot Toys will make the SS one look like a Hasbro toy.

I have it too, but Grievous would be my most anticipated PT figure... unless they make Nute Gunray of course.

Don't forget Rune Haako. Should come as a two pack. That was Nute's ride or die *****.

They phantom menaced together, they attacked of the clones together, and they got slice and dice revenged by the Sith together.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

If they do more PT figures they'll surely have ROTS Vader planned. They even did the prototype 1/4 Vader as ROTS. It would make a great pair with this Anakin.

Don't forget Rune Haako. Should come as a two pack. That was Nute's ride or die *****.

They phantom menaced together, they attacked of the clones together, and they got slice and dice revenged by the Sith together.

I'm the only one that would likely buy a Gunray/Haarko 2-pack.

But Gunray's the man. He didn't like Maul, demanded Dooku put the Queen's head on a plate, and challenged Grievous' strategy.

He was also too afraid to go into a room with two Jedi.

those crap CommTech readers that never worked.

:lol

Half the character choices from TPM sucked on that Midnight Madness night when they released them in 1999. I remember that night well. I remember looking at the characters and was like... these aren't cool. Ric Olie... that blue old man who says "Communication disruption can mean only one thing."... a little boy.... a Padme in blue pajamas... Qui-Gon.... Mace... there were so many boring Jedi in robes.

By comparison, alien Jar Jar looked awesome.

"Clone Wars" is the pathway to many figures some consider to be extreme quick sold-out.

Along with PT.. Animated Series Clone Wars would open up many possibilties to many interesting characters in the film.

I would love to see the day when HT release Obiwan Ewan McGregor version, Count Dooku, Padme, Darth Maul and tuberculosis General Grievous :yess:

I missed Grievous of SideShow, and SS Maul just too expensive.

Good Post Khev. It really is interesting how the Star Wars franchise is panning out. I personally loved Rogue One, which I guess most know. But based on how TFA was (OK but not stellar for me) and if TLJ turns out to be not so good, then the good stuff may just be in the Anthologies. (I still prefer that term to "Star Wars Story")

Time will tell. Sure, there's still a lot riding on the Han Solo movie. But I think the Obi Wan Anthology could be pretty epic though.

Thanks Hoody! I actually really enjoy seeing anyone be passionate about Star Wars, even the prequels. As much as I might dislike certain elements I'm actually kind of glad that there are different factions of SW fandom. It could be boring if everyone sang the praises of nothing but SW and ESB for instance. I even like seeing HT tackle PT figures. Am I glad to see Anakin instead of Cassian or Krennic? No but there's no denying that he's a great figure and is making a lot of fans happy. I'm also curious to see if HT can make a PT figure that I feel compelled to buy. I've always had an odd affinity for the absurdity of the characters from TPM, from Nute Gunray to the Pod Racers. Would I ever buy such a character? Probably not but I still can't help but wonder, lol.

Last edited:
Back