Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I'm still holding out hope one day we get a re-release of the unedited OT and the 1997 special edition on Blu-ray. I have to force myself to finish ROTJ after Vader's cremation.

I'm just thankful I still have the director's ( Lucas got the rights from his wife ) cut DVD set of the OT

No Han fired first crap for me :lol

I'm still holding out hope one day we get a re-release of the unedited OT and the 1997 special edition on Blu-ray. I have to force myself to finish ROTJ after Vader's cremation.

The future is now and it's name is HARMY.

Hmm. I guess it makes sense..since Anakin was young when he was still good

Would you guys like Portman to make an appearance in a SW flick again..

987.gif

Yep, if Disney ever did release the unaltered OT I'm sure they'd still screw something up. Harmy FTW.

It would be the original first screened unaltered copy of Star Wars but digitally replace all the white guys with a diverse cast and add strategic product placement.

Like I said Lucas should've left Sebastian Shaw as is in the end of ROTJ

Can't believe Lucas was thinking of this

Wait is this true or a joke? Ive never head anything about force ghost Padme, and this would have been the dumbest edit Lucas could have made.

It's funny because I've only ever met one person my age who:
1. doesn't like the PT
2. liked TFA
... and lets just say he fits most of 'nerd' stereotypes. There has only been one other time IRL I've heard someone talk down the PT. I'd imagine the anti PT thing is 'bigger' in the US than in the UK. The PT was huge here from what I remember from that time of my childhood. The internet feeds social bubbles!

It seems the difference in preferences between the age groups will continue (at least online, anyway). It'll be nice as things start to be more widely accepted... so first its OT only, then OT/PT (where we are moving towards now), and in the future OT/PT/ST and so on. Goes to show how magical Star Wars is depending on your age and what you watch first! I'm just glad I like 7 out of the 8 movies :) Fingers crossed Ep8/9 are better than TFA, but they won't have to try that hard to accomplish that IMO...

If anyone is interested in the awesome world of the PT there is a great thread over on Jedi Council Forums were users share their favourite small/large details from the trilogy. There's also a thread devoted to the masses of practical effects they used as well! Great reads :)

Edit: Never realised Dooku's saber had a big ol' red trigger button on it. Neat!

Apparently Lucas always intended Anakin to de-age himself as a ghost but in 1983 the technology didn't exist to make a 25 year look transparent and blue. It only worked on old guys. 31 years later he finally got to do the scene the way he always wanted.

I might be in the minority, but I actually think that was one of the best decisions. It makes more sense to have Anakin from the prequels than some old man who never even existed. Seriously, he never looked like first version since he was burned alive.

It's funny because I've only ever met one person my age who:
1. doesn't like the PT
2. liked TFA
... and lets just say he fits most of 'nerd' stereotypes. There has only been one other time IRL I've heard someone talk down the PT. I'd imagine the anti PT thing is 'bigger' in the US than in the UK. The PT was huge here from what I remember from that time of my childhood. The internet feeds social bubbles!

It seems the difference in preferences between the age groups will continue (at least online, anyway). It'll be nice as things start to be more widely accepted... so first its OT only, then OT/PT (where we are moving towards now), and in the future OT/PT/ST and so on. Goes to show how magical Star Wars is depending on your age and what you watch first! I'm just glad I like 7 out of the 8 movies :) Fingers crossed Ep8/9 are better than TFA, but they won't have to try that hard to accomplish that IMO...

If anyone is interested in the awesome world of the PT there is a great thread over on Jedi Council Forums were users share their favourite small/large details from the trilogy. There's also a thread devoted to the masses of practical effects they used as well! Great reads :)

Edit: Never realised Dooku's saber had a big ol' red trigger button on it. Neat!

I do see the PT gaining ground in acceptance but almost as a sympathy thing, it's not like they were misunderstood masterpieces, they'll always suffer from their crappy writing.

Wait is this true or a joke? Ive never head anything about force ghost Padme, and this would have been the dumbest edit Lucas could have made.

Not only Padme but originally Lucas wanted to also add Rey Porkins' Force-sensitive father but I believe that is being saved for TLJ or Episode 9.

hqdefault.jpg

Please buy the Harmy Blu Rays, for the love of god you need not suffer anymore.

For most fans, when they refer to PT, OT, etc., they are referring to the core movies, the films with Episode numbers. Most of those fans consider Clone Wars tales as Expanded Universe stories, which they technically are.

The animated series (aside from the old Clone Wars micro-series) are as canon as the films, though it's true many fans choose to ignore them. My preference is major episodes>anthology films>comics>animated series>books.

Interestingly it looks like the new comics will be crossing over with Rebels again (they've already had a Kanan prequel series)...

STWVADER2017006-MAIN.jpg

Anakin looks awesome and I cannot wait to have him, the alternative was an expensive custom. I know a lot of us have been waiting a long time, cheers to those who did make some very artful and amazing customs during that time.

I personally feel like the story of the prequel trilogy was amazing, it was simply the design and execution that failed. Revenge Of The Sith definitely shines as the best of the 3, and I would go so far as to say it was a good Star Wars movie with some bad acting.

Attack Of The Clones is the weakest of all the Star Wars films in my opinion, aside from scenes involving Dooku there was no saving grace. Phantom Menace at least had Maul to add some bad assery and attempt to counter Jar Jar.

Back