Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

As for prequel hate being pervasive, it's mainly among fans of a certain age

Except that my kids (ages 10 and 7) *don't* think the prequels are that cool (on account of good taste being genetic.) :)

So as my generation of PT haters dies off we'll be temporarily replaced by you PT lovers, only to be replaced again by the kids of the OT lovers, and then your kids will come along thinking the PT is great again, and on and on the cycle will go. :D

Except that my kids (ages 10 and 7) *don't* think the prequels are that cool (on account of good taste being genetic.) :)

So as my generation of PT haters dies off we'll be temporarily replaced by you PT lovers, only to be replaced again by the kids of the OT lovers, and then your kids will come along thinking the PT is great again, and on and on the cycle will go. :D

No one loves the new trilogy (NT?) in your cycle lol ;)

My sons have grown up with star wars and while the younger one's interest has waned over the years, my oldest (15 years old) likes Clone Wars and Rebels the best. :lol

My sons have grown up with star wars and while the younger one's interest has waned over the years, my oldest (15 years old) likes Clone Wars and Rebels the best. :lol

Man I wonder if they ever do a live action Rebels show, will it fly with the fans

I'm old enough to have seen Star Wars (before it was called A New Hope or had a number attached to it) in the cinema, and I like the PT.
I profoundly admire what Lucas tried to do, building a truly epic universe, full of intrigue, politics, love, betrayal, friendships and misguided heroes. He could've gone the easy way and simply re-made the OT, but he did what he's always done: he told the story he wanted to tell.
Did he fail in many things? Sure he did, but then again, so did he in the OT. Thanks to the prequels, the SW universe is much richer and grander in scope. A film like Rogue One, with its shady heroes and backstabbing politics wouldn't exist without the terrain covered by the prequels... we'd have more of TFA instead...

But, back to the figure...
I think those who say this figure has been ready for a while are probably right. It must've been sitting in HT's vaults waiting for a lull in the sequels to be revealed.

No one loves the new trilogy (NT?) in your cycle lol ;)

Actually they like TFA most of all, lol. Then OT/RO, then the PT. As kids they don't really care about the stuff in the PT that bugs me the most but whenever watching SW comes up they only ask to watch the OT or RO/TFA. OT is Harmy only with no stupid revisions of course.

They kind of like PT characters mainly because they're so prominent in so many video games. They had a lot of fun running around Disney Infinity kicking ass as Anakin and Ahsoka.

Last edited:

Not surprised at how great this looks, Howard Chan has stated that Anakin and Padme are his favorites, so I'm sure we'll get a great Padme down the line as well.

Also, the base sticker should be a placeholder, if it doesn't light up like it did in the movie, missed opportunity from HT.

I sold all of my PT figures a couple years back... but if there was one I'd be tempted by it's this one. I really don't like the character overall so I still say it will be a pass.

But HT did an incredible job on this one and for fans of the PT I hope they release some more figures. An ROTS Anakin and (just about any) Padme would be great additions.

I'm old enough to have seen Star Wars (before it was called A New Hope or had a number attached to it) in the cinema, and I like the PT.
I profoundly admire what Lucas tried to do, building a truly epic universe, full of intrigue, politics, love, betrayal, friendships and misguided heroes. He could've gone the easy way and simply re-made the OT, but he did what he's always done: he told the story he wanted to tell.
Did he fail in many things? Sure he did, but then again, so did he in the OT. Thanks to the prequels, the SW universe is much richer and grander in scope. A film like Rogue One, with its shady heroes and backstabbing politics wouldn't exist without the terrain covered by the prequels... we'd have more of TFA instead...

But, back to the figure...
I think those who say this figure has been ready for a while are probably right. It must've been sitting in HT's vaults waiting for a lull in the sequels to be revealed.
[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] I concur.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why . He doesn't look like or sound like Anakin anymore..did they not see Celebration Orlando

Why not? For decades Hollywood has had this unique ability to make anyone look and sound different. It's pretty amazing sorcery.

Oh I know, cause lemmings don't like PT or anything that acknowledges them.

I would say prolly this year. From November on through '18 it's gonna be all Last Jedi, yo.

You make no sense to me, you are complaining about the fact that it's not scientifically correct? That's the whole point of sci-fi, are you even a Star wars fan?

Also the fact that you think most people dont care about if the movie is actually well made, is to be honest, stupid. A lot of people enjoy movies that are actually well made for that reason. Your ignorance is incredible. Yes of course there are people who don't care about that but a lot of people do, knowingly or not like movies because they are well made.

Yes, I am.

Which is why I don't still make a huge fuss on a toy forum about the PT 12 years later. :D

It doesn't bother me that people didn't like them. Heck, even I didn't particularly care for TPM and AotC. However, it also doesn't bother me that people do and I don't feel the need to create a user name on a toy forum to troll those who do, breathlessly trying to convince them that they were horrible.

I've watched countless George Lucas interviews about the PT and it all comes down to this: he does not understand what makes Star Wars great.

Even though he's the one that created the universe that you presumably like I'm guessing, otherwise you presumably wouldn't be here?

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm.jpg

Let's not start calling other people's opinions stupid or ignorant. Everything is relative. Even us OT lovers can be ridiculed as people who are stuck on childhood movies by fans of more artsy and cerebral cinema and so on.

I hate the PT but it doesn't bother me that people enjoy it. I'm glad for them, they have twice as much Star Wars in their lives than I have. And I enjoyed the last Indiana Jones film, so I'm hardly in a position to moralise.

Back