Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I've been behind in this thread, but have these been posted yet? From Rebelscum:

c8e1bfda1cb9f1555712607143d6b3b3.jpg

c84055d549da1324f40007784e11b5f2.jpg

b09ca3290ccc7e683c746138fa7888c7.jpg

07a4e44a947fc829def518794b262f23.jpg

Great look at the headsculpt and Dooku's lightsaber. I'm very impressed by that likeness. Spot on.

Will any of the sabers be ignited..hmmm

Last edited:

......I remember I took a film appreciation/history class my senior year in high school. My film instructor only talked briefly about Star Wars. She complained that the acting was wooden, the writing was cliché and the special effects were over-done. The year was 1994 and she was of course speaking about the classic trilogy. Perspective is everything.

I remember I took a film appreciation/history class my senior year in high school. My film instructor only talked briefly about Star Wars. She complained that the acting was wooden, the writing was cliché and the special effects were over-done. The year was 1994 and she was of course speaking about the classic trilogy. Perspective is everything.

You know what they say....those who can't do..teach :lecture

Anakin looks amazing, don't get me wrong! But is it just me or does there appear to be a serious lack of skin texturing for a Hot Toys Sculpt?
It looks way too smooth and plastic like. Unless that's just because it's behind glass perhaps.

Kinda got me wondering if they produced this sculpt all them years ago when they announced that Anakin would be one of the next figures after Bespin Luke.

The photos above are really washed out and don't show it off.

dEImxdg.jpg

K9zFnZu.jpg

Those are sorta better.

ZmWQK7I.jpg

rrKLwWI.jpg

Also the mods of this forum should move people away from Photobucket trash and get people using imgur.

Great looking figure and will be buying it and hope to get Kenobi and Padme soon from HT.

Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Would have been interesting had he asked Spielberg to direct one of the prequels.

He did. He asked Ron Howard too. No one wanted the gig cos they knew they'd have George breathing down their neck.

To his credit he knew he wasn't much of a director, but he got stuck with the gig.

As for prequel hate being pervasive, it's mainly among fans of a certain age - and on these forums. Haters make the most noise.

I just think myself lucky I liked them.

Oh, and this figure is awesome.

Though a HT Episode III Kenobi has long been my most desired PT figure, this one wasn't very far behind. That fantastic head sculpt just seals the deal.

As for prequel hate being pervasive, it's mainly among fans of a certain age - and on these forums. Haters make the most noise.

I just think myself lucky I liked them.

I love the prequel era, my favorite part of Star Wars in fact.

Most people associate the whole era to the movies, but forget the five (6) wonderful seasons of The Clone Wars. It's weird, but for me, EP1-2-3 complement the animated series (when it should be the other way around).

And yeah, nice figure, but i'm more in "Team Kenobi" lol.

Most people associate the whole era to the movies, but forget the five (6) wonderful seasons of The Clone Wars. It's weird, but for me, EP1-2-3 complement the animated series (when it should be the other way around).

One of the many complaints about the PT was the lack of Clone Wars action. I guess the animated series remedies that.

Most people associate the whole era to the movies, but forget the five (6) wonderful seasons of The Clone Wars.

For most fans, when they refer to PT, OT, etc., they are referring to the core movies, the films with Episode numbers. Most of those fans consider Clone Wars tales as Expanded Universe stories, which they technically are.

If you're going to lump in Clone Wars are part of PT, then books like Shadows of the Empire and even Rogue One would be considered OT based on where they fall in the timeline, not even sure what you'd call rebels since it bridges PT and OT.

No offense to the customs I've seen and as a fellow Customizer myself

I think HT wins the prize on this one

Back