Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

This and Maul- the only PT figures i will own.

I doubt I could pass up an accurate representation of Christopher Lee as Count Dooku or Natalie Portman as Padme in that Arena costume.

Those 2 I would buy for certain.

I wouldn't be too tempted by Dooku, but the Padme yes!

Wondering how far into the PT waters Hot Toys will dip? I already have the recent Sideshow Jango and Darth Maul, but Qui-Gon is rather old and the PT Yoda could be good enough I'd possibly upgrade.

Personally, I couldn't really care if the movie was well written, well directed, well this, well that from a film making perspective. Heck, probably all of the OT would be the same. SW is probably the best universe for spoofing and making satires of. There's probably a reason for that. :lol

All that matters to me, and likely anyone else, is if I liked it or not. Personally, you could probably pick apart much of the music of today's generation and expound on how it's actually poorly crafted from a "music composing" standpoint. Bottom line, it sells because there are people who like it; they don't care if the chorus if the song is correctly structured, if there's the correct amount of verses in the song, etc.

You misunderstood me. The concept of a sword that is just a laser; a weightless beam of light that has solid properties, also makes no sense.

You make no sense to me, you are complaining about the fact that it's not scientifically correct? That's the whole point of sci-fi, are you even a Star wars fan?

Also the fact that you think most people dont care about if the movie is actually well made, is to be honest, stupid. A lot of people enjoy movies that are actually well made for that reason. Your ignorance is incredible. Yes of course there are people who don't care about that but a lot of people do, knowingly or not like movies because they are well made.

Personally I hope they just do this one and continue with the new trilogy, OT, Clone Wars etc.

Is it too late to say that I like Burgers? Something from the specials at Byron Burger would do nicely.

I don't like poorly made burgers though, those ones that look good from the teaser but are all bun and salad with the thinnest burger that doesn't look like it contains actual meat and has been badly cooked. Hate those.

There are tons of well made films that I don't particularly care for. It's a thing called taste. Everyone has it. Some more than others.

As for the science behind lightsabers... yeah, you can't really explain it. I like to imagine that the kyber crystals warp a high intensity light into some kind of permeable thermonuclear fission. All the Jedi walk around with nuclear warheads strapped to their hips. :lol

There are tons of well made films that I don't particularly care for. It's a thing called taste. Everyone has it. Some more than others.

As for the science behind lightsabers... yeah, you can't really explain it. I like to imagine that the kyber crystals warp a high intensity light into some kind of permeable thermonuclear fission. All the Jedi walk around with nuclear warheads strapped to their hips. :lol

You might not care for the quality but a lot of people do, and if you cant acknowledge that, I feel bad for you.

The lightsabers have been explained, just check the wiki.

I think you missed the point. A well made film doesn't really make it a good film in the eyes of everyone.

Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

There's movies that are considered "bad" by most because well, sometimes they are bad. Yet I still enjoy them. Indiana Jones 4 is one that I really enjoyed that many others don't. The point SilverStar17 and DarthBakura are making is that all that really matters is how you feel about a movie. I do enjoy aspects of the prequels, but I can definitely see many flaws in them as well.

I've been behind in this thread, but have these been posted yet? From Rebelscum:

c8e1bfda1cb9f1555712607143d6b3b3.jpg

c84055d549da1324f40007784e11b5f2.jpg

b09ca3290ccc7e683c746138fa7888c7.jpg

07a4e44a947fc829def518794b262f23.jpg

Great look at the headsculpt and Dooku's lightsaber. I'm very impressed by that likeness. Spot on.

Out of all the new releases, this one by far is my most anticipated!! Those pics from Rebelscum look amazing!

I envision a time where our children can go to a forum thread about a prequel based action figure without someone turning it to **** hahahah.

I've watched countless George Lucas interviews about the PT and it all comes down to this: he does not understand what makes Star Wars great.

Anakin looks amazing, don't get me wrong! But is it just me or does there appear to be a serious lack of skin texturing for a Hot Toys Sculpt?
It looks way too smooth and plastic like. Unless that's just because it's behind glass perhaps.

Kinda got me wondering if they produced this sculpt all them years ago when they announced that Anakin would be one of the next figures after Bespin Luke.

He should come with a youngling, that would be a great display diorama.

Here is my Anakin about to kill children isn't that awesome.

I've watched countless George Lucas interviews about the PT and it all comes down to this: he does not understand what makes Star Wars great.

It's true. Pretty sure I read something that said George thought it was about the spectacle but Spielberg was telling him otherwise.

It's true. Pretty sure I read something that said George thought it was about the spectacle but Spielberg was telling him otherwise.

Would have been interesting had he asked Spielberg to direct one of the prequels. I wonder if he always intended to direct all three or if he was maybe considering doing the first one and going from there like he did with the originals.

I've been behind in this thread, but have these been posted yet? From Rebelscum:

c8e1bfda1cb9f1555712607143d6b3b3.jpg

Great look at the headsculpt and Dooku's lightsaber. I'm very impressed by that likeness. Spot on.

Yep, great sculpt. And I love the expression they chose.

Back