Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

The more I think about, it seems quite likely that we're gonna get a Dooku soon. What would the point be to include his saber since it was only used by Anakin in that one scene. But then again, HT makes questionable and random decisions all the time...

We might be getting a Vulture helmet with Spider-Man but no Vulture, so anything is possible.

Not much of a prequel fan personally, but Hot Toys looks to have done some stunning work on this one, so they might have me on the hook here anyway. This is one of a very small handful of prequel characters I'd be tempted at biting on, so while Anakin may not be at the top of my list, he is still on it. Not a priority purchase perhaps, but they've done more than enough to grab my interest.

Now, if we're going to play prequels, where's Obi-Wan and Dooku? :)

There's going to be an epic battle between the completionist in me and the critic in me who views Anakin as the worst written and most poorly cast character in star wars.

There's going to be an epic battle between the completionist in me and the critic in me who views Anakin as the worst written and most poorly cast character in star wars.

"Don't make me kill you"

I couldn't agree more. I find it difficult to connect the miserable a***wipe that was Hayden Christensen's Anakin to the beast that is RO Vader and beyond. I'm glad people are excited about this and it certainly looks like a very well done figure but the character just didn't work for me in the same way that 95% of the Jedi in the prequels just seemed a bit rubbish. (Fitting that this is my 66th post)

FB_IMG_1500541985191.jpg
FB_IMG_1500541980642.jpg
FB_IMG_1500541988608.jpg
FB_IMG_1500541990911.jpg
FB_IMG_1500541993741.jpg

Sculpted by Kojun.

Watch HT nail Ewan Obi-Wan while Guinness Obi-Wan looks like some random dude with a beard.

Yes yes yes yes yes. Been waiting so long for this. ROTS is my favourite.

Looks amazing. Sold off my Medicom version a while ago. Not sure I have anymore room for prequel figures but I might have to make some space.

Hell yeah. Awesome expression too. Will have to pass on Jedi Luke with his mouth breather expression and get this instead.

This reminds me of the Hasbro ROTS Anakin figure that came with the Dooku saber. I have it somewhere at home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. I find it difficult to connect the miserable a***wipe that was Hayden Christensen's Anakin to the beast that is RO Vader and beyond. I'm glad people are excited about this and it certainly looks like a very well done figure but the character just didn't work for me in the same way that 95% of the Jedi in the prequels just seemed a bit rubbish. (Fitting that this is my 66th post)
The prequel Jedi weren't that bad. They were complacent. Save for a few. Mace was pretty cool and even channeled the dark side in his saber skills.

There were so many Jedi, many who had not even laid eyes upon a Sith, that I could see the majority of them being naturally weak. They had bolstered their numbers sure, but a lot of them lacked focus and training on a personal level. The Sith had been patiently waiting, planning for their inevitable return for a very long time.

The prequel Jedi weren't a bunch of bumbling Jar Jar mascots. They were just not trained to the fullest extent. The majority, anyway. Personally, I think their portrayal was done adequately enough.

How did I miss this yesterday?!

This is another inst-buy for me! Can't wait for the inevitable Obi-Wan.
The figure looks amazing, although the HS could use some revisiting, the face looks a bit too angular and lean.

The prequel Jedi weren't that bad. They were complacent. Save for a few. Mace was pretty cool and even channeled the dark side in his saber skills.

There were so many Jedi, many who had not even laid eyes upon a Sith, that I could see the majority of them being naturally weak. They had bolstered their numbers sure, but a lot of them lacked focus and training on a personal level. The Sith had been patiently waiting, planning for their inevitable return for a very long time.

The prequel Jedi weren't a bunch of bumbling Jar Jar mascots. They were just not trained to the fullest extent. The majority, anyway. Personally, I think their portrayal was done adequately enough.

Unprepared and complacent maybe... The didn't come across as beings who had trained almost since birth to become one with the force, through all the rigorous training and selection. They may not have come up against Sith so were unprepared but even in battles against droids they just didn't live up to how I imagined Jedi to be.

This is amazing! Hayden could have been amazing under a better director but he looked great in Ep 3 and I am glad they went with that. I hope they do Obi Wan!!

Back