Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new at sixth scale figure collecting thing. I was wondering why everybody loves this figure so much? Yeah it looks good in general but has lots of flaws.

I think, head is enormous (should be smaller at least %10), face is too square and masculine (Hayden's features softer than this), legs are too skinny.

Am i missing something?

I'm new at sixth scale figure collecting thing. I was wondering why everybody loves this figure so much? Yeah it looks good in general but has lots of flaws.

I think, head is enormous (should be smaller at least %10), face is too square and masculine (Hayden's features softer than this), legs are too skinny.

Am i missing something?

Do you own it? Its way better in hand and one of HT's best in my opinion.

Am i missing something?

Yeah. You’re new to the collecting. These aren’t minute scale reproductions of an exact person. They are stylised representations of a character from a movie and as such, they don’t need to be perfectly accurate to the actor. They just need to evoke the character.
It might seem incongruous. But that’s the way it is.

Yeah. You’re new to the collecting. These aren’t minute scale reproductions of an exact person. They are stylised representations of a character from a movie and as such, they don’t need to be perfectly accurate to the actor. They just need to evoke the character.
It might seem incongruous. But that’s the way it is.

I'm not pursuing perfection. However these are $230-250 priced figures and my expectations are high. As far as i can tell one sixth collector communities much more forgiver than any other collector groups when prices of these things considered. Maybe i'm too nitpicky :rotfl

Nah, you're right.
I'm a big fan of Anakin, and while this is the best figure you can possibly get, you're pretty much spot on with your critique.
But, it is what it is. There's not a single better figure out there, not even a custom head sculpt that looks better. A shame, really.

Am i missing something?

Best high-end interpretation of Anakin's figure for us, as SW fans and as collectors to collect.

No other issues that I can think of...
Well, maybe the cloak, it's a bit short and the hood is stupidly small. But I don't really mind that much. Besides, I suppose it should be relatively easy to get a replacement one.
Other than that the figure is stellar IMHO.

This sprang to mind...

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a5e2854a81ba07e7d3691b92f90dab34/tumblr_mhvywhn7rd1rv3w3po1_400.gifv

Likeness issues aside, does this figure have any other issues? I was considering one that I can get for $150 from a friend, pretty much new in box.

That?s a great deal imo

I don?t think you will be disappointed in the figure, it was one of my favorites and while I no longer have it I did order the ds version to replace my loss. I would have gotten the ls version again if it was still at retail. Worst case you can get it and resell it if you don?t like him.

I have both Jedi and Sith Ani, and it is absolutely 100% true that the robe & hood of Sith version is longer and bigger than the Jedi one.

79991939_533456630578714_2425824827592933376_n.jpg

Anyone have a way to not ruin the collar with the hair when you turn his head? I see a lot of picture on this thread with a ruined collar, I don't want this happen to mine ...

I try and tilt the sculpt forward so that way the hair lifts up a bit in the back and then rotate it, but even this doesn’t completely prevent any fraying from happening. I think to completely avoid it, you’d have to remove the sculpt and then put it back on looking in the desired direction.

Anyone have a way to not ruin the collar with the hair when you turn his head? I see a lot of picture on this thread with a ruined collar, I don't want this happen to mine ...

I need to look over the pictures here again. I never noticed that.

I try and tilt the sculpt forward so that way the hair lifts up a bit in the back and then rotate it, but even this doesn?t completely prevent any fraying from happening. I think to completely avoid it, you?d have to remove the sculpt and then put it back on looking in the desired direction.

And you don't care? I think I'm the only one talking about this. Howevert that will ruin the figure ...

Back