Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you don't care? I think I'm the only one talking about this. Howevert that will ruin the figure ...

If I try and mitigate it by tilting the sculpt forward before rotating it as I said, I think that indicates I do care. But I suppose I don’t care enough to remove the sculpt and put it back on each time I want to rotate the sculpt.

And you don't care? I think I'm the only one talking about this. Howevert that will ruin the figure ...

I'm bothered anytime HT sculpts hair that goes down that far to restrict movement. I'm preordered Qui-Gon but I know I'm going to hate dealing with that.

I know this isn't really the place for showing off kit-bashes, but I didn't want to make a thread for this.

I put my regular Anakin away after I got the dark side version, but he came in use afterall... or at least parts of him did.

80992655_2297819100458736_326930458145193984_n.jpg

81334189_2990579344295492_1473025159479689216_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I have wanted to do that exact custom but haven?t had the extra scratch to pull it together. Great job. Thank you for posting what it will look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I'm quite happy with it myself as it turned out much better than I expected. Now I will admit i'm not the first person to do this as I've seen a few people on facebook that have done it too.

It looks great.
Is it just the SS version with parts of the HT?
Or did you do more than that?

I bought a parted out HT Anakin body as to not risk messing up the one I have, was $25 so it wasn't a big loss. But I used the head, light up saber arm, right bracer and belts from my HT Anakin.

The clothing, armor, boots, left hand (since he wore a glove on that hand) and left bracer from sideshow general skywalker. (Note that the peg in the boots does not actually work with the HT body, but they do insert to the point where it's solid enough to stand on his own. They just pull off easily. Maybe one day I'll try changing out the pegs, but as for now I can deal with it like this.

I bought a parted out HT Anakin body as to not risk messing up the one I have, was $25 so it wasn't a big loss. But I used the head, light up saber arm, right bracer and belts from my HT Anakin.

The clothing, armor, boots, left hand (since he wore a glove on that hand) and left bracer from sideshow general skywalker. (Note that the peg in the boots does not actually work with the HT body, but they do insert to the point where it's solid enough to stand on his own. They just pull off easily. Maybe one day I'll try changing out the pegs, but as for now I can deal with it like this.

Nice.
It certainly looks the part.
Although it's 100% Canon now, when all we had were the original trilogy, i always assumed that the Jedi might have been more varied in their clothing styles during the era of the Republic.
Even though we see Old Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan wearing what we now think of as Jedi Robes at the end of ROTJ, i always imagined that Ben was in disguise on Tattooine(Luke and Uncle Owen, plus many others are wearing the same style of clothing).
When they were making Episode I, my fevered imaginings of how amazing the Jedi were going to look turned out to be me over-thinking it, lol.
I sculpted a Jedi General back in 1998, with a military uniform, epaulettes and braid, lol(I suppose it owed more to Luke's black ROTJ garb).
How wrong i was.
But i do love seeing Jedi wearing costumes that are slightly further away from the OT style of Ben and Yoda.

Nice.
It certainly looks the part.
Although it's 100% Canon now, when all we had were the original trilogy, i always assumed that the Jedi might have been more varied in their clothing styles during the era of the Republic.
Even though we see Old Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan wearing what we now think of as Jedi Robes at the end of ROTJ, i always imagined that Ben was in disguise on Tattooine(Luke and Uncle Owen, plus many others are wearing the same style of clothing).
When they were making Episode I, my fevered imaginings of how amazing the Jedi were going to look turned out to be me over-thinking it, lol.
I sculpted a Jedi General back in 1998, with a military uniform, epaulettes and braid, lol(I suppose it owed more to Luke's black ROTJ garb).
How wrong i was.
But i do love seeing Jedi wearing costumes that are slightly further away from the OT style of Ben and Yoda.

Give him a red lightsaber and take off the braid and you have an interesting Imperial/Sith General :lol

All things considered Luke's choice for his Jedi outfit in ROTJ was pretty abnormal to anything but Imperial officers. I always took that (head canon) as Luke trying to find a way to relate to Vader after finding out he was Anakin or to give them a false sense of security by mimicking them or implying he may be open to joining them. Black is kind of an odd choice otherwise since he already knows Vader wears all black. That's not to say it didn't look good on him, I likewise figured that was the traditional Jedi garb until the prequels came around.
I know back then they didn't have the expanded universe to reference and I doubt Yoda took the time to explain Jedi clothing to Luke either. He had to have picked it up at some point with those books since he switches to traditional robes later.

This looks great, and now I want to do it myself! I'm curious though, why didn't you want to use the Hot Toys boots?

Give him a red lightsaber and take off the braid and you have an interesting Imperial/Sith General :lol

Yeah. I am not sure if i have that sculpture still. I used to go nuts when new SW movies were announced, coming up with my own characters including backstories.

All things considered Luke's choice for his Jedi outfit in ROTJ was pretty abnormal to anything but Imperial officers. I always took that (head canon) as Luke trying to find a way to relate to Vader after finding out he was Anakin or to give them a false sense of security by mimicking them or implying he may be open to joining them. Black is kind of an odd choice otherwise since he already knows Vader wears all black. That's not to say it didn't look good on him, I likewise figured that was the traditional Jedi garb until the prequels came around.

Yeah. It's very telling that his ROTJ costume is very similar to the clothing Dooku uses after leaving the Jedi Order...

I know back then they didn't have the expanded universe to reference and I doubt Yoda took the time to explain Jedi clothing to Luke either. He had to have picked it up at some point with those books since he switches to traditional robes later.

It's because of the ROTJ costume that i always leave a bit of wiggle room in my head for possible Jedi clothing.

Anyone have a way to not ruin the collar with the hair when you turn his head? I see a lot of picture on this thread with a ruined collar, I don't want this happen to mine ...

I?m not sure how good it?d look as I haven?t seen it done before, but you could also always try popping the back of the collar and tucking the hair on the inside of it as opposed to having the hair fall over the outside. I just recently watched RotS and there were a lot of moments where the back of his collar was popped out a bit and his hair was tucked on the inside.

83cfc47c9969a10cfb5759502647fc60.jpg
6db346a9efeac691d03f0cb9b6ff799d.jpg
ab2820ebd5a26b0ba46c7b8cd88acdba.jpg

Finally upgraded my old sideshow anakin. I used the old sideshow outfit but bought a new 3rd party robe. The pleather sash?s were flaking badly but a friend got me some fine high grade leather samples to make some replacements. I made them slightly longer and wider over the shoulders, think they came out really nice. The head is a HT knock off, ?16 from ebay which is far better painted than I was expecting. The old ss body was really loose and I couldn?t get the head off so replaced with a cheap eBay narrow shoulder body. I had to swap the gloved hand arm over though as couldn?t just switch the hand. For around ?55 I?m really happy with it. Got a new body, HT knockoff head and HT robe for Obi wan on the way now.

Finally upgraded my old sideshow anakin. I used the old sideshow outfit but bought a new 3rd party robe. The pleather sash?s were flaking badly but a friend got me some fine high grade leather samples to make some replacements. I made them slightly longer and wider over the shoulders, think they came out really nice. The head is a HT knock off, ?16 from ebay which is far better painted than I was expecting. The old ss body was really loose and I couldn?t get the head off so replaced with a cheap eBay narrow shoulder body. I had to swap the gloved hand arm over though as couldn?t just switch the hand. For around ?55 I?m really happy with it. Got a new body, HT knockoff head and HT robe for Obi wan on the way now.

Looks amazing.
great work.

Back