Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I have the normal Anakin, plus a spare headsculpt and two dark side headsculpts. I have kept my eyes open for a good deal on the dark side version. Although it occurs to me now that if I sold this spare sculpts for $100 apiece, I could just order the DS one from Sideshow...

Lol you should do it. Let's hope the DS will go on sale.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Next time EBay has a ?1 sales weekend I?ll list the heads.

Let me know when you do, I wouldn't mind getting a Sith version

They were *really* expensive when i bought them(And they don't seem to be available any more on Ebay).
It has been my experience when selling on here, that no-one wants to pay Ebay prices, lol.
The amount of messages i have in my inbox here: "Well i don't *care* what you paid on Ebay for that head, i'm offering you $30, take it or leave it!".
Or words to that effect.
"You paid $150 for that headsculpt? You're an idiot. I can stretch to $50, but only if you provide free shipping."
Although the fees are high on Ebay, You seldom get people arguing over the price you originally paid, hehe.

Yeah I think the hype for the spare Sith head has finally settled down somewhat. I've watched the come and go on eBay for months now waiting for that one good, low price(I believe it was $95) and when it finally shows up, it's bought before I had the funds to pay for it. :mad::gah:

Has anyone bought one of the ?custom? LS heads from ebay? Are they any good? The ones 30-40$ or so. The pictures look good, but that doesn?t mean much for what you get.

Yeah I think the hype for the spare Sith head has finally settled down somewhat. I've watched the come and go on eBay for months now waiting for that one good, low price(I believe it was $95) and when it finally shows up, it's bought before I had the funds to pay for it. :mad::gah:

Tell me about it.
The amount of times i have the cash and something isn't for sale... Then pay some bills, and one shows up...
And every time there's one for $95 and you're skint, and then you get the cash and this shows up:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1...757606?hash=item48d2787f66:g:71cAAOSwReJdfQDH

Has anyone bought one of the ?custom? LS heads from ebay? Are they any good? The ones 30-40$ or so. The pictures look good, but that doesn?t mean much for what you get.

I bought one.
It's atrocious.
Not worth $20, never mind $40.
They always use a picture that's of far better quality than the one you will receive. Sometimes, even one of the HT sculpt.
Not worth buying, as the quality varies so much.

Thanks for the warning, because I would have likely bought it lol

Well, your mileage may vary, but the one I got had bad definition on the hair, plus the face was way too slender. And I have looked at all the auctions on eBay. They all offer the same head. The painting may slightly vary, but the sculpt is off from the word go.
It might work for some customs, if you are on a budget but, in my mind, the head is the one area you don?t want to skimp on when making a figure from parts.
In some angles, with good lighting, they manage to make it look good.
But, mark my words, the one they got to look good was the best one they had. Everything else(the one we would receive when we bought it), will be absolutely rubbish.

3c7f9d8ad88c0b3fad6eea1e26580955.jpg

8e1f357ea3c53c5eb8c93511290a2263.jpg

Well, your mileage may vary, but the one I got had bad definition on the hair, plus the face was way too slender. And I have looked at all the auctions on eBay. They all offer the same head. The painting may slightly vary, but the sculpt is off from the word go.
It might work for some customs, if you are on a budget but, in my mind, the head is the one area you don?t want to skimp on when making a figure from parts.
In some angles, with good lighting, they manage to make it look good.
But, mark my words, the one they got to look good was the best one they had. Everything else(the one we would receive when we bought it), will be absolutely rubbish.

3c7f9d8ad88c0b3fad6eea1e26580955.jpg

8e1f357ea3c53c5eb8c93511290a2263.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

Looks like a malnourished Anakin LoL

I?ll probably just stick with the ds sculpt or save up for a regular hot toys sculpt.

Appreciate the feedback!

Thanks for the pics!

Looks like a malnourished Anakin LoL

I?ll probably just stick with the ds sculpt or save up for a regular hot toys sculpt.

Appreciate the feedback!

No worries. It does occur to me now that the sculpt might work well to remove the hair and do a Vader scarred sculpt. The hair just pops off. I tried the hair on my ROTJ Luke sculpt.

No worries. It does occur to me now that the sculpt might work well to remove the hair and do a Vader scarred sculpt. The hair just pops off. I tried the hair on my ROTJ Luke sculpt.

Well it?s always nice to have those extra accessories. ^_^

Would have loved a DX with all three head variants of him

Anyone know how to get a replacement screw for the lightsaber hilt so it can actually attach to the belt? Somehow lost the screw that came with mine. So wondering if there?s a specific screw I can possibly buy or something else.

Actually it?s a peg not a screw that goes in the lightsaber hilt so that it can latch into his belt

Actually it?s a peg not a screw that goes in the lightsaber hilt so that it can latch into his belt

But , to be fair, if you have a large enough watch screw, you could use that.
I have a box of watch screws i use for model details and i just found one that would fit. So a screw can work if you didn't have the peg handy.

Back