Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got that Ganghood body and it's not any wider in the shoulders than the HT one. In fact the outfit would probably look even baggier on it.

Ah right I didnt know that. I always thought it was broad enough for the suit. I dont have the Luke figure on hand so its purely speculation on my part. But thanks for the heads up though!

0e192d6da2e3aa478175b5df83aa0710.jpg

I wanted to paint my saber so I can give it to one of my other Luke’s can anybody recommend a paint or spray paint?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0e192d6da2e3aa478175b5df83aa0710.jpg

I wanted to paint my saber so I can give it to one of my other Luke’s can anybody recommend a paint or spray paint?

like paint it blue? I'm sure you can... but it' won't be clear and see through like this anymore... I mean they do make translucent paints, I use some in painging plastic models, but don't think it would cover the green. It might be cool if someone made a mold and recast this in different colors?

If you're looking for a blue one, the new Rey and Anakin figures come with one. Might be better off trying to track one of those down.

I don’t think anyone has had any actual staining yet. There is another layer of fabric glued on the inside collar which people have guessed is to prevent staining. There have been a couple people who have had what appears at first to be staining but has turned out to be the fluff from the collar stuck to the neck likely from glue residue. Deanknight was able to get his off with a q-tip and water.

I think long term I would be more concerned about the sleeves staining the hands and the robe staining the neck, head and hands.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll take the protective plastic off and see what happened.

Hi, can anyone give me any details on what bidy/fatsuit mods they have done? Thanks!

I don't have the figure on hand but from what iv read some people either removed the fat suit completely(torso, shoulders, chest, legs) or some just remove selected parts of it. From the pictures iv seen the suit from the legs are usually not removed cus he ends up looking really skinny after.

Also, people have commented it becomes too baggy after the whole fat suit is removed. Maybe you could try a body swap instead to fill out the suit better but I don't know any that are short and wide enough to fill the suit at the moment.

I'm amazed a third party has not started making swooshing blades available separately. I'd want a blue each for Obi-Wan and Bespin Luke and a red one for my Sideshow Vader with HT saber arm. Plenty of moolah to be made from a single mold.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll take the protective plastic off and see what happened.

Mine got stained but it was the glue that it has to put the foam on the inside of the collar. I was able to remove it but now I'm a bit worried that it'll happen again so I put the plastic back on. I'll probably put tape inside the collar so it won't happen again.

This fig really has "center of the display" presence. After some IKEA buy-ups, I'm finally starting to pull all of my displays together.

G40llMv.jpg

Palps looks wasted there... 'Get me a bevvie, you big cloaked knobhead... and some crisps... Cheese & Onion!'

Back