Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Luke t'day. No problem with his bulk outta the box personally. Some peope won't like it but the overall look and quality of the figure is fantastic. The headsculpt is so much better in person. A+ figure. No regerts.

Yeah I know some people aren't bothered by it, but the torso definitely looks too bulky to me. Hopefully I can get to modding mine this weekend.

Getting the fat suit off takes maybe 10 or 15 minutes. The costume may look a little baggy afterwards. It also let me see how the shoulders should be angled and I think it made it slightly easier to get the lightsaber arm on.

Just got mine in today, but Im a bit disappointed. His torso looks too bulky, when surely he should be pretty slender? Would removing the fat suit, as some people have done, help, or just adjusting the tunic pieces?View attachment 422407

Weird...yours looks way fatter then mine...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So I know people have done the fat suit mod but has anyone tried a body swap yet? A few people mentioned trying it a hundred pages back but no one has posted any pictures of their results. Anyone with pictures of this mod?

Yeah true that. I haven't gotten the figure myself so I'm hoping to see what I can if I eventually get it. I was thinking maybe the Asian Ganghood body? Then cut off the neck

So I know people have done the fat suit mod but has anyone tried a body swap yet? A few people mentioned trying it a hundred pages back but no one has posted any pictures of their results. Anyone with pictures of this mod?

I did the fat suit mod but I see no reason to do a body swap unless you have a specific look in mind. The slim TT is the body he’s on.

Is there another slim, short body people are using? I didn't think there were many options out there for that.

There is the HT slim and a KO version of the slim but I don’t know of any others that are short enough and slim enough to use for Luke.

Just got this guy, and I love it! He looks great and has so many display options. He definitely looks better in person! If you're on fence don't be... He is an AWESOME figure.

Hmm I was thinking maybe something like the ganghood asian body(Bruce Lee) could fill out the suit better with a more natural look. Cus it still looks like the shoulders are quite droopy after the fat suit is is removed.

I did the fat suit mod but I see no reason to do a body swap unless you have a specific look in mind. The slim TT is the body he’s on.

There is the HT slim and a KO version of the slim but I don’t know of any others that are short enough and slim enough to use for Luke.

Hmm I was thinking maybe something like the ganghood asian body(Bruce Lee) could fill out the suit better with a more natural look. Cus it still looks like the shoulders are quite droopy after the fat suit is is removed.

Back