Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Google says that Hayden Christensen is 6' and Mark Hamill is 5'9", so they're just a few inches apart. Also, isn't some of that height difference presumably due to the helmet and the robot legs the Emperor gives Vader (and, of course, the fact that it wasn't Hayden Christensen in the Vader suit in the OT, since we was a toddler when ROTJ came out!)?

There’s also over analyzing :lol

David Prowse was cast for the figure he’d give Vader, Hayden was cast for acting, I don’t think George had height considerations beyond looking tall enough.

Hot Toys is a toy company making products reasonably in scale but not exact to each actor. Luke should be shorter than any figure of his father, accomplished. It’d be one thing if Luke was shorter and should be equal, but this isn’t worth breaking out the chains to see if it’s only close or if they got the first down.

David Prowse was cast for the figure he’d give Vader, Hayden was cast for acting, I don’t think George had height considerations beyond looking tall enough.

Hot Toys is a toy company making products reasonably in scale but not exact to each actor. Luke should be shorter than any figure of his father, accomplished. It’d be one thing if Luke was shorter and should be equal, but this isn’t worth breaking out the chains to see if it’s only close or if they got the first down.

Just got my ROTJ Luke in ,

Got to say guys , none of the previous Lukes including DX07 hold a candle this new Luke.

I think the sculpt is 100% bang on .

Only small issue I have with this figure was the sabre LED arm . It was a total bee-arch to get in that sleeve, I found i had t remove some of the excess material inside the sleeve for it to fit . Finally got it though.

I think this is the best luke figure to Date . I am even impressed with the boots on how realistic they are in comparison to Han Solo's booots. They can be posed and look realistic.

If he came with the Endor Helmet and Poncho it would have made this figure even better.

I predict this figure will sell out , but just be sure if you are buying him pay the retail price, dont go off ebay or you will be ripped off.
I have seen scum trying to load this off for 500,600 even 750 .

I only buy retail now including pre-order. I dont know why after 5 years of collecting the penny only drops now :lol

I have even seen the head going for over 200.00 . This is absolute madness , something must be done to stop this nightmare.
I know friends who miss out on figures for what ever reason when released, then they try to get from ebay , and the prices are extortion.
A few years ago , it was really only a handful of figures that were high priced ( GODFATHER, AVENGERS LOKI , BLADE ETC).
Now it seems to be every figure is going higher and higher eventually at some point , when these trolls realise no one is buying for the insane costs, maybe the price will come down on the Ebay market.

Well, Google says that Hayden Christensen is 6' and Mark Hamill is 5'9", so they're just a few inches apart. Also, isn't some of that height difference presumably due to the helmet and the robot legs the Emperor gives Vader (and, of course, the fact that it wasn't Hayden Christensen in the Vader suit in the OT, since we was a toddler when ROTJ came out!)?

958d9303c6032508247358bca1d8d691.jpg

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Mark-Hamill-1059.html

fba42939c7b91c97d552de07c09dd2ca.png

You must be new to this! LOL !

If there is one subject that 1/6 collectors over analyze its scale....every thread is FULL of this! It used to bother the hell out of me also, but when I sat down and thought about it , scale in a SCALE figure is pretty important, and can ruin a figure....case and point VTS recent Furiosa release..

Always remember the root of analyze is ****.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Finally arrived. This is such an awesome figure! So many display options. And likeness is spot on. No problem with the fat suit at all.

IMG_20180808_202500086.jpg

Now bring on Vader ESB and Palpatine!

I love my Luke Rotj , but cant help but notice the colour of the inside of the shirt is white because I am sure its supposed to be blueish grey

Anyone do anything about the shirt staining the neck?

I don’t think anyone has had any actual staining yet. There is another layer of fabric glued on the inside collar which people have guessed is to prevent staining. There have been a couple people who have had what appears at first to be staining but has turned out to be the fluff from the collar stuck to the neck likely from glue residue. Deanknight was able to get his off with a q-tip and water.

I think long term I would be more concerned about the sleeves staining the hands and the robe staining the neck, head and hands.

Just got mine in today, but Im a bit disappointed. His torso looks too bulky, when surely he should be pretty slender? Would removing the fat suit, as some people have done, help, or just adjusting the tunic pieces?47B42F23-EDFB-4ADD-B0C9-FE60A6976FD9.jpg

Back