Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I shot my Luke's lightsaber blade with some Plasti-dip today, hoping to get a more vibrant green since I will probably never use the light up feature, and the blade looks pretty weak when it's not lit up. I'm happy with the result. I put enough on it to still have a little bit of translucency, but enough to make it actually green on display. Also happy I was able to find a shade of Plasti-dip that works (Blaze Green), since it peels right off if I ever want it to. Also please note this not my display configuration, I moved things around a bit just to show the blade :lol

IMG_0951.jpgIMG_0952.jpg

So I shot my Luke's lightsaber blade with some Plasti-dip today, hoping to get a more vibrant green since I will probably never use the light up feature, and the blade looks pretty weak when it's not lit up. I'm happy with the result. I put enough on it to still have a little bit of translucency, but enough to make it actually green on display. Also happy I was able to find a shade of Plasti-dip that works (Blaze Green), since it peels right off if I ever want it to. Also please note this not my display configuration, I moved things around a bit just to show the blade :lol

View attachment 420371View attachment 420370

Yep. I think you found the perfect shade. :clap:

Got mine today...working on editing the pics.

As usual....much better looking in hand. After seeing how the hair came off in my hand so easily....I have NO DOUBT, they are making a accessory pack.

They do them for Iron Man figures, it’s definitely possible.

But they like to milk the Star Wars line.. so an entirely new figure with the accessories is more likely.

Got mine yesterday from ToySapien in Japan. I'm having weird thoughts about it. Overall he is by far my most coveted character/costume and his preorder is why I started collecting Hot Toys to begin with. I think the head sculpt looks amazing, and sometimes I think he looks fantastic. But the "fat suit" and the short neck really bother me, and it really bothers me that in order to make my $250 toy look right I'm supposed to damage/change it... I've got him displayed without the tunic in the Throne Room style and he looks less thick that way, so maybe I'll get over it. I have ANH and Bespin Luke though and those don't feel fat. Why did they add a fatsuit to him? He's so skinny!

For those of you who did modify the fat suit, how did you get the outfit off? It doesn't appear to have a clasp or openings to remove... did you cut it off? Has anyone put together a tutorial on how to modify it? I've looked through the thread, but it's so long now it's hard to find anything...

Anyway, here are some pics.

20180725_135238.jpg

20180725_133127.jpg

20180725_132245.jpg

20180725_132100.jpg

20180725_004733.jpg
Hood action activate!

Ugh, they're all sideways... dunno how to fix that. :/ Sorry!

Back