Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who have removed the fat suit, how did you get the jumpsuit off? I wanted to see what he looked like under there, but as far as I can tell the flap on the front folds down, but the rest of the outfit is unremovable? I don't mind cutting the fat suit off, but I'm really confused how you undressed him in the first place! Do you cut the costume itself? Does anyone have any pictures of him before-and-after in the jump suit with the fat suit and without the fat suit?

Would I be jumped on if I made a thread about how to mod this to keep it separate from this one? Or should I move that to the customs forum? (Or is there already a thread about this I've not see?)

I’ve done the mod and there is no need to cut the elastic band on the shirt.

First you take off the head, hand, and boots. Then you slide off the pants. There is no clasp or snap so you have to be very careful. I recommend squeezing the legs together to make them as small as possible to get the pants off. Then you simply bend one leg all the way up to the body as if he is about to sit on his feet. Then the elastic strap will easily fit over the leg and the shirt can be removed no problem.

A few pics to show what I did.

41c518b1526c56421315097e30f81e13.jpg

Elastic strap from the shirt through the legs.
0b2824f0e425a39440e7cf74aa3f68fb.jpg

How I modded the fat suit after cutting it. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

Curious if the general consensus, is that this is a below par figure. For a character of this magnitude, the release should have felt greater? My guess is its due to the presentation of what was DX Bespin.

Curious if the general consensus, is that this is a below par figure. For a character of this magnitude, the release should have felt greater? My guess is its due to the presentation of what was DX Bespin.

I’m very happy with it. I think they could’ve done better on the expression but the sculpt is solid. He’s a little puffy as a lot have said so I think the tailoring could’ve been a bit better, but all in all I’m not disappointed. I know a lot of people would’ve maybe preferred a DX with the Endor stuff, but personally that stuff would never even make it out of the box, so I’m glad it’s a standard MMS release.

My biggest gripe is in the movie design itself. They made his hair very decidedly ‘80’s, where it’s much less dated to me in ANH and Empire. There’s a few scenes in RotJ where his hair is messed up and looks less ‘80’s, but I can’t fault Hot Toys for accuracy.

Just jumped into HT Star Wars.

Put in an order in for ROTJ Luke, ESB Vader, ESB Boba and ROTJ Deluxe Emperor. Should tide me over for a bit, and all should be here over the next month or two it looks like.

It may not be as cool a figure as my IM Mk 6 or RO Vader, but it's still a really strong release in my opinion, with the best Luke sculpt yet and the ability to replicate three distinct looks from the movie. So I'm pretty darn happy with it myself.

For me, I feel like each SW piece I get is becoming somewhat lackluster. I think it's mostly due to oversaturation. When DX Bespin Luke was released that was the first Hot Toys SW fig we got and at the time we didn't know if we'd get anything else, maybe? I think ROTJ Luke is an outstanding figure I just think I'm becoming desensitized from the never ending releases. Just a little bit.

WOW. Amazing beard. How did you do that? Hair used? Glue used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry. It’s just an app. It adds smiles, beards, etc.

Thanks, everyone!!

Two can play at your game, User!

Please excuse the green blade.

lol. Yeah. I saw JediJim use that app the other day. I had no idea about it!!!
I’ve been adding smiles and beards to pics of all my HT figures!!!!
It has made my week.

For me, I feel like each SW piece I get is becoming somewhat lackluster. I think it's mostly due to oversaturation. When DX Bespin Luke was released that was the first Hot Toys SW fig we got and at the time we didn't know if we'd get anything else, maybe? I think ROTJ Luke is an outstanding figure I just think I'm becoming desensitized from the never ending releases. Just a little bit.

I’m the opposite right now. As they get better each new SW release is really exciting to me. Especially since they dove into the PT. I didn’t think I’d have as much interest in them as I have. They just look so awesome.

I’m the opposite right now. As they get better each new SW release is really exciting to me. Especially since they dove into the PT. I didn’t think I’d have as much interest in them as I have. They just look so awesome.
Agreed, coming from someone who’s not a Prequel Trilogy fan I’ve liked a lot of what’s been shown. The only figures I’ve got no interest in are the Clones. Not going to jump down that rabbit hole and plus I’ve never liked the designs much but a lot of the core prequel characters I find myself leaning towards getting. Damn tempting Hot Toys..

Agreed, coming from someone who’s not a Prequel Trilogy fan I’ve liked a lot of what’s been shown. The only figures I’ve got no interest in are the Clones. Not going to jump down that rabbit hole and plus I’ve never liked the designs much but a lot of the core prequel characters I find myself leaning towards getting. Damn tempting Hot Toys..

HT trying to convince your mind that you need PT figures:

tumblr_inline_o070cfsVUM1sm20ql_500.gif

Must resist.

Great right out of the box. Better pics coming....Let the fun begin!

a06c85612d72431524d59369c366ea39.jpg

df515c348959e716ddf9db0e10edfa50.jpg

a578531ecb510c67a2053ab62aec6852.jpg

352282b984ab076244b61481ef7e9d3f.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back