Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today. I haven't had a lot of time to play around with him but so far he looks awesome. I would definitely say out of the box he's the best version of Luke to date. There are so many display options . It's going to take a while to come up with my favorite.

Got mine today and looks fantastic. He's definitely looking a bit thick around the middle though so I'll need to correct that.

The lack of extra gloved hands has been discussed to death, but one thing I was surprised by was the lack of any relaxed hands. This is the first HT figure I can remember without them, and they're always my favorite to use. Fortunately I should have some extras around.

I recently got the parted-out costume pieces and saber arm from this figure. Put everything on a TTM-22 knock-off body, plopped on a modified Bespin BD head recast, and added a Hasbro saber blade. Here are some pics.

JediLukeCustom01.jpg

JediLukeCustom02.jpg

JediLukeCustom03.jpg

The clothes are a little loose without any padding, but not as much as I expected. :yess: The looseness actually works out well for dynamic posing, which is what I needed anyway (and why I'm using a custom head sculpt - needed a more stern expression than the HT one). The belt is a problem, though; it's too loose without padding under it, so I had to add a new piece of velcro. The belt looks terrible from behind as a result, so I'll need to come up with something else.

Overall, I'm satisfied enough with HT's outfit that I'm going to get the full figure for the Jabba's palace look. That fat suit will be removed for sure, though.

I like the figure overall, but I expected people to be exaggerating more about the fatsuit. It really is annoying though.

No cool backdrops for mine unfortunately, but here's a few quick poses in the old detolf. I can definitely see how the neck seems a bit short, so that's another thing I'll need to take a look at. It's still a really damn cool looking figure though.

And of course I've always loved that moment during the Sarlacc scene when he catches the lightsaber and looks at it for a beat before activating it, so I had to do that pose too. :)

20180724_184838 (485x925).jpg

20180724_184719 (561x925).jpg

20180724_183049 (578x925).jpg

20180724_181901 (562x925).jpg

No cool backdrops for mine unfortunately, but here's a few quick poses in the old detolf. I can definitely see how the neck seems a bit short, so that's another thing I'll need to take a look at. It's still a really damn cool looking figure though.

And of course I've always loved that moment during the Sarlacc scene when he catches the lightsaber and looks at it for a beat before activating it, so I had to do that pose too.

View attachment 420249

View attachment 420250

View attachment 420251

View attachment 420252

Great pics! I’ve still got about a month wait for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And of course I've always loved that moment during the Sarlacc scene when he catches the lightsaber and looks at it for a beat before activating it, so I had to do that pose too. :)

View attachment 420249

View attachment 420250

View attachment 420251

View attachment 420252

Great great pics!!!! Here I go to repose my Luke and copy yours....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday. He's a beaut. Only did a few poses but I love him already. Headsculpt is much better in person too. The instructions indicate that the reason his hair has the magnet is for an "expansion set" later. I'm paraphrasing but I'm starting to think Endor Luke won't be a full figure. Maybe they'll put up Endor Leia with Luke add ons. First pic is my son being excited for daddy's new toy[emoji16]...

64b274211b8db8ee06ced8cfa17bd35f.jpg
c7f1fb32ed5ea66601b44d2fc7c830bd.jpg
fea8160069e89913c3df8c2ba434b37a.jpg
dad621996c00f91f5646a649f8729c5d.jpg
4d660124c601868b9d003a0de6b8c758.jpg
7a904df727329f149e85f058a0362f43.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Nice shots/poses davejames:clap

How's the height on yours? It looks like it's from the same batch as mine...with the short neck and longer legs..

Hmm, I'll have to check later. I did put him next to my modded ANH Luke and he seemed about the same height, but can't remember what height I made that one to be. The proportions do seem a bit off though.

Back