Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any tips on getting the interchangeable arm out? I honestly feel like I’m going to break something or rip the sleeve. Dumb design, I wish they’d have used velcro on the cuff or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here! I can attach the lighted arm but the sleeve wont come down to the wrist. Its too tight around the forearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any tips on getting the interchangeable arm out? I honestly feel like I’m going to break something or rip the sleeve. Dumb design, I wish they’d have used velcro on the cuff or something.

I just bunched the sleeve up enough to where I could see the joint (which is about as far as it goes) so I could at least tell what was doing, bent the arm at the elbow and pulled and didn’t have any issue. Did the same getting it back in, although that was much trickier.

The sleeve is pretty tight getting it back down but just holding it between my thumb and finger and wiggling it while pulling it down eventually got it.

Anybody get a head sculpt with paint application mistakes? Mine got three unsightly brown spots on the right side. I sent these photos to Sideshow. Let's see if they send a replacement.

IMG_2326.jpgIMG_2327.jpg

It doesn't bother me at all. As long as the shipper box is there to protect the main box I'm fine with postage stickers being on it. It says it all when we worry about the box that protects the box our stuff is in being damaged and affecting the price.

Thank you. I will shop from SSC since regarding shipment, SSC and BBTS are similar and BBTS has higher price in some items.

Thank you. I will shop from SSC since regarding shipment, SSC and BBTS are similar and BBTS has higher price in some items.

Yeah. I've had a couple of figures arrive from SSC in the last year or so and got another one coming on Tuesday. I've still got three more on PO from them. As long as the shipper is intact I think we're safe.

There you can see that nobody cared a damn about what we all care so much.......... Not even the oh so lovely Mark Hamill......

How sad.
m.

lol

I think that scene is pretty cool since it's the first day of shooting ROTJ, and it ended up as a deleted scene. They also had the ESB lightsaber while shooting that scene, and someone said "Hey, didn't you lose that in Empire?" and they had to fish out Alec's prop.

I do feel sorry for 1/6 people who are into Marvel, DC and other franchises/lines in addition to SW. I'm solely OT SW and Indy (not much available there) and I can barely keep up with space and $$$ requirements. Really have no idea how "multi-property" collectors do it.

It’s tough but I manage. I have to be very selective when it comes to my purchases. I have two detolfs for marvel, two for DC, 6 for Star Wars, and two for other misc properties with one out of each of the four shelves being used for one property each.

Misc Detolf 1
Pirates
Sleepy Hollow
Lone Ranger
Tron

Misc Detolf 2
BTTF
Harry Potter
Legend of Zelda
Game of Thrones

Then I have 4 large 26” square cabinets holding some of my larger pieces.

Tanis map room with Indy
Voltron
Taun Taun and Luke
Indy with Fertility Idol

The other side of the room on top of my Marvel and DC detolfs I have a 26” x 54” cabinet that displays all my Avengers so far.

Bless your heart if you have no interest in other franchises. I swear, between Marvel and SW I don't think I'll have enough room for my collection if they keep on making them like they have been. Have mercy on my soul the day Hot Toys decides to start making figures from the Clone Wars show. It'll simultaneously be the best and worst day of my collecting career ever. Some figures would have to go...

I hear ya. I’ve had to let some go to acquire others. Parting is sweet sorrow when it comes to collecting. I just have to remember I have limited space and if I fill it all up and acquire something new something old has to go.

Yeah. I've had a couple of figures arrive from SSC in the last year or so and got another one coming on Tuesday. I've still got three more on PO from them. As long as the shipper is intact I think we're safe.

May I ask something else. We're in different countries but I wonder, apart from shipping and VAT, does the carrier company charge additional expenses (SSC site mentions about this)?

You lost me when you described the OT as "utter perfection"
You Rose tinted glasses wearing old or middle aged people need help. I love star wars
All of them except TLJ. To be so delusional that you continually manage to over look all of the problems the OT has shows you and others like you have issues. The future star wars discussions will be some much better once all the old people who obviously drank and are still drinking the Kool aid die off or are too busy going to the.bathroom in their adult diapers while in nursing homes. The movies will be actually judged on merit then.

Hey buddy!
Thanks for your nice contribution!
Sorry that I took so long to answer you. You see, I was busy myself. I had a diaper crisis this week that kept my trembling hands from properly responding to your profound, well-grounded and memorable exposition.

BTW I just reported you to the system administrators. It was the least I could do for you after such a thoughtful contribution, and it is my hope that other users here will have done the same effort in the past days to support your views. If not, I encourage you guys to do so! Let's all support Malgus!

Buddy, with a bit of luck, you will be warned now, and after one or two more contributions like that one of yours, you will be ill no more! Aren't forum rules charming?? :)

Last but not least, I won't waste my time feeding your trolling needs with a lengthy and empirical "why OT is immeasurably superior to PT". You won't win there either, I am afraid. Sorry about that one!

Rather be an old lion then a young snowflake who is brave behind a keyboard and probably takes a piss sitting down. A Beta male who will end up taking his wife’s name. I grew up watching Star Wars. Your just coming to the party. So do yourself a favor and take this advice...it’s better to be silent and be thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt.

See you around kid

Don't give in Superman-Prime. Stay nice, don't go Sith. I speak from experience. Just report the little fella to the sysads and express your support to our dear young Malgus. They will help him.

Regards,
m.

For this kind of plight, it certainly helps not caring a damn about Disney SW, Disney Marvel, Disney anything, DC, and almost anything that is done these days.

I feel such a pleasure each time SSC or HT put out some figure I don't care about. It is such a pain when you discover something new you must own. Luckily enough, these moments are few and far apart.... A few things from LOTR, a bit more from the OT, 1 or 2 things from the PT aaaand that was it, my acquiring days will be gone (save for some kitbash here and there, that is... one has to be able to kitbash something from time to time, right???).

Yes. All a lie. But I try.

m.

It’s tough but I manage. I have to be very selective when it comes to my purchases. I have two detolfs for marvel, two for DC, 6 for Star Wars, and two for other misc properties with one out of each of the four shelves being used for one property each.

Misc Detolf 1
Pirates
Sleepy Hollow
Lone Ranger
Tron

Misc Detolf 2
BTTF
Harry Potter
Legend of Zelda
Game of Thrones

Tanis map room with Indy
Voltron
Taun Taun and Luke
Indy with Fertility Idol

The other side of the room on top of my Marvel and DC detolfs I have a 26” x 54” cabinet that displays all my Avengers so far.

I hear ya. I’ve had to let some go to acquire others. Parting is sweet sorrow when it comes to collecting. I just have to remember I have limited space and if I fill it all up and acquire something new something old has to go.

Misc Detolf 1
Pirates
Sleepy Hollow
Lone Ranger
Tron

Misc Detolf 2
BTTF
Harry Potter
Legend of Zelda
Game of Thrones

Tanis map room with Indy
Voltron
Taun Taun and Luke
Indy with Fertility Idol

No Ghostbusters? And what about the four Detolfs solely devoted to your Luke collection?:monkey3:lol

And do you have pics of your set-up anywhere?

Hi.
Want to buy the padded suit.
If anyone is not using it and want to get rid of it please let me know.

B6B6AFFA-9F68-493F-9E24-ECD55A46F612.jpeg

Is there supposed to be a plug for the hole in the top of the light saber if you are displaying it unlit?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes. That’s the plug for the saber blade(s), should you choose to put it in.

Edit: Sorry, read your question wrong. No, not that I’m aware of. I’ve never seen that before, other than with the ANH Obi-Wan figure where he came with an entirely separate hilt that didn’t have a hole in it.

Yes. That’s the plug for the saber blade(s), should you choose to put it in.

Edit: Sorry, read your question wrong. No, not that I’m aware of. I’ve never seen that before, other than with the ANH Obi-Wan figure where he came with an entirely separate hilt that didn’t have a hole in it.

Medicom sabers had a plug thing that went with the unignited hilts.

Is anyone planning to get the SSC one and just do a headswap?

I’ll be curious about the clothes for sure. But Hot Toys have the better bodies so it might be a clothes swap. Whatever looks best, I guess. This figure looks pretty good though, so not sure how motivated I’ll be to improve things.

Back