Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So uncivilized...

603f9de77221fe9bf70e3ef92afa3df7.jpg

For those outside US and buys from SCC... As you know, only SSC uses shipper boxes and while resellers like Popcultcha, Amazon, etc use another box to put shipper boxed figure, SCC just ships with shipper box with all those postage stickers on it. Does it bother you and does it decrease item's value for those who also keep shipper boxes?

For what they charge, and what they know about their collectors, double box should be a given....and a smaller supplier like TW always double boxes...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

For what they charge, and what they know about their collectors, double box should be a given....and a smaller supplier like TW always double boxes...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That would require more effort than printing a label and slapping it on a box. It also interferes with their "shipping for profit" business model.

You Rose tinted glasses wearing old or middle aged people need help. The future star wars discussions will be some much better once all the old people who obviously drank and are still drinking the Kool aid die off or are too busy going to the.bathroom in their adult diapers while in nursing homes.

wtf? Watch the generalization and creepy ageism, dude.

I am curious how an amalgam of the two will turn out. I like my Hot Toys Luke but some of the comments have really picked apart the DS look as too chubby/bulky. Also I am not a fan of this style of boots, like ANH Han

No Ghostbusters? And what about the four Detolfs solely devoted to your Luke collection?:monkey3:lol

And do you have pics of your set-up anywhere?

Nope. Love the original Ghostbusters movies but didn’t feel the pang to get the figures. LOL Lots of Lukes but not all the detolfs are filled with just Luke.

Yes. I’d be happy to share.
f2f6204089e0b273d7552c40debe4df8.jpg

d12af3ab002f40c63115820061bb0489.jpg

I need more and better lights.
7a7f45afd4d84f01ce0f5285dea4caee.jpg

c9b30bbd9d1c3e09a47cd91ef1cfd4fa.jpg

c9645434eebc4f218eddac5d9ae449a5.jpg

fb054b071b939fed06aa0c0a0fc22a9d.jpg

acbb91289eb83ab6183a581b66bbf1a7.jpg

5a211325a9a688161e505b496e5e3a4b.jpg

Happy to share any individual figure shots as well but didn’t want to take up too much room on this thread.

No Ghostbusters? No Star Trek? No Predators? :horror:lol

No. No Star Trek either though I am a casual fan of several of the series and never was a huge predator fan though I loved the original. Not a big Monster movie fan other than Godzilla.

AWESOME collection! :clap

unnamed-71.gif

Thanks. LOL maybe if I had more room, won the lottery, could expand my display room I’d pick them up cause they do look amazing but for now I have to concentrate on the many properties I already invested in.

Nope. Love the original Ghostbusters movies but didn’t feel the pang to get the figures. LOL Lots of Lukes but not all the detolfs are filled with just Luke.

c9b30bbd9d1c3e09a47cd91ef1cfd4fa.jpg

[/QUOTE]

OMG....Indy in the map room is amazing. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Definitely my next favorite piece next to the SS Taun Taun. Wish I had a Dewback though. Then I could die happy.

Thank you. Definitely my next favorite piece next to the SS Taun Taun. Wish I had a Dewback though. Then I could die happy.

I regret selling my SSC Hoth Luke and Han. I’m hoping Hot Toys bails me our and releases them. I doubt they will make Taun Taun. That is a great piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to share any individual figure shots as well but didn’t want to take up too much room on this thread.

Great pics. :clapYou should make a thread to show your collection. I like seeing pics of collections because it's so hard to photograph mine (all inside Bestas with solid doors.)

AWESOME collection! :clap

unnamed-71.gif

:rotfl:lecture

Though I saw all the BW GB figs the other day at a LCS and still only really love Ray. I am still severely bummed over how Venkman came out - a fine enough effort but ugh, if only his likeness was nailed like Ray. :gah: The other issue is that the BW backpacks (and to some degree the jumpsuit) aren't really a big improvement over the already-excellent Matty versions, though everything else is gorgeously detailed and a big step up on Matty but the backpack and jumpsuit is 2/3 of the outfit.

I'm fortunate I got my Dewback back when it was $300. Your collection and setup is freakin immaculate! Mine is detolf/cabinet-free..but I still really admire the museum-like look of those displays. I bet so many people wonder how rich you are when they see your collection. You certainly don't have to be rich to have all of that. I'm amazed I own nearly 100 1/6 figures plus all the action figures, prop replicas and such..and I certainly don't make 40+ grand a year lol. It just goes to show you that even if you don't live with mom and dad, you can still budget your money to afford nice things. ..Glad I've never been into fancy cars or a drug addict.

:rotfl:lecture

Though I saw all the BW GB figs the other day at a LCS and still only really love Ray. I am still severely bummed over how Venkman came out - a fine enough effort but ugh, if only his likeness was nailed like Ray. :gah: The other issue is that the BW backpacks (and to some degree the jumpsuit) aren't really a big improvement over the already-excellent Matty versions, though everything else is gorgeously detailed and a big step up on Matty but the backpack and jumpsuit is 2/3 of the outfit.

Yeah, Ray they nailed. I think Egon is pretty good as well, especially if you put some custom glasses on him with smaller frames; it surprisingly adds to the likeness even more so. Winston I think is pretty solid as well, sans the slightly too dark paint apps. Venkman is still unmistakably Bill Murray, but it’s more of a generic Bill Murray than it is specifically GB I. It’s actually a marvelous sculpt for a GB II Venkman, where he was a bit rounder in the face.

The packs are good enough, highly detailed, but they are still missing a few details, and they went with an odd choice by using those springs for the hoses leading from the pack to the wands. Not to mention the fragile buckles on the straps. The packs that I really like are the Soldier Story packs. They have all the minor details the BW ones lack, better material choice for hoses, buckles look sturdy, and parts of them are supposed to be die-cast. Literally a 1/6 version of the 1/1 packs. Though at this point, the SS figures look unlikely. Those packs on the BW figures would be outstanding.

Wrong thread for this discussion though I suppose. :lol

I was just scrolling aimlessly and Kenobi just poked up the second I passed by - absolutely perfect timing and a quality laugh - thank you! :rotfl

That Kenobi GIF cracks me up. :duff

I'm fortunate I got my Dewback back when it was $300. Your collection and setup is freakin immaculate! Mine is detolf/cabinet-free..but I still really admire the museum-like look of those displays. I bet so many people wonder how rich you are when they see your collection. You certainly don't have to be rich to have all of that. I'm amazed I own nearly 100 1/6 figures plus all the action figures, prop replicas and such..and I certainly don't make 40+ grand a year lol. It just goes to show you that even if you don't live with mom and dad, you can still budget your money to afford nice things. ..Glad I've never been into fancy cars or a drug addict.

I'm actually a recovering drug addict myself, I used to inject and smoke whatever I could get my hands on. I got into collecting when I overcame those demons and got myself sober a few years back. Collecting these types of figures can really help transition to a healthy addiction for people like me with "addictive personalities (i.e. weak wills lol)".

This hobby can become addictive. So maybe it's a good thing 1/6 scale figures are sorta pricey. Forces middle to lower class people to pick and choose wisely. Or maybe I'm just a rambling loony-toon ha ha ha.

OK... Quick question for all you people far more experienced that I on such things.

When I've received figures from the US I've had duty to pay... and I have to pay it before I can have my item... whether that's been via USPS or DHL. Normally when I get a figure from Sideshow DHL get in touch and I have to go to my local DHL office and pay the duty to pick the item up. I had a message from DHL a week or so ago stating there would be importation charges for my Jedi Luke (as I've had previously) but they've just delivered the figure to me without me arranging any payment to them. I don't have an account with them so I don't think they have any way to automatically taking payment. Is this collection something they do retrospectively?

This may be an obvious thing for people who've been in the game longer than I have but it's new to me. Will DHL chase this payment or do I just keep my head down and say nothing?

Back