Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone please summarize what assgardianboy's problem is for me and include an opinion?

m.

I got to the m. just as your avatar changed. And burst out laughing. Perfect comedic timing yet again.

Chef kiss.

Any other issues experienced by those who already have it in hand besides the potential collar/neck staining? Mine is shipping from Sideshow on the 22nd, and is going to be a birthday gift in late July, so I'll need to check it out for any potential issues so it's still in the return window if anything is wrong.

Any other issues experienced by those who already have it in hand besides the potential collar/neck staining? Mine is shipping from Sideshow on the 22nd, and is going to be a birthday gift in late July, so I'll need to check it out for any potential issues so it's still in the return window if anything is wrong.

If I recall correctly, there is no neck staining. It was found to just be some residue from the protective wrap around his neck and was easily removed.

Is the LED saber arm on this difficult or tricky to install at all? Since it’s the only option to have a saber-wielding gloved hand.

Jesus, what happened in here :lol I go a day without checking this thread, come back and see a couple new pages and think people might be getting this and posting pics and find a ****show. Obviously a novice . . . everybody knows you can't base opinions on protos and that photography.

I'm really hoping the 22nd ends up being the actual ship date and I see this on or before my birthday on 28th. That'd be swell.

I’m trying to decide if I should opt for some kind of quicker shipping. I go away on the 29th, so it’s otherwise waiting for me when I get back a week later.

It’s tricky at first..like the others it gets easier

c6ced1b3a728f51eaa655f68823f8337.jpg

It’s tricky at first..like the others it gets easier

Well I only plan on changing it once. Once I receive the figure, I plan on just putting in the LED saber wielding gloved arm and leaving it like that. Is it tricky to do at all?

Not sure why they included so few gloved hands. Probably my main complaint with the figure.

Same here.

Only thing i heard about changing the forearm, was that the first couple times you do it is very tight, but loosens up and gets easier after a few swaps.

That's not what happened.
I asked for opinions on features on the head sculpt which I critized.
Instead of "I think the sculpt is ok" or "I see no probem on it" or "I agree those parameters are not ok on the head" I was derided.
I answered.
Now I even get lies from that little pixletwin liar.
m.

I'm so lost what's happening here. Someone posts a dissertation on why they don't like the figure. The past sentence in the post is "so what do you guys think?"

Most people think the author is being hyper-critical of what amounts to nothing more than a (very expensive) toy and advise he/she probably shouldn't buy it, seeing that many issues, yet author is mad and insulting at folks giving out the opinion that was asked for. Seems...um...logical?

I don't insult unless insulted first. Since there seem to be people around here always ready to ridiculize those of us who are not worshippers, I have had to respond. I don't allow being derided without answering derision.

As I said in my initial post, which was that "something tangible" I had to say, there was a whole lot to like about Luke's head sculpt. If you guys skipped parts of my post, you should read it again and apologize.

Allow me to find comically critical other people's comically critics they throw at me: it is my right.

Hivemind thinking, and suppression of dissenters and freethinkers, was the least I expected from people in these forums.

m.

^ Pretty much nailed it perfectly.

Especially the reaction to insult each and every person who responded to the request on your opinion. At least I guess it's an attempt to insult. Posting jpegs and memes are just a waste of time when one has nothing tangible to say. Folks read your scientific study on why not to enjoy the Luke ROTJ figure and found it comically critical. So again, yeah, just don't buy it and be happy. Most of us will buy it and will enjoy it.

I received mine this week. They've learnt from StarLord Vol 2 and have put neck protection on him. Looks a bit like a priest out of the box. So neck staining isn't an issue. As Pixel said it was lint or residue or something easily removed.

Otherwise nothing which I could see which was an issue.

Ok guys. It wasn’t asguardian boy who was temp-banned on March 7 and had a whole bunch of his crazy posts deleted from the toy anxiety thread because he was mad at me for getting a belt he wanted. Nope. I’m a liar.

Oh, and we should all reread his posts and apologize to him. :lol

Oops. I swore not to feed the troll. :panic:

I am afraid that's false. :)

If what you said was true, I would remember the terrible fight you mentioned, and I guess I would had been somehow notified of my banning and the removal of my messages. And regarding that, I can only guess, since that never happened to me: I remember neither the fight (on a thread were the only things I have EVER posted are questions about some figure being parted out or not) nor the notification. I have never fought over a belt on that thread, of that I am sure.

Well well well.
Since you clearly are the voice of reason and bigotr... I mean authority here, and also the one who is making the accusation, you have to deal now with the burden of proof: you must stop talking and start proving by going to the TA thread on that particular date you remember so "well", and find any trace that might even remotely remind of our fight, or even talking about that belt. Then post it here. I am sure that will take you no time, since you are so sure of all the details of such a serious accusation. I am also sure not everything was deleted, right? I am sure that before I went mad, there were some regular comments on some belt that got sold, right? And I would sure be involved, right?
Come on. Debunk me. I am here. ;-)

As I have just said, I demand proof of your accusation, or an immediate apology. Otherwise, you will be dishonoured as, yeap, a mere liar (which is a form of troll btw).

m.

Ok guys. It wasn’t asguardian boy who was temp-banned on March 7 and had a whole bunch of his crazy posts deleted from the toy anxiety thread because he was mad at me for getting a belt he wanted. Nope. I’m a liar.

Oh, and we should all reread his posts and apologize to him. :lol

Oops. I swore not to feed the troll. :panic:

Back