Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they just mean you can change parts with the the upcoming Endor Luke.

So you can choose which head you want helmet or hair on.

Obviously this will involve the Endor Luke somehow. If it is an accessories pack and not a separate figure , I will sing HT’s praises. But I am skeptical. I still think Endor Luke will be an entirely complete figure.

This is interesting [emoji848]
67810e2832bd77d2a491b666e1239125.jpg

Obviously this will involve the Endor Luke somehow. If it is an accessories pack and not a separate figure , I will sing HT’s praises. But I am skeptical. I still think Endor Luke will be an entirely complete figure.

That would be awesome on HT part if they did an accessory set! Not too far out of the realm since they did the Iron Man one. Also, I don't think HT has ever advertised before that an existing figure will work with parts from an up coming figure? Other than Hulkbuster with the MK43 fitting inside of course.

Agree that it’s unlikely. If it was an accessory pack they would have just gone the standard vs deluxe route for this figure. I’d guess summer toy fair exclusive figure.

So, Luke does come with a protective film around his neck, but it is visible when on display, so I removed it. I haven't had any issues with die transfer to the neck. There is a very small gap between his collar and his neck, so I will just be cautious when moving his head and try and maintain the gap when on display. I tried putting the dx hair on him, and it didn't seem to fit, but being cautious, I didn't try to force it. Bottom line, this is the best Luke figure to date. Do not hesitate in adding this to your collection.

There is a way to fix that by soaking the clothes in water to get rid of the dye in the clothing. That is one method if you are willing to get the clothes wet.

won't soaking the almost all black clothes to remove excess die lead to staining the white inner flap of the shirt as they soak together?

So, Luke does come with a protective film around his neck, but it is visible when on display, so I removed it. I haven't had any issues with die transfer to the neck. There is a very small gap between his collar and his neck, so I will just be cautious when moving his head and try and maintain the gap when on display. I tried putting the dx hair on him, and it didn't seem to fit, but being cautious, I didn't try to force it. Bottom line, this is the best Luke figure to date. Do not hesitate in adding this to your collection.

Do you have the ANH hair piece by any chance? Curious if that would fit but this head looks a little bit wider/larger.

Have you tried to strp it down to see if the fat suit can be adjusted. What will happen if you remove his boots and try to futz with the pants so it doesn’t seem as buncy around the waist

Watching Dean’s video again guys I noticed something . He popped the head completely off twice before he started to notice the stains . and in this time he spun the head around 360 degrees to sample the articulation for the viewers , and each time he showed the back I noticed the back part of the collar was pushed in slightly to where the neck is supposed to connect. And then we saw the stains on the neck . Now in my experience with numerous 1/6 clothed figures with tight collars I have noticed if you don’t fix the back collar when you pop off the head and reattach the head to the ball joint , the front part tends to rub against the neck ever so slightly because it is misaligned and when we try to snap the head neck piece back into place , more than likely we are pushing down using gravity and the tension is rubbing the neck against the top of the collar because the back of the collar is not raised right leaving a gap between the collar and the neck of the figure .

What could happen is from that point every motion he did as he said with moving the head in a pose could push the back of the collar ever so slightly lower into the neck area and in turn raising the front of the collar to rub against the neck of the figure. :lecture

So maybe before pushing the neck back into the ball joint, if he raised the back of the collar to line up with the front and held or stretched the back collar in place and then snapped the head into the ball joint , there would be enough of a gap that it won’t rub against the neck :lecture

Took some pics

Last edited:
Just curious...with all the talk of the dye staining the figures....is there worry that cleaning the dye off the figure itself will damage the figure? It seems in the video the stains came off rather easily with just water, and those magic sponges seem to be able to clean anything...so never having to deal with this yet, just got me wondering.

I also thought maybe a quick soak in water for the hooded robe might help the cause as well, as long as it wouldn't mess it up or anything when it dries again.

Just curious...with all the talk of the dye staining the figures....is there worry that cleaning the dye off the figure itself will damage the figure? It seems in the video the stains came off rather easily with just water, and those magic sponges seem to be able to clean anything...so never having to deal with this yet, just got me wondering.

I also thought maybe a quick soak in water for the hooded robe might help the cause as well, as long as it wouldn't mess it up or anything when it dries again.

I completely soaked my Obi-Wan robe in warm water to get some of the wrinkles out, and even ironed and steamed it too. Drying it on a paper towel some of the brown definitely came out, and I know people had some issue of the robe staining Obi-Wan's hands, so I imagine the hood could also potentially stain the top of his head too.

People soak these robes all the time in order to get them to drape better so I don't think there's much concern about that in and of itself, should help get some of the excess dye out.

I think most magic sponges have bleach imbeded in them, lest that is what i assumed.

Typically you want to start with the lest abrasive/toxic thing you can, water being a great solvent, but it is not overly acidic or caustic. vinegar, bleach, acetone etc are all stronger cleaners that can damage various surfaces, but will remove stuff. Why testing a hidden area is recommended before you break out the bleach or acetone before you start scrubbing on something.

Always start with water and if that fails then you go onto stronger acids and bases.

I completely soaked my Obi-Wan robe in warm water to get some of the wrinkles out, and even ironed and steamed it too. Drying it on a paper towel some of the brown definitely came out, and I know people had some issue of the robe staining Obi-Wan's hands, so I imagine the hood could also potentially stain the top of his head too.

People soak these robes all the time in order to get them to drape better so I don't think there's much concern about that in and of itself, should help get some of the excess dye out.

Completely soaked all the clothing on HT Kylo Renn to flatten the suit out back when it came out To this day no deteriorations and no stains

:exactly: An accessory pack would be awesome...but yep I too think it will be a different figure.

Ive been looking at the face in bright pictures, and it doesnt look bad. The open mouth is what bothers me though, but Ive noticed that throughout Jedi Luke does have his mouth open.

The clothes staining stuff, is disappointing though. These collectibles are expensive (at least for me they are), and people shouldnt have to be running "maintenance" on them.

Thank you for the replies on my robe/cape questions. I'm learning something new here daily so def appreciate it.

As it stands, my Anakin is arriving Wednesday, and June 5 is my final Luke payment. I think I'll give both robes a soak based on the info above.

Update on Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker. My neck has been directly touching the collar for 2 days straight and is perfect no bleeding dye. The collar actually has a protective layer so the neck is not touching the actual fabric it's kind of sticky so maybe this is what was on Deans neck? I really doubt it was dye as in my experience if it was dye no matter how long it was on the sculpt for the dye would not be possible to remove 100% at all.
d85c8498a7046c960b7664a3aaae0ed2.jpg
c9f923410aa56ab387b4d69612cf9fd2.jpg
f1f731862efed14f54503f63b8c5f3fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back