Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a bit better in those shots. Suit is still weird, though. Almost looks like that cold weather neoprene(?) type of material

I would have preferred this head/face sculpt for the HT figure, than what was made...
jedii sculpt.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I might describe him as more barrel-chested than fat. Reminds me of the old 90’s Power of the Force figures of Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if we're going to have a staining situation with the robe on this one?

Also, seems a bit of an odd colour they've gone with on the robe, too, but at least the material looks like it will drape reasonably well.

Sure, I have nitpicks (the lack of gloved hand options, and the chest padding being chief amongst them) but I'm still really looking forward to this one.

There is a fat suit but I think removing it would make the top baggy, I really think it looks great with it on.
5962ec30a4f346b5f8df33bb07161f63.jpg
566a39a93a4769626cca8f8f349d18c6.jpg
d2db5bc1c2712126ed297c2e965d3271.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@ren, is the suit a one piece? Is the fat suit all around the top like Captain America stealth or is it just around the waist

How low does the flap go down

@ren, is the suit a one piece? Is the fat suit all around the top like Captain America stealth or is it just around the waist

How low does the flap go down
Nah its a top and trousers, fat suit goes all around the torso not sure about groin but probably is and the flap only folds in the corner like promo pics no further.

There is a fat suit but I think removing it would make the top baggy, I really think it looks great with it on.

Great pics, thanks for showing. Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good, especially with the arms holding the saber across his body.
I feel better about my order. Have to remember to disregard blogger pics on all future releases.

Nah its a top and trousers, fat suit goes all around the torso not sure about groin but probably is and the flap only folds in the corner like promo pics no further.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I really was thinking it's a "onesie" it'll be really difficult to remove if we want to do surgery on the fat suit.

However looking at that one side-on shot he doesn't look too fat. Must be just the camera shots.

Does the stitching look bad on that front piece ? And is the black material like a thermal sweater or more like shirt material ?

I'll probably be displaying him with vest anyway to cover that all up.

Will still probably try to shrink the top a bit to make those sleeves a bit more tight fitting.

0e9d2cb5ef922baadd75a4190f88c111.jpg

Ah Ha! That’s great, now I know I can strip it some what and refit the suit..good news right? Does the fat suit restrict any of the torso movement

Awesome, thanks for the info. I really was thinking it's a "onesie" it'll be really difficult to remove if we want to do surgery on the fat suit.

However looking at that one side-on shot he doesn't look too fat. Must be just the camera shots.

Does the stitching look bad on that front piece ? And is the black material like a thermal sweater or more like shirt material ?

I'll probably be displaying him with vest anyway to cover that all up.

Will still probably try to shrink the top a bit to make those sleeves a bit more tight fitting.

View attachment 409359
The material is more like a good quality t shirt, it's similar to tarkin but really soft, the stitching is great all over. I think the square flap bit makes him look boxey and fat in some photos but it's really not.

I was never very bothered by the open mouth on this, but it does appear that with typical overhead lighting that it's not nearly as noticeable anyway. Kinda like the mouth guard issue with Rey I guess.

The material is more like a good quality t shirt, it's similar to tarkin but really soft, the stitching is great all over. I think the square flap bit makes him look boxey and fat in some photos but it's really not.

So can you strip it down and refit the suit

How does the flap stay down? Does it have a wire or a magnet? Just wondering about the longevity of being able to switch back and forth from flap open to closed.

Back