Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are not rumors. Disney will not okay a figure of Slave Leia. So Hot Toys will not make it. Period.

But there are plenty of variations of Leia to make instead.

Probably won’t see a Slave Leia but I expect a Hutt Slayer Leia sooner or later.

This is happening:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-princess-leia-figurine-royal-selangor-903013/

Really interesting catch, earthdog. One of the issues with proving or disproving the "rumor" about Disney and Slave Leia is that other than in 1/6, at the time Disney bought Star Wars, Slave Leia had fairly recently - within a year or two - been released in pretty much every format (a couple of 4" figs, 6" fig, various statues, even Funko-type figures and Bobble heads) so the absence of Slave Leia figs didn't mean much because it had all been done. This fact seemed to suggest to some that the rumor was true.

But here is a link to a Slave Leia collectible that earthdog mentioned... that was announced in June THIS YEAR, and is available directly from an OFFICIAL Disney Store (UK):

https://www.disneystore.co.uk/royal...tar-wars-return-of-the-jedi-409015211607.html

To me that 100% proves what many other forums and media outlets could never seem to clarify: that it WAS just a rumor and Disney (who - VERY significantly - never officially confirmed or denied the rumor) never did "ban" Slave Leia collectibles.

False.jpg

Maybe hot toys split up the ROTJ releases simply because Luke uses two different lightsabers in the Jabba and Endor scenes. The regular ROTJ version has the hero lightsaber while it looks like the Endor version has Luke's v3 shared stunt. Perhaps HT didn't want to include two different electronic lightsaber arms. Maybe HT believes that this is what differentiates the ROTJ Luke from the ESB Luke and ANH Luke. There are already numerous lightsaber options for regular ROTJ Luke, and HT may believe that adding the additional working lightsaber would be excessive and costly in addition to the different headsculpt, helmet and parka from Endor. Considering that HT gave us loaded versions of Bespin and ANH Luke, I'm sure they seriously considered bundling as much as possible into ROTJ Luke.

I know I'm in the extreme minority with this, but I personally think an Endor Luke does warrant an entirely separate figure.

I mean really, how many completely different looks can you possibly have for just one figure (one body), before you eventually just settle on a particular look and the separate outfits are merely collecting dust? Is anyone really going to be constantly switching back and forth between the cloak at Jabba's Palace, tunic on Jabba's sail barge, Endor gear, and DS final duel?

For all intents and purposes, this figure is already almost similar to a DX release in terms of what you get, in my opinion. You essentially get three different display outfits, which in my opinion is more than enough options for one figure. With the DX07, you at least got two separate complete figures; it'd be comparable to that including only one body but still including the BD fatigues and its accessories, along with all the three different display base options and maybe even throw in the backpack he had on Dagobah that carried Yoda, but you only have one figure to work with.

Had they done a separate figure release simply for his DS look and the tunic on Jabba's sail barge look, I think that would have been a big time stiff. However, choosing between this version and the Endor version seems pretty fair to me.

With this one, you can acheive: DS look, tunic, cloak. With the Endor one, you can acheive: Endor look, DS look.

Pick one.

I don't need the Endor outfit, nor would I want to pay extra for a second body--but I understand that others have different expectations.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It’s possible that the hair piece wouldn’t have looked great if it the head was designed for the helmet as well. But they did a decent job of that with Jyn so who knows.

Maybe hot toys split up the ROTJ releases simply because Luke uses two different lightsabers in the Jabba and Endor scenes. The regular ROTJ version has the hero lightsaber while it looks like the Endor version has Luke's v3 shared stunt. Perhaps HT didn't want to include two different electronic lightsaber arms. Maybe HT believes that this is what differentiates the ROTJ Luke from the ESB Luke and ANH Luke. There are already numerous lightsaber options for regular ROTJ Luke, and HT may believe that adding the additional working lightsaber would be excessive and costly in addition to the different headsculpt, helmet and parka from Endor. Considering that HT gave us loaded versions of Bespin and ANH Luke, I'm sure they seriously considered bundling as much as possible into ROTJ Luke.

I don't know, I would bet most people literally have no idea even more than 1 lightsaber was used in RotJ.

Well the point is that Hot Toys recognized the difference, and they realized that super hard core SW geeks know also.

I don't know, I would bet most people literally have no idea even more than 1 lightsaber was used in RotJ.

I wish though that HT gave ANH Luke the correct lightsaber hilt. He has the ESB hilt instead of the correct ANH design.

Since I’ve always liked the Endor scenes in ROTJ, I would consider getting the Endor version. I already have this one on PO, but having the Endor poncho, hat, and head sculpt would look different enough on display.

To me I'd rather just get two versions because normally figures that come with a bunch of extras the extra pieces wind up in the box forever. I rarely change up entire outfits on figures that have that option. Just because its kind of a pain doing so.

I wish though that HT gave ANH Luke the correct lightsaber hilt. He has the ESB hilt instead of the correct ANH design.

This bothered me too.

That's why the light saber hilts have stayed in the box of my two ANH Luke Skywalkers... until I received my TFA Luke Skywalker. :wink1:

I have one Hot Toys ANH Luke dressed as a moisture farmer and the other with the Stormtrooper belt and blaster... both without the error hilt.

Same here. However, still too minor of a detail in my opinion to preclude me from posing him with it. I still have mine in the pose when Obi-Wan first presented him with the saber and he was waving it around.

I figure that pose goes well with the other OT Luke figures for displaying his evolution in the OT: receiving his first lightsaber - Rebel Alliance Commander - Jedi.

This bothered me too.

That's why the light saber hilts have stayed in the box of my two ANH Luke Skywalkers... until I received my TFA Luke Skywalker. :wink1:

I have one Hot Toys ANH Luke dressed as a moisture farmer and the other with the Stormtrooper belt and blaster... both without the error hilt.

Haha, at least TFA Luke has just about the correct hilt with that one! I personally have my Luke with his lightsaber either in hand or on his belt at all times. It actually doesn’t bother me, but it’s a little detail that they could’ve and should’ve gotten right though. I’m into the lightsaber hilts too, so it’s a nice detail to see the correct hilt.

Reminds me of how some thought the hilt that came with RO Vader was incorrect, as you’d think he would’ve used his ANH saber in the movie. But the movie prop was actually pretty much the same design as ESB.

Same here. However, still too minor of a detail in my opinion to preclude me from posing him with it. I still have mine in the pose when Obi-Wan first presented him with the saber and he was waving it around.

I figure that pose goes well with the other OT Luke figures for displaying his evolution in the OT: receiving his first lightsaber - Rebel Alliance Commander - Jedi.

I’m the same in that it won’t stop me from using it with the figure. I had actually forgotten about it until now. Sounds like a good display you have/will have there! I switch my poses around every so often and that was one of the first poses I went for when I got the figure. Gonna go back to it again soon.

Well, my reasoning for not using the light saber hilts wasn't really because of the error.

My some of my favorite scenes from Star Wars features Luke wearing that Stormtrooper belt (the chasm swing with Leia and his infamous "Noooo!" when seeing Obi-Wan struck down) so posing it with him was a must. And I've always had a interest in those cut scenes of Luke as a moisture farmer that lead me to the second figure display.

I'm not that picky.

Well, my reasoning for not using the light saber hilts wasn't really because of the error.

My some of my favorite scenes from Star Wars features Luke wearing that Stormtrooper belt (the chasm swing with Leia and his infamous "Noooo!" when seeing Obi-Wan struck down) so posing it with him was a must. And I've always had a interest in those cut scenes of Luke as a moisture farmer that lead me to the second figure display.

I'm not that picky.

Both of those are cool looks for displaying. If only I could’ve gotten the Sideshow exclusive version with the Stormtrooper belt. I currently have Luke holding an E-11 blaster but with his regular belt.

I’ve done the moisture farmer getup once when I first got the figure. It’s a cool way to display him, and I’ll eventually try that out again.

I have enough rewards points now between Spooktacular and what I had before to get this figure at no charge except shipping later. Think I’ll be pre-ordering soon, stoked for the figure!

..urgh any update pics for Jedi Luke ? People seems crazy for TFA and TlJ old Luke out there.

Back