Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Displayed today at Tokyo Comicon:

F07B82D128834D27BE0F.jpeg

Thanks Quigon, underlit and it still looks good to me.

Seriously! What does Hot Toys think they're playing at? This figure is not much better than a Sideshow.

General consensus is that the lighting from below at this show is making many figures look different or worse than with normal lighting from above.

Lighting won't fix the lightsaber though :) probably just needs to be plugged in better. They have a lot of figures at this event, so might have been in a hurry during setup ???

Anyone think the crooked lightsaber is actually the "in motion" blade that is referred to in the figure's description, and shown in the promo pic below? I've been wondering what they mean by "in motion," and why there's two blades in the pic (one static, one "moving"). Does the damn thing actually move side to side in an automated way when placed in the hilt?

star-wars-luke-skywalker-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903109-22.jpg

Anyone think the crooked lightsaber is actually the "in motion" blade that is referred to in the figure's description, and shown in the promo pic below? I've been wondering what they mean by "in motion," and why there's two blades in the pic (one static, one "moving"). Does the damn thing actually move side to side in an automated way when placed in the hilt?

View attachment 380660

No it’s definitely not the in motion blade. It’s just the regular blade that is crooked or bent.

View attachment 380660

Nah its just the second green saber shown which looks like it's moving. Like they would do in a comic.

General consensus is that the lighting from below at this show is making many figures look different or worse than with normal lighting from above.

Lighting won't fix the lightsaber though :) probably just needs to be plugged in better. They have a lot of figures at this event, so might have been in a hurry during setup ???

Yep. As you already know, the JL Wonder Woman, Hela and TLJ Training Rey sculpts all look sketchy as well in photos from this show. The lighting at this show is not being too kind to figures in photos. I wouldn't start to panic, but you know how just one unflattering photo of a figure sets off a panic alarm on this site. :lol

Regarding the lightsaber blade, just plug it in better. Done. Nothing really to make a big deal of.

I feel like I have to buy this figure. Having lived my entire life as a Luke and having to hear "I am your father" one too many times, it only feels right to get as many Lukes as I can. I'm bummed I missed the snowspeeder, but I won't miss this.

View attachment 380660

It doesn't move. The motion blade is sculpted exactly how it is pictured there to give the illusion of a whooshing saber.

yeah, same here, looks pretty good.

I especially like the headsculpt and the top jumpsuit sleeves, the wrist pegs are well hidden.

Looks good except for the mouth. That just looks really weird

My primary complaint about Hot Toys / Sideshow figures is that for whatever reason - almost every single face they do has "slightly open mouth". Either do a closed mouth or at least some kind of actual expression.

I don't know about other figures but the slightly open mouth for Luke is fitting since Hamill spent a better part of the movie like that. The lighting in that pic makes it look a bit wonky but the promo shots are perfect.

Back