Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though 2006 is hardly "vintage" I must admit there's something nostalgic about seeing SSC's very first 12 inch SW figure (and the first high end figure I ever purchased) being revisited. Complete with SSC exclusive blaster.

star-wars-luke-skywalker-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903109-20.jpg

This is my first crack at the "Sideshow Exclusive" blaster, I was new to Sideshow and didn't understand the ordering process and missed the exclusive version, eventually I became a PPO master. I still fondly remember causing the server to catch fire during the ANH Obi-Wan PPO.

"I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your tat."

Sorry, been in the Tarkin thread!

SS Luke was my first high end figure too, so excited at the time about the costume and accessories, but he has had his day.

It's a great big box to keep around for nostalgia's sake alone, I have other SS figures (at the moment)

This Hot toy is such a huge upgrade and I got a good price, sold this and the emperor just before these announcements.

Looking forward to my replacements.

Once this is released we need a Medicom/Sideshow/Hot Toys comparison pic... just so we can, you know, mock.

Nitpicking? What ? Being critical of something is not allowed?

I guess we need to goose-step in line to the fanboy drumbeat?

Many people feel the sculpt is off a bit. I am one of them. There is nothing wrong with seeing inaccuracy or disappointment in a HT product. They have been damn near perfect on some recent works. Hamill is a tough sculpt to be sure, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't say what we feel about the expression or sculpt failings.

I have waited years for this one, being a bit disappointed in the failing of it is simply a reflection of all the waiting and hoping for a perfect HT product. Lord knows they had enough time to get things right. I pre ordered, but I have problems with the figure in areas, doesn't mean it's not a great effort......they just missed the perfection mark IMO.

It's a 8.5/10 to me......it's not Jack Sparrow or Nicholson Joker....ANH Leia....he'll even Dr Strange was a 9.5/10!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the either/or categories we put each other in of 'mocking critic' or 'cool-aid drinking fanboy'. Most of us are not as extremely one or another as we want to label each other, most of us are some combination of both.

I love the either/or categories we put each other in of 'mocking critic' or 'cool-aid drinking fanboy'. Most of us are not as extremely one or another as we want to label each other, most of us are some combination of both.

Can't we be a Kool-Aid drinking mocking Fanboy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly:

Either nitpick, or you're a sheep that loves anything HT puts out because it's HT. :lol

Back