Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is hard to find this figure acceptable after we've already gotten this in the market.

5737adbf-a194-41ac-b5dd-6b5ec0331820.jpg

This is no country for old sculpts...

lat-javier-bardem-2-la0004678393-20060619

It's not surprising people don't see Jedi Luke in this but to me the likeness is spot on. I also see a good likeness with ANH Han and Obi-wan. The one figure I can't see any likeness is ANH Luke. There's just nothing in that sculpt that looks like Mark Hamil.

The reveal of this figure far exceeded my expectations. The sculpt is perfection! Just like when I bought the Hot Toys ANH Vader recently; switching out the belt/chest box (and a little futzing), it became one of my most cherished figures. So far, this one too just blows me away. Coming from someone who is a perfectionist, an artist since I was 1 1/2 (in 1981) and the most OCD/nitpicky individual I know..I have credentials. So anyone that is complaining about the sculpt is either being sarcastic or challenged in some way. I also have a supernatural ability to see things that others can't lol. Is no one noticing that metallic bronze hair? Exactly the same as there other Luke. Other than the weird hair color - the head is phenomenal.

I'm on the fence about this one! The two close up shots of him holding the lit lightsaber are pretty damn accurate! However, from other angles I just don't see it at all.

I already have Bespin Luke, so I am not sure I can justify the purchase on this one!

I will say though that I think the likeness is more accurate than Old Man Luke.

I'm on the fence about this one! The two close up shots of him holding the lit lightsaber are pretty damn accurate! However, from other angles I just don't see it at all.

I already have Bespin Luke, so I am not sure I can justify the purchase on this one!

I will say though that I think the likeness is more accurate than Old Man Luke.

Yeah, it's an older figure and too scene specific, but I don't think this Luke Jedi sculpt betters the best 1/6 Luke so far - the battle damaged HT Bespin Luke.

We'll see another HT Bespin/Dagobah Luke after the Han Bespin reveal (which I assume we'll see this year) so it'll be interesting to see how HT's sculpting and paint has evolved in those years between.

Even though I have the Sideshow Luke Hoth, I'd love to see HT take a shot at that figure while they are in the ESB frame of mind with Yoda, Snowie and Leia Hoth.

5f2ed0d9b3a96f12202b6b03ade4274c.jpg

To show just how far we've come in a few short years.

This is definitely a figure I would buy multiples of so if HT came out with another one or an exclusive toy fair type version I would be on board with that as well.

Can never have enough Lukes.

I see absolutely no difference in the quality of these two, except maybe the eyebrows, but those were a lot better on the production piece anyway.
Bespin Luke was an awesome sculpt, awesome paint job and I love the pers on him. I don't think the quality of HT has changed all that much since then tbh.

But for the people who genuinely do think it's a good RotJ Hamill portrait, why would they say that it needs to be changed if they genuinely feel it looks good? Changed for you? :dunno

Well naturally everyone will look out for self interests, those unhappy with it will want it worked more, those happy with it would then divide if changes were made, with some liking it even more with the changes and others wanting it to go back to the way it was.

I have never taken issue with people expressing displeasure with how a piece turns out or wishing it would be tweaked so they could like it, but the one trend that runs rampant on this site, not saying specifically in this thread yet, just a trend in people, is, when a product does not meet their expectations, too many members will talk and act as if Hot Toys or whoever is making the product, is responsible for their happiness and act like they have been betrayed by their dearest friend to not give them the figure exactly how they'd like. That attitude pisses me off so bad, I hate entitlement, it's a disgusting behavior and unfortunately, the world breeds it more and more, I can't change the world but I sure will not allow my son to grow up like that.

The bottom line is, companies make products and we can like them enough to buy or not, we can dream of what could have been, we can hold out for the next effort in hopes of something more to our liking, but no one owes us anything.

Back