Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, J Scott Campbell made some casual comment to a friend on Facebook that he wasn't allowed to draw Slave Leia and the Internet blew up about it. He mentioned that a Slave Leia statue that was being developed by a major manufacturer was "killed". Disney has not confirmed anything.

Not entirely accurate either. Apparently, these are old products that were produced a while back in the Asian market. They aren't produced by Sideshow.

In any case, a Hot Toys Slave Leia seems very unlikely to happen.

Assuming no constraint from Disney they could easily reflect me the Wonder Woman body as a baseline. Head sculpt is already there. I hope they do. Will pay whatever necessary to compensate for the moral issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one thing i'm very impressed about is HT not fleecing collectors. i mean yes average pricing for these figures is high these days no question, but at least HT added quite a few accessories here considering the costume is very basic.

not like other 1/6 companies i know......

Considering the license and that even a low-cost, high end figure say from ThreeZero runs around $170-$180, and Sideshow is charging $230 for Maul, I think the price for Luke is comparitively reasonable in the market.

Considering the license and that even a low-cost, high end figure say from ThreeZero runs around $170-$180, and Sideshow is charging $230 for Maul, I think the price for Luke is comparitively reasonable in the market.

I agree. I see comments about HT's prices having gone up all the time, but if you look at their competitors it's not entirely unreasonable. They typically issue a higher quality product to many of their competitors, and they charge a premium for that quality. Yeah, it's true they also charge a premium for brand recognition, but that's business. And really, if you compare a Hot Toys figure today to one from 2008 the difference in quality is obvious, so it's not like you're not getting anything with the rising prices.

Not to suggest that Hot Toys is perfect, of course. Pricing on Rocket Raccoon, for example, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Obviously as consumers we want lower prices and as a business they want higher prices, and sometimes the discrepancy there is wider than it should be.

Looks good in those photos. The hair kind of does look like it's a removable hair piece. If so, I'm going to guess it's because it's going to have two different hair styles: regular (the one shown) and wind blown.

Regarding the hands, or lack of, I'm sure they will do tweaking between now and release.

I think the windblown look would require full ears which I'm not sure look designed to fit under the hair as is (just thinking how the Bespin Luke was done), so I'm not sure we can really expect that. My guess would be it's just to accommodate an Endor helmet for a future release.

i gave in and broke my batman only rule , pre ordered this and i will po the emperor and vader once they get announced too!

Good point about the ears. That'd be interesting though if their plan is to try and accommodate an Endor helmet in the future. Not sure why they would do that, as I would think they'd make that figure an entirely separate release that isn't necessarily intended to be compatible with this one parts wise.

Welcome to the dark side and the better franchise [emoji12]

haha thanks mate!!! im not sure about better ( im a batman nut bro,this has been with me ever since i was a lil kid watching the animated series ), thats subjective i think BUT the scene with all 3 ofd them (vader ,emperer and luke ) is just so iconic!! i want that in one of my detolfs one day!

Good point about the ears. That'd be interesting though if their plan is to try and accommodate an Endor helmet in the future. Not sure why they would do that, as I would think they'd make that figure an entirely separate release that isn't necessarily intended to be compatible with this one parts wise.

I would think they would re-use the entire DSII portion of this figure, make the hair removable, like Farmboy Luke was, and drop any of the Jabba's palace gear. Maybe when they decide to release that Leia and Han they'll have that as an exclusive or something.

and it definitely looks like the sculpt is a 2 piece. Hair wig and head.

Probably means that Hot Toys is planning a surprise: either another hair wig, or a helmeted Endor offering...

It also means it might be possible to turn into an ESB Luke by using the Bespin wig. Or if that doesn't work, I'm sure we'll see people making their own, the same way they modified the Bespin Luke into Jedi Luke.

I would think they would re-use the entire DSII portion of this figure, make the hair removable, like Farmboy Luke was, and drop any of the Jabba's palace gear. Maybe when they decide to release that Leia and Han they'll have that as an exclusive or something.

True.

Could he have the moveable eyes? (forget what abbreviation is)

They appear exactly the same in every pic, so I doubt it. :/

They'd advertise poseable eyes if he had it. The hair may not come off at all, they may just have designed the sculpt to attach hair separately from the head in production in order to achieve a certain look or set themselves up for other ROTJ Luke releases with the same face and just different hair.

The vest is a bit too short?

M5NK4kN.jpg

Back