Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Budget Stark's newest vid confirms the only gloved saber holding hand is the LED arm... no other hand. Kinda upsetting =/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BG_0VJoj6Y

There's so much time until this is released. Simply speaking from experience, they most recently added forearm rockets and the battle damaged chest armor to the Mk46 IM without ever mentioning that they'd be adding them. I'm sure (very hopeful at least) that if they hear enough feedback they'll be more than willing to add an additional gloved hand.

There's so much time until this is released. Simply speaking from experience, they most recently added forearm rockets and the battle damaged chest armor to the Mk46 IM without ever mentioning that they'd be adding them. I'm sure (very hopeful at least) that if they hear enough feedback they'll be more than willing to add an additional gloved hand.

:exactly: It's a prototype and a year away. They still have time to work on the details.

Budget Stark's newest vid confirms the only gloved saber holding hand is the LED arm... no other hand. Kinda upsetting =/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BG_0VJoj6Y

I'm not too worried about it. I really can't see HT essentially saying that if you want to have him posed with the gloved hand on the saber, you're forced to have to use the light up saber arm. Worst case scenario, you could probably just use a saber gripping hand from ANH Darth Vader. :lol

Conversely, as someone mentioned, what if you want to have him in a non gloved pose with both hands on the saber, and want to light it up? No light up arm without a glove, so you're SOL there too.

The hairpiece looks removeable - wonder if they'll add a sail barge flyaway hairpiece?

The trousers look incredible, perfectly straight, makes me think they gave them stirrups like the real ones had.

Even if they don't add more gloved hands, it's not as though black gloved HT hands are spectacularly difficult to find.

Even if they don't add more gloved hands, it's not as though black gloved HT hands are spectacularly difficult to find.

Impossible! Gonna start stocking up on them......corner the market now.

Removable hair would be a plus but my thinkimg is thats a dream , just like endor gear.

How may times has HT add things to a package after showing the pre order?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone noticed but in the product accessory shots Luke's lightsaber arm is inaccurately gripping the saber at its base, which would make him lefthanded. It should be gripped closer to the hilt of the weapon, where his left would be below it. Rewatched some footage last night and the only time he holds it in the left-handed position is when he reclaims (force-grabs) his saber from the the Emperor.
I noticed, too. And maybe it's too picky of me, but I don't like it.

Maybe the light up feature requires the hand to be placed lower on the hilt like that? I couldn't say.

What I do know is that it's going to drive me bonkers if I can only use the lighted saber with a one-handed grip. Again, probably picky of me, but I absolutely refuse to pose Luke with his left hand over top of his right.

If it's at all possible, I'd love to see Hot Toys rework that and get the gloved hand higher up on the hilt, closer to the emitter. I mean, they've got a year to figure it out! :)

Maybe the light up feature requires the hand to be placed lower on the hilt like that? I couldn't say.

What I do know is that it's going to drive me bonkers if I can only use the lighted saber with a one-handed grip. Again, probably picky of me, but I absolutely refuse to pose Luke with his left hand over top of his right.

If it's at all possible, I'd love to see Hot Toys rework that and get the gloved hand higher up on the hilt, closer to the emitter. I mean, they've got a year to figure it out! :)

Vader's hand is high up on his light up saber

look at the pics from Secret Base, the hand is high up on the hilt

look at the pics from Secret Base, the hand is high up on the hilt

It would drive me crazy too. I get picky when it comes to things like that. It would be like releasing a Han figure that only came with one gripping hand and it was a lefty. It just ain't accurate. But it's still a prototype... Hoping for a gloved hand too.
I think HT is just figuring out placement because they've shown it in different positions like promo pics and Budget Stark's vid... which looks much better :)

I'm sure they'll fix it/add more hands. HT does seem pretty good at listening to customer complaints (it seems). But if I'm spending that much money on a figure, I'm not going to use ANH Vader hands for example; it should include the necessary hands without resorting to secondary options. Since it's a pretty reasonable request I'm *relatively* confident HT will oblige.

I'm sure they'll fix it/add more hands. HT does seem pretty good at listening to customer complaints (it seems). But if I'm spending that much money on a figure, I'm not going to use ANH Vader hands for example; it should include the necessary hands without resorting to secondary options. Since it's a pretty reasonable request I'm *relatively* confident HT will oblige.

Agreed.

An ANH Vader gloved saber gripping hand though would be a worst case scenario to me. Shouldn't and probably won't have to come to that though.

Just PO'd ROTJ Luke, really happy with the way he looks & I'm sure HT will make some much needed changes before the figures released next year! Finally able to use my Sideshow rewards of $120 on something I really wanted!

I thought I read somewhere that Disney confirmed that nothing Slave Leia would ever be produced again (officially licensed).

I thought I read somewhere that Disney confirmed that nothing Slave Leia would ever be produced again (officially licensed).

Not correct. Sideshow just released a pewter statue of Slave Leia just a month or so ago.

His gloved light saber hand is in different positions on the light saber in the promo shots too.

Back