Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks amazing! Love how wires really allow for even more dynamic poses. Can?t wait for mine.

Anyone know where I might be able to get a custom padded vest made up like the one he wears in Shadows of the Empire?

Attachments

• AE9682A0-9481-47B0-9299-86A74B2672B4.jpeg
    AE9682A0-9481-47B0-9299-86A74B2672B4.jpeg
    670.2 KB · Views: 261
Happy new Year !!

Are you a Jedi? Yes I am
I cut down the hair and remodeled it. Dyed the vest with rit dye. Unfortunately it didn?t work for the cape. Had to dye it with acrylics- not so happy- will need to find another alternative for the cape.

More pics in the custom section

Last edited:
Happy new Year !!

Are you a Jedi? Yes I am
I cut down the hair and remodeled it. Dyed the vest with rit dye. Unfortunately it didn?t work for the cape. Had to dye it with acrylics- not so happy- will need to find another alternative for the cape.

More pics in the custom section

Looks incredible.

Wish I picked up one of the regular Luke's to compliment my DX when it was cheaper. Definitely regretting it now.

Anyone know where I might be able to get a custom padded vest made up like the one he wears in Shadows of the Empire?

Honestly, the closest mass produced one you are going to find is the Hoth Leia vest, but even that isn't entirely accurate to the picture.

I still don't get why his Mandalorian appearance was necessary for anyone to decide they finally need a Jedi Luke in their collection.

I always wanted a ROTJ Luke before his appearance in the show tho.

What most people doesn?t know is that he?s wearing a prequel type of tunic underneath and not his Jedi Knight attire. So stop inflating the prices as it?s the wrong costume!

Did a rewatch of the scene and can confirm that he's wearing a different costume.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It may not be the same costume on close study, but without an official indication of a Mando specific figure coming, people are going to want the closest thing they can get which is a Return of the Jedi figure.

Not so much the costume, but I just think it’s humorous how one cameo in the Mandalorian was the tipping point, but being the main protagonist in the three original films, not sold. :lol

Maybe it was the sour taste towards the character from Episode 8, trying to remember where that release fell in relation to the original release of this figure.

If it doesn't need to be exact, I would think some kind of GI Joe vest or tan army vest might work. Here's a basic example.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363018085124

Couple more options here (I just searched for vest)
https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/vietnam-usmc-green-combat-vest?_pos=28&_sid=3d703a400&_ss=r

https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/marine-raiders-od-green-vest?_pos=24&_sid=3d703a400&_ss=r

https://www.blackopstoys.com/produc...tan-utility-vest?_pos=48&_sid=3d703a400&_ss=r

Make sure to use one of their coupons if you order from them.

Last edited:
It may not be the same costume on close study, but without an official indication of a Mando specific figure coming, people are going to want the closest thing they can get which is a Return of the Jedi figure.

I'm actually pretty shocked we haven't seen a re-release with just the black vest and cape. It seems like a no-brainer for HT with very little R&D or effort.

I'm actually pretty shocked we haven't seen a re-release with just the black vest and cape. It seems like a no-brainer for HT with very little R&D or effort.

It's a different costume, I don't think they are allowed to release something that's not even true to the show.

A Mandalorian version with updated costume will come. It will have a new Grogu too. I wouldn't be surprised if they simultaneously re-released R2.

I always wanted a ROTJ Luke before his appearance in the show tho.

What most people doesn?t know is that he?s wearing a prequel type of tunic underneath and not his Jedi Knight attire. So stop inflating the prices as it?s the wrong costume!

I don?t think it?s that either but a combination of the two. If you take a look at his sleeves they are not the traditional tunic of a prequel Jedi knight with the flares at the end but a tight cuff similar to what his shirt was in ROTJ.

Incidentally his Jedi shirt is very similar to the black shirt he wore under his yellow jacket in the ceremony on Yavin IV minus the 70?s collar.
be0deff291b903b7e54a6e9f994cb04a.jpg

The vest he wore in ROTJ was a harken back to a Jedi tabard and obi but was more of a vest with an obi. The Mando costume, from what we can see if it, seems to be a combination of a Jedi tunic that folds over itself like a karate gi but with slim sleeves and tight cuffs like his old ROTJ shirt and a black tabard and obi like we saw in the prequels.
187a80c1de75df740e6d371ffbd9402c.jpg

5cfd85dde56b00a9a727940992d7c9ba.jpg

So it seems until we have further confirmation on what it is exactly he is wearing we don?t know for sure but I for one am excited to see if it truly is different and if they will make a Mano version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a rewatch of the scene and can confirm that he's wearing a different costume.

Great pic with good lighting by the way. Well spotted. On closer inspection it looks like he?s wearing a tight long sleeve shirt under his black tunic which also is closely tailored to the arms with the tabard/obi over top that is longer than his original vest in ROTJ.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back