Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic with good lighting by the way. Well spotted. On closer inspection it looks like he?s wearing a tight long sleeve shirt under his black tunic which also is closely tailored to the arms with the tabard/obi over top that is longer than his original vest in ROTJ.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome!

I believe he's wearing something similar to this underneath.

Sorry for the bad photoshop!

7507057373071.jpg

I would say that?s pretty close except his sleeves are not flared but closely tailored. Hard to tell what kind of collar he has too because his cloak is blocking it.

I still don't get why his Mandalorian appearance was necessary for anyone to decide they finally need a Jedi Luke in their collection.

For me, I just simply didnt have the cash to get him the first time around :lol

I thank my lucky stars there's a chance HT will release a figure of this ROTJ style Luke, because as a kid there was no greater scene in cinema to me than Luke kicking butt on that sail barge lol

Koska Reeves is the Mandalorian figure I'm looking for, but I'd consider another Luke, too... maybe...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I'm going to wait for Mando Luke...was considering Sideshow version but I think its only a matter of time before HTs announces this.

For me, I just simply didnt have the cash to get him the first time around :lol

I thank my lucky stars there's a chance HT will release a figure of this ROTJ style Luke, because as a kid there was no greater scene in cinema to me than Luke kicking butt on that sail barge lol

People seem to forget this, not everyone can afford to buy every figure.

Guys how reliable are Sideshow with their own brand figures...sideshow Luke say est release is February...how accurate is this likely to be?

People seem to forget this, not everyone can afford to buy every figure.

One of the benefits of the pre-order system on which this hobby operates is that, if you don't have the funds when a figure goes up for order, you have at least the 9-month (or longer) pre-order window to save up funds.

Now, if it isn't financially viable for you to spend $200+ on a figure at that time, then I get it.

But now you're in luck and that figure is re-released and you have another opportunity to save funds.

However, if you've had two opportunities and you can't seem to find room in your budget, I'd think that your financial situation is such that this hobby is not for you.

One of the benefits of the pre-order system on which this hobby operates is that, if you don't have the funds when a figure goes up for order, you have at least the 9-month (or longer) pre-order window to save up funds.

Now, if it isn't financially viable for you to spend $200+ on a figure at that time, then I get it.

But now you're in luck and that figure is re-released and you have another opportunity to save funds.

However, if you've had two opportunities and you can't seem to find room in your budget, I'd think that your financial situation is such that this hobby is not for you.

I never said me, I buy pretty much every figure that I want.

Just because people can't afford to buy every single figure that they want doesn't mean that they shouldn't bother collecting at all though. If someone can only afford a couple of figures a year then that doesn't mean they shouldn't bother at all versus someone that can buy 20.

You've got to be disciplined with what you get, we've been use to getting all the Hasbro 3.75" figures you wanted with all those aliens/droids and background characters.
It's hard to break that habit of then collecting at this scale when there's still so much available.

It doesn't help not knowing what's coming out, or something randomly announced when not expected. You've recently pre ordered "X" figure which you wouldn't have bothered if you have known "Y" figure was imminent.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I was finishing highschool in 2017 when he was first released, and at that age I couldn't justify dropping that much on a Hottoys figure. I used to try and save up for one a year, but now I'm in the place where I can justify buying a couple whenever they make a character that flights my fancy. So bring it on I say, certainly not a necessary release but it would work out well for me :lol

I still don't get why his Mandalorian appearance was necessary for anyone to decide they finally need a Jedi Luke in their collection.

Doesn?t understand collectors jumping on the latest hottest trend....LOL!

I kid. I kid....

HT has built a business on jumping on the latest trend .......half the figures they make now are variants of one kind or another....

I mean who really needs 18 Iron Men and 15 Spiderman, and 10 troopers?

Obsessive compulsive , trend buying nerds that who!

I kid. I kid....

HT has built a business on jumping on the latest trend .......half the figures they make now are variants of one kind or another....

How dare you accuse me of jumping on the latest trend!
Looks at collection of 10 Lukes.
40101e2c6407c759f0046300f67d7b13.jpg

I kid. I kid....

Not attempting to be confrontational at all, but I think you perhaps missed the point of his comment. I think he meant that as SW fans, it’s a little humorous that it took a cameo appearance for the ice to break for some people to finally decide they needed a Luke Skywalker figure in their collection; as if him being the main protagonist in the OT wasn’t convincing enough.

But yeah HT will capitalize on this because as you said, even those with a Luke Skywalker or Skywalkers in their collection will get this one because it’s the latest one.

Not attempting to be confrontational at all, but I think you perhaps missed the point of his comment. I think he meant that as SW fans, it?s a little humorous that it took a cameo appearance for the ice to break for some people to finally decide they needed a Luke Skywalker figure in their collection; as if him being the main protagonist in the OT wasn?t convincing enough.

But yeah HT will capitalize on this because as you said, even those with a Luke Skywalker or Skywalkers in their collection will get this one because it?s the latest one.

giphy.gif

Back