Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in the no fat suit removal camp as well. In many of the pics I’ve seen, I personally haven’t seen where it makes THAT much of a significant difference. Sure he’s slightly thinner, but as I said, it doesn’t seem to make a huge difference. And as others have mentioned, the clothing consequently tends to look a bit loose on him.

While I do wish he was slightly slimmer while still maintaining the tight fit of the clothing, I left my fat suit on. It personally doesn’t bug me.

Kept mine as is also. Didnt seem worth the possible damage/alterations needed for the suit, so it seemed pretty much great as is. I don't need my 1/6 figures to perfectly mirror 100% of the details of Mark Hamill's body at the time of ROTJ.

I removed the upper body of the fat suit for articulation reasons, it was extremely restrictive on the shoulders for me so I figured thin out the upper body and fix the shoulders at the same time.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree. No need to take the padded suit off. The figure looks great as is.

I’m in the no fat suit removal camp as well. In many of the pics I’ve seen, I personally haven’t seen where it makes THAT much of a significant difference. Sure he’s slightly thinner, but as I said, it doesn’t seem to make a huge difference. And as others have mentioned, the clothing consequently tends to look a bit loose on him.

While I do wish he was slightly slimmer while still maintaining the tight fit of the clothing, I left my fat suit on. It personally doesn’t bug me.

It only works if you take in the tunic a little too.
Otherwise, the suit stays mostly the same shape but now looks baggy.

d8776d003a6535575ceda56b703c17fc.jpg
8231070a18916a2a4f369d4cc264f082.jpg

Have to disagree sorry, fat suit removal is a must. He’s way to fat with it on.

Here’s mine with the fat suit completely removed and the top taken in a couple of mm on each side. Makes a huge difference imo.

Also I have no problem switching arms on mine but I guess each one is slightly different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that looks really really baggy on him now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It comes down to personal preferences I guess. I’m in the “leave the fatsuit, futz like hell” camp myself, but I get why some collectors do the mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I actually like the suit to be a bit baggier on him. When its skin tight, he looks too much like Peter Pan with a lightsaber. I thought about it and I think in going for fat suit removal when I get him. Baggier suit makes him look more physically fit and capable, if that makes any sense. Definitely more athletic, which I feel is a must for any Jedi.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back