Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get likeness is different for everyone, but in trying to capture the scene it doesn’t really seem like a comparison to me. The HT ones just looks a bid odd when it comes to the wind-swept hair. The “wigs” really hurts these Luke sculpts.

Slightly bummed I missed out on the Inigo sculpt but in truth I’m almost always going with museum poses so not sure it would fit that great in my collection.

7925d2830728bd125293f4ef7e35dbb9.jpg

I've learned in this hobby that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I also think these Inigo heads are terrible and way worse than stock HT, but if he likes them in his collection that is all that matters.

Agreed. I truly like the HT sculpts better. What seals the deal even more is after purchasing and painting a 3rd party sculpt, you basically just spent the entire cost of a figure on a head sculpt. Maybe if there was a better way to mass produce the customs (which im aware defies the whole logic of customs), it would be a little more attractive. But, at least for me, they are just not worth it.

Whether something is objectively (or subjectively) better and whether that improvement (incremental or substantial) is worth it are two different things, IMO.

I get likeness is different for everyone, but in trying to capture the scene it doesn’t really seem like a comparison to me. The HT ones just looks a bid odd when it comes to the wind-swept hair. The “wigs” really hurts these Luke sculpts.

Slightly bummed I missed out on the Inigo sculpt but in truth I’m almost always going with museum poses so not sure it would fit that great in my collection.

Nice comparison. HT have obviously gone for an idealised look. So ti can be used for multiple poses without oo much trouble and not looking out of place.

To me the custom one is too windswept. There is no other pose you could put it in. In any other pose or angle it looks out of place.

But each to their own. I must say I did have that poster in my bedroom as a kid, and initially thought I'd love to have that pose. But I don't know now ?

I agree with TonTon that it really just comes to what you’re going for. The HT Luke sculpt to me seems that it’s more meant to be a sculpt that you can get many poses out of, including the iconic windswept hair one, but if you know that’s the pose you want and the pose you’re always going to have the figure posed in, then the Inigo sculpt blows HT away for that particular scene to me because it’s sculpted to look exactly like that scene. However, for a museum pose, yeah, it’ll look a bit odd.

I kind of liken it to actual BD version figures, as opposed to figures that come with swap out BD parts so that way you have other options. The one that is specifically painted to look BD to me 95% of the time looks better than interchangeable BD parts.

Agreed. I truly like the HT sculpts better. What seals the deal even more is after purchasing and painting a 3rd party sculpt, you basically just spent the entire cost of a figure on a head sculpt. Maybe if there was a better way to mass produce the customs (which im aware defies the whole logic of customs), it would be a little more attractive. But, at least for me, they are just not worth it.

It's worth it to me since that single pose of Luke may be my favorite image of him, right up there staring at the twin sunset. But that's obviously up to each person and what they want for their collection.

Yesterday while I was opening various threads I kept getting an Avast pop-up warning to say that a connection had been aborted because it was infected with "URL:phishing".

It's happening again today in this thread, and the culprit is Scottjua's photo - which is the only one that's invisible to me due to Avast's intervention.

The URL is www. scottandtemphotography . com etc.

I have Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix running all the time on this site, and this is the first time I remember getting a warning.

Weird. Thanks for letting me know. I'll get my host on it

It was weird yesterday because I had no idea where it was coming from and it was hard to navigate the page as the pop-ups were appearing as fast as I could close them. Then today I noticed your name and the missing image, plus searching your posts shows the image address. So mystery solved!

I like them but those HT heads do have a slight Ben Shapiro meets Michael J Fox vibe.

The Napoleon Dynamite thing is kinda funny, but Jon Heder (beyond the hair, expression and glasses) is actually a pretty handsome guy who back then had a passing resemblance to MH.

The teeth on this just look wrong...

View attachment 463584

L-tooth Skywalker. Just a wall of porcelain on show there.

Good sculpt but the hair isn't there for me. Neck is a tad too long I think. But the effort is miles better than offerings by HT or Sideshow.

Here is my latest ROTJ luke headsculpt from Inigou, please follow my IG boyslovetoys_

Thank you

728b9e6a48e7d569b194ea481c4a0b95.jpg
279999078ad89a85d2a4cc43d7a74bb2.jpg
c37a731c7981be18b7c1383933a9b7ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if the neck is too long or the face is oddly sized, but the head looks sort of small in some of those pics. To each their own, of course, but that sculpt just isn't for me, especially what it would cost once purchased and custom painted. Luckily im not a 1/6 perfectionist, and I actually really like the HT Luke's. They arent perfect, but they work for me.

Back