Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with out the fat suit every thing looks to baggy on him i know i`ve tried it once where i removed the whole fat suit and then put the outfit back on him and was like nope looks like he lost so much wait everything looked droopy on him.

with out the fat suit every thing looks to baggy on him i know i`ve tried it once where i removed the whole fat suit and then put the outfit back on him and was like nope looks like he lost so much wait everything looked droopy on him.

Is there a happy medium then? I currently have mine with his Jedi robe on but I'm worried that will eventually stain the head sculpt

Is there a happy medium then? I currently have mine with his Jedi robe on but I'm worried that will eventually stain the head sculpt

Mine on the previous page has the suit removed from the waist up, I checked out the pants before putting things back on and found the pants looking too lose, but my main goal was to have the shoulders freed up for articulation. There's some wrinkling in the shirt but I don't think too much.

Mine on the previous page has the suit removed from the waist up, I checked out the pants before putting things back on and found the pants looking too lose, but my main goal was to have the shoulders freed up for articulation. There's some wrinkling in the shirt but I don't think too much.

that`s what i did with mine. and on my second luke i did the same thing just left the padding on the bottom to fill out the legs better.

Was removing the fat suit difficult? I'm still debating on removing mine.

It's pretty easy. Thanks to Jedijim posted this video on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfUMbxiOeqw

I did not remove the whole fat suit, only removed the waist and shoulders padding shown in this pic.

IMG_1278.jpg

That looks pretty good.

I removed the upper part as well, and left the legs. The shirt got a bit baggy but that’s ok, it wasn’t supposed to be skintight spandex in the original.

Thanks for sharing my video. I really hope it helps you guys. On my first HT Luke I removed just the extra padding from the shoulders, around the chest, and waist but also cut out the mid section of the suit. I left the upper part of the skin tight suit to help with keeping the joints disguised and left the padded suit on from the hips down.

My second one, which I show in the video, I removed the suit completely. I’ll take some pics when I get home tonight to compare the two. The real difference is comparing a stock full fat suit with removing it completely. I posted some comparison pics a while back and I’ll try to dig them up when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing my video. I really hope it helps you guys. On my first HT Luke I removed just the extra padding from the shoulders, around the chest, and waist but also cut out the mid section of the suit. I left the upper part of the skin tight suit to help with keeping the joints disguised and left the padded suit on from the hips down.

My second one, which I show in the video, I removed the suit completely. I’ll take some pics when I get home tonight to compare the two. The real difference is comparing a stock full fat suit with removing it completely. I posted some comparison pics a while back and I’ll try to dig them up when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the video. I'm curious to see the difference between both of your figures so I can decide which mod I will be doing. So far I like the look JYCH achieved when he removed the shoulder pads and the mid section but I also want to see pics with the entire fat suit removed

Here is what I got after 4 hours of modding. I took in his jacket in three lines on the back, cut the redundant filling from the inside and shortened the belt.
Also I highly recommend to extend his neck, the original neck is way too short.
Looks much better to me now:

Here is what I got after 4 hours of modding. I took in his jacket in three lines on the back, cut the redundant filling from the inside and shortened the belt.
Also I highly recommend to extend his neck, the original neck is way too short.
Looks much better to me now:

Wow! Your Luke looks amazing! How did you extend the neck?

I put SSC Luke deluxe outfit on. I think it looks almost prefect.
Here is the recipe:
-SSC outfit, HT body with modified fat suit.
-Extended the leg joint by a few mms

View attachment 446392

Yeah that actually looks pretty darn good. The outfit might be a bit more ripply than I'd prefer, but it does look better than the baggy HT one, and is tighter at the shoulders as well.

Back