Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did anybody ever try this figure with the main SS outfit? I know that was something everyone was wanting to do, but I don't think I've actually seen that yet...

Got it assembled today, preemptive apologies for the bad phone pictures.
9C6860FF-7EB1-4867-920F-4DD262F69BAC.jpeg
7372C7CD-2AF8-4306-B531-D2A1307C8482.jpg
SS shirt pants gloved hand
HTs belt boots head left hand light saber
This is on a heavily altered Big Chief War Doctor body

Everyone should be aware that Luke's sleeve is staining his hands at the wrist.:lecture I can't think of a way to prevent this, perhaps some tape on the inside of the cuff

yes they are but once you get those customs your collection will be even greater. i know i got lots of customs in my collection along with mas produced ones as well.

I guess that's why I usually just stick to what Hot Toys offers on the figures. Customs are just to expensive
yes they are but once you get those customs your collection will be even greater. i know i got lots of customs in my collection along with mas produced ones as well.
Customs can definitely get spendy. But certain characters I'm willing to go that extra mile for. I'll gladly sacrifice a potential HT purchase if it means I can get a top shelf sculpt/repaint with my money else where.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

oh yeah my main focus on my customs were the characters from jabba`s crew like skiff guards which i don`t think HT or SSC will get around to them any time soon.

The sculpt worked out at £95GBP and Mark charges a very reasonable £75GBP for the paint, so £170GBP all in.

Yes, it’s pricey, but it’s also AWESOME!!!

Yeah there is definitely no questioning the awesomeness of the head sculpt or paint job. How would I go about purchasing the sculpt and getting Mark to paint it for me?

It's true but one thing I've noticed in the past maybe 3 years or so is that it's very rare that a custom painted sculpt doesn't feel more like a very nice oil painting of someone vs HT's heads which look like a shrunken down version of a living person (like Tarkin.)

Also a bit of Mendelson's weak jawline and pinched mouth in there too.

I agree. Mostly its hair. Its very very very hard to get some portraits hair correct.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I have finally modified the fat suit, removed the foam padding from the shoulders and waist.
It looks a lot better but still bulky.
I’m thinking putting it into washing machine and dryer to shrink it down a bit.
Has anyone here tried it?

D71C66A1-7C46-421E-BA34-1C9B20817B99.jpg

I have finally modified the fat suit, removed the foam padding from the shoulders and waist.
It looks a lot better but still bulky.
I’m thinking putting it into washing machine and dryer to shrink it down a bit.
Has anyone here tried it?

View attachment 444727

Looks nice. What gloved right hand do u have on him there?

Obviously not a HT or even the SS deluxe Jedi Luke.

Back