Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you extend the neck?
I took the lower rubber collar off and extended it with a Milliput and painted after it got hard.

I used this shot as a reference.

star-wars-return-of-the-jedi.jpg

Here is what I got after 4 hours of modding. I took in his jacket in three lines on the back, cut the redundant filling from the inside and shortened the belt.
Also I highly recommend to extend his neck, the original neck is way too short.
Looks much better to me now:

That looks really nice. Great job.

group shot of my Luke collection! this is the Yunsil outfit with HT accessories. Also modded this great HT sculpt to work with the HT empire figure

Kw61jjC.jpg

Great shot, chilipep66! Do you have any close-ups of DX07 figure and hair with the ROTJ head? Curious as hell about this ROTJ sculpt on different figures.

I removed most of my fat suit underneath so I’ve removed the suit several times.
Remove the boots
Remove the head
Remove the hands
Remove the belt
Slide the pants off
Bend the knee to get the elastic strap keeping the shirt tucked in over the leg
Slide the shirt off over the head
Remove or modify fatsuit.
Reverse to put back on.

Just quoting this post to bring up the info in case anyone else needs it; I had to search to find instructions on how to remove the clothing since I decided to try and see what I could do with the fat suit.. Holy crap were those pants on tight. Hardest part was getting the waist band over the front of the thighs.

I'm not looking forward to putting this back on at all lol, I can't believe how tightly everything is tailored over the fat suit.

I also kind of decided I don't need the gimmick of the white fold to the shirt. Looking from a slight above angle I can see the white peaking out of that front piece and it makes the whole thing extra thick.

Thanks for reposting that duke. I also posted a video I uploaded to YouTube showing exactly how to remove everything. It’s several pages back but if you can’t find it I can post it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for reposting that duke. I also posted a video I uploaded to YouTube showing exactly how to remove everything. It’s several pages back but if you can’t find it I can post it again.

Thanks, got a video showing how to put the pants back on lol

I cannot get them over his ass, the waist band is so tight.

Update: They're almost over his ass, but now I have no idea how I'm going to get the shirt tucked in underneath if and when I get the pants up to where they need to be.

Late to the party but this figure is Awesome. If anyone is on the fence I would say grab it while you can, you're not going to be left with a figure you can't sell. The sculpt is amazing in hand and definitely looks better than in photos. I can finally retire the Dx07 head because this is better. As for my modifications I haven't done anything very complex - took off the outfit, removed the fatsuit, put the clothes back on. With the tunic I don't notice the baggies and I won't be posing him without it much. I don't put my figures in glass cases anyway I like posing the hell out of them on my desk.

I washed the cloak in case of paint loss and basically a gallon of purple dye came out!

Ive been thinking about buying rotj luke all weekened.So if I wash the clothes then the fabric wont stain the head ?
How do you guys wash his clothes so they dont get damaged ?
Thanks

Thanks, got a video showing how to put the pants back on lol

I cannot get them over his ass, the waist band is so tight.

Update: They're almost over his ass, but now I have no idea how I'm going to get the shirt tucked in underneath if and when I get the pants up to where they need to be.

They are quite the challenge. I just keep squeezing the legs together to make them the smallest possible circumference possible while wiggling them up. I swear it’s like helping my daughter with her jeggings.

Once you have the pants up you can use a toothpick or even the end of the lightsaber blade, careful not to bend it, to tuck the shirt into the pants.

They are quite the challenge. I just keep squeezing the legs together to make them the smallest possible circumference possible while wiggling them up. I swear it’s like helping my daughter with her jeggings.

Once you have the pants up you can use a toothpick or even the end of the lightsaber blade, careful not to bend it, to tuck the shirt into the pants.

Thanks! I'll give it another shot tonight.

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but has anyone put the last jedi glove on him? I'm curious to see how it fits / looks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back