1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does anyone have pictures of vol.1 starlord with vol.2 head sculpt and short jacket?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hmm, I have this old pic of that setup, except I had the masked sculpt on.

lkowA6fh.jpg

It fit, but that jacket was way too tight on the arms. I think the blue shirt is thicker than the one on the Vol. 2.

Oh wow. I just assumed that they would’ve used the same body. Interesting. Thanks for the info!

Oh wow. I just assumed that they would’ve used the same body. Interesting. Thanks for the info!

Pleasure... BTW I love that v1/v2 bash of Star-Lord you did. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing so its fun to actually see it realized to really know how it looks. I really like that mixed look.

I don't know where HT got the maroon pants from -- Star-Lord's pants look charcoal gray all the time (except for the red ravenger pants at the end of GOTG).

Pleasure... BTW I love that v1/v2 bash of Star-Lord you did. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing so its fun to actually see it realized to really know how it looks. I really like that mixed look.

I don't know where HT got the maroon pants from -- Star-Lord's pants look charcoal gray all the time (except for the red ravenger pants at the end of GOTG).

Thanks! If I ever find an extra pair of Star-Lord's brown pants for a decent price, I'd like to make the a permanent look for one of mine.

Me neither! I thought that I was the only one who thought the red pants were incorrect. :lol Grey would've looked so much better on the figure.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think people were so overwhelmed by the overall outfit and sculpt they failed to notice the color was way off on the pants. The maroon areas on the jacket should also be charcoal. I figured I'd just stain/dye those darker.

I didn't catch your first sentence, you left out a key word or two -- brown what?

Yeah, I think people were so overwhelmed by the overall outfit and sculpt they failed to notice the color was way off on the pants. The maroon areas on the jacket should also be charcoal. I figured I'd just stain/dye those darker.

I didn't catch your first sentence, you left out a key word or two -- brown what?

If you ever do decide to dye the jacket, do please show the results. It's not something I'm brave enough to try on my own.

Sometimes I type too fast and don't proofread. :lol I meant to write 'brown pants'. Being able to find the Vol.1 boots would be great too.

I'm trying to build a second Star lord using parts from the deluxe. I'm just really getting stuck on the pants choice. Can't get v1 or V2 anywhere in the UK so looking for near match.
Anyone got any clues to help me on something close to match at all ?.thanks as always all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hmm, I have this old pic of that setup, except I had the masked sculpt on.

lkowA6fh.jpg

It fit, but that jacket was way too tight on the arms. I think the blue shirt is thicker than the one on the Vol. 2.

Oh wow! I've been trying to find a pic of Vol. 1 with Vol.2 jacket...that looks awesome.

I've got Vol.1 Star-Lord and with a Yondu on pre-order, I think I'm gonna have to track down a short jacket!

When you say it was tight on the arms, are we talking too tight to pose?

Oh wow! I've been trying to find a pic of Vol. 1 with Vol.2 jacket...that looks awesome.

I've got Vol.1 Star-Lord and with a Yondu on pre-order, I think I'm gonna have to track down a short jacket!

When you say it was tight on the arms, are we talking too tight to pose?

I'd say it was definitely too tight to pose for any length of time. I was rather worried about the straps on the jacket's sleeves ripping. If I'm remembering correctly, I couldn't get his arms to raise without putting significant strain on the sleeves and quite possibly the shoulder area.

To remove the pants , first unzip the jacket. then you have undo the belt (duh :lol) People have reported this belt buckle doesn't close all the way. then just pop the feet off

Anyone have a problem with the belt buckle not closing? Mine came open and I am having a hard time unzipping the jacket to get access to the belt. I don't want to damage the zipper on the jacket.

Just got the Lord in, amazing fig. I also got the huge hickie on the neck. I think someone mentioned oxy stick? I'll have to go back and look. The Guardians are back!!!

20180707_194919.jpg

Yeah Google pimple treatment for stain removal. I did as someone else suggested and left the scarf on for a couple of months. Made sure it was held well against the hicky. It has sucked up some of it.

Back