1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have some good news for deluxe owners. I had some very minor staining on my neck (one hickey, so it wasn't really worth reporting here) and after using the scarf and long coat for a few weeks it seems to have been removed by the scarf, as I'm not seeing the spot anymore. Maybe try that set up for a few weeks or month and see if that does anything.

Hi TonTon, curious on this one, could I ask was the scarf on tight or just around the neck and draped ? I'm thinking of giving this a go over the next week or two, the stains on mine are very small and like I mentioned in my post earlier on I think I got off lightly , just two small marks one on each side for mine.

Just checked mine and it comes with the exclusive Gamora hickey too
b58c8d60de141ae457a6bb6e2517d887.jpg

Otherwise great figure, love it
4a335ce9d4268599d99c60e64be8b207.jpg

Hi TonTon, curious on this one, could I ask was the scarf on tight or just around the neck and draped ? I'm thinking of giving this a go over the next week or two, the stains on mine are very small and like I mentioned in my post earlier on I think I got off lightly , just two small marks one on each side for mine.

It was on tight enough around the neck since the long coat collar is pretty snug, and I had it pulled tight enough so it looked good. I’m pretty sure mine was somewhat similar to yours — maybe a bit less so, but it’s worth a shot if you got the deluxe. Worse that happens is it does nothing.

It was on tight enough around the neck since the long coat collar is pretty snug, and I had it pulled tight enough so it looked good. I’m pretty sure mine was somewhat similar to yours — maybe a bit less so, but it’s worth a shot if you got the deluxe. Worse that happens is it does nothing.

Thanks TonTon, will give it a try mate :wink1:

Have a look at the video I posted as well. It seems to be the method used by many of the years. I just need to get myself some clearasil if the scarf method doesn't work.

Thanks Hoody, my only concern about the Oxy10 method is, is it mainly for HT bodies that are rubber?, ie it draws the stain out from the rubber ? Star Lord's neck as you'll yourself know is painted isn't it so my worry is that it'll take the paint off along with the 'hicky'

No one believed me when I said Oxy 10 works? :lol

https://www.amazon.com/OXY-Maximum-Strength-Acne-Treatment/dp/B00D3Z3T20

316xHiryrDL.jpg

The oxy10 method works. I have done it on stains on my vts revenger head sculpt and it completely removed the stains. It was quite bad mind you. It takes months but patience can save you money and the figure will be good as new. If you need any tips on oxy10 let me know. If not what Motu said. He has great insight and info to help.

Yeah it should. And no worries. I figured you meant the A1 version.

Make sure you try just a little bit. And when your done whip it off with water so it doesn't sit on the plastic and degrade it (it would take hours or days to do any damage so don't worry about it damaging it, so long as you don't soak it and leave it. Lol)

My SL came in today and I’m so glad I decided to order this guy. I had originally cancelled my PO but then ended up using my $50 coupon for him. I lucked out hardcore as far as the neck stain issue. There is just the slightest little hint of red on one side but that’s it! So pumped to set this guy up and get in a good photo shoot.
b6b65bb65229a9b5123fc30a8a85ecac.jpg
5dfeed4c28e9832880a3716974142060.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although now that I’m looking there is a little bit of silver on his neck. Oh well, I’m not too worried about it!

My SL came in today and I’m so glad I decided to order this guy. I had originally cancelled my PO but then ended up using my $50 coupon for him. I lucked out hardcore as far as the neck stain issue. There is just the slightest little hint of red on one side but that’s it! So pumped to set this guy up and get in a good photo shoot.
b6b65bb65229a9b5123fc30a8a85ecac.jpg
5dfeed4c28e9832880a3716974142060.jpg

Congrats on getting a virgin Star-Lord! Although now that you mention the silver I kinda see it, but I'd much rather take that than a bright red mark.

Question: are the Star Lord hands hard to attach to his weapons? I've bought the first HT Rocket a while back, but I broke his weapon (the big gun), because it was real hard to attach it, couldn't get it in his fingers. Star Lord seems easier on videos?

Question: are the Star Lord hands hard to attach to his weapons? I've bought the first HT Rocket a while back, but I broke his weapon (the big gun), because it was real hard to attach it, couldn't get it in his fingers. Star Lord seems easier on videos?

Yea there's a set of gloved hands that are perfectly made for the blasters, very easy to just pop them in.

Back