1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, though, that's how Sideshow's been doing things for many, many years. I understand what you're saying? But you mentioned the burger, so I'll go with that analogy.

Around my neck of the woods, we have a fast food chain called Roy Rogers. Their "selling point" if you will (I don't get it personally) is that they have a "fixins" bar. They give you the burger at the counter, and you put on your toppings, ketchup, mustard, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. yourself.

Your argument is like walking into a Roy Rogers, and then when they hand you a burger, you tell them to put on the toppings for you. They say, "Sir, we don't do that," and you say, "That's not acceptable, I'm not putting the toppings on, I shouldn't have to do that."

They always have had the "fixins" bar, since I've been around anyways. If you go to Roy Rogers, you should know what you're getting into. If you don't like it, you can always go to McDonalds or Burger King.

Sideshow doesn't make their replacement policies a secret. I would venture many of us here on the boards have done this process at one time or another. By buying a figure you agree to their policies. It's not their fault you didn't do your research ahead of time and see that that's how it is. I believe the concept is called 'due diligence,' the idea that, while the seller has a level of responsibility for their product, the buyer should also do their homework first. If you don't like it, you can always go to BBTS, or a number of other sellers who might operate in a different way.

I DO think it sounds like they're making you jump through some really annoying hoops to get this resolved (don't know why a video would be necessary, for one), and I sympathize! But it sounds like they are trying to make it right in the end, and make sure you're happy, while still going by their established policies.

It said photos. I gave two when I submitted the request. Asking for more and a video is absurd.

But It magically was resolved when I said I was going to file a dispute with my credit card. Funny how that works.

Funny how you sound proud of the way the situation was resolved. The knee joint might very well be actually broken but you also might just have a knee that’s popped out of the socket (they’re designed to pop in and out), but you can’t be bothered to simply check.

Well this thread took a really weird turn.

Anyway, I’m just about to drop my $200 of RP on this guy, was just waiting to see if there were going to be any more “big” $2-$3 codes drop over the holidays. Oh and was waiting to see Last Jedi a second time to reaffirm that I need absolutely zero figures from it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny how you sound proud of the way the situation was resolved. The knee joint might very well be actually broken but you also might just have a knee that’s popped out of the socket (they’re designed to pop in and out), but you can’t be bothered to simply check.

My Hawkeye did that and i thought it was broken but i just pushed it back in. Most likely the problem with his and why they are asking for additional videos.

You can have a cracked ring around the ball joint and not know it and it breaks on the next change out. Happens a lot with these heads been collecting for 11 years with hot toys. Guarantee even
The collector wouldn’t have known about it or maybe he did 50/50. I’m more to think he would have known something. I don’t think the fire is that fragile. Yours is only one report next to a knee breaking.

Just want to post some pictures of my current pose:

489cb1be31a3e58cb817420a76990806.jpg

634fc5f0710e909532f950c353bdd241.jpg

34b82d109a841b6bd476770c377b210a.jpg

Nice Indy. Still waiting on mine.

I'd originally ordered the 1:1 scale baby Groot. But cancelled him. Seeing this pic (and the other in hand pics in that thread) really make me want the 1:1 Baby Groot again though.

The first version of Star Lord is one of the figures that got me back into 1:6 collecting. I liked a lot of things about that figure, but always had a difficult time finding the right pose for him, as well as highlighting his accessories at the same time. I was on the fence about getting Vol 2 Star Lord, as I really just want one figure of my favorites. This figure blows Volume one away in terms of detail and poseability, but I wish Hot Toys would have gotten even more conservative with the standard and deluxe versions. Standard version should have just come with the short coat and baby Groot, no rocket pack and no masked head; this was still a bit pricey for what I am getting, but the detailing is amazing

Thank you Hoody and Baggins! I really want the life size Baby Groot as well. I don’t know if I’ll be able to fit him in my budget though. But he looks great.

I got a shipping notification from Timewalker Toys, aren't they supposed to give a heads up a week or so out?

Hey guys, did any of you have a problem with starlord neck? Mine has some red paint on the side from the jacket. Was like that after I pulled him out of the box. Also, is the long jacket supposed to have bits of black paint all over? Like dots? I've noticed more on mine than any other

Hey guys, did any of you have a problem with starlord neck? Mine has some red paint on the side from the jacket. Was like that after I pulled him out of the box. Also, is the long jacket supposed to have bits of black paint all over? Like dots? I've noticed more on mine than any other

No way! I literally just hopped on here to post my initial reaction/issues/photos regarding this figure. It's crazy to see that you are having the red paint issue on his neck as well.

So basically I first wanted to say that this figure is damn impressive when you first unbox it, however like all figures I receive I always scrutinize them to ensure there are no defects or flaws. Unfortunately for me (and others as well) HT QC is still spotty, which is totally unacceptable given the high price tag we are paying for these figures.

Issue #1.) Like breakingdead when I flipped Star-Lord's collar over I couldn't help but notice that there is paint from the jacket rubbing off already. Day one and it's already staining!!! Unbelievable! That makes me weary for how this figure will hold up long-term if it's already "damaged" right out of the box on day one. :gah:

My question to all of you is if I should just accept it as is or jump through the hoops and try to get a replacement? Is it even worth it. Take a look at the photos and let me know your thoughts please. By the way, I'm not sure if my photos really convey the extent of the staining. It kinda comes off weak on the images, but it's way more evident in-person.

Normally my initial reaction would be to try and get a replacement, however after a bad, recent experience where my Daredevil replacement got lost in the mail and I am now Daredevil-less, I'm not sure if this is entirely worth the hassle. So any feedback you guys have would be super helpful in me making a decision on pulling the trigger for a replacement or not.

Issue #2.) The jet pack has a random black dot on it. I quickly looked at some other people's photos and didn't see it on theirs. Is this normal and part of the scuff paint application? Because the silver on the jet pack seems pretty clean throughout...

Once again, is this worth complaining and trying to get a replacement piece on? Is it worth the hassle?

Issue #3.) The swivel on his left leg is pretty loose. It's nothing major and definitely tolerable, but I noticed that the right leg swivel was not loose in comparison.

Issue #4/minor complaint.) This is my first figure which has different outfits as accessories (I got the deluxe version), so I was expecting the instructions manual to explain how to properly remove the short coat and put on the long coat, etc. Also, there's not mention of the articulation range that I'm used to seeing on other figures. There are no warnings not to extend beyond a certain degree or anything.

Overall, a super impressive figure, but with these flaws, paint staining right out of the box I gotta say I am a bit let down. Please take a look at the pics and let me know if I should try getting a replacement or not.

Also, sorry for the really long post.

Thanks!

20180107_190027 mark.jpg
20180107_185258 mark.jpg
20180107_182114 mark.jpg

If you bought this off Ebay I'd say don't bother with a replacement, its too risky. ( as you know with your Daredevil) I would just buy an extra body and Jet pack on ebay.

If you got this from Sideshow I doubt they will agree to replace the body. They wont consider that a defect. The Jetpack however might have a better chance.

I had an odd defect with my figure, on one of the Element guns, the bottom barrel does not have a hole, its just solid. Seems they forgot to drill it :slap

I'm with HDGuy84 - and I don't get people who attack HDGuy84 - such an indecent and demotivating thing to do, shame on you guys

We're in a hobby for fun, we should support one another

There's a universal concept called "Buyer's rights" - when you receive something defective, and if you don't want to deal with it, just return it, and get your money back, this simple ...

I'm with HDGuy84 - and I don't get people who attack HDGuy84 - such an indecent and demotivating thing to do, shame on you guys

We're in a hobby for fun, we should support one another

There's a universal concept called "Buyer's rights" - when you receive something defective, and if you don't want to deal with it, just return it, and get your money back, this simple ...

Thanks. Yeah, I think a lot of the members that jumped on me just have an elitist attitude. I'm not taking apart a near $300 item to fix an issue that should have never occurred.

Twisting analogies with anecdotal situations was just splitting hairs.

If you get a defective item regardless if it is $5 or $500 the paying customer shouldn't have to jump through hoops to correct a situation. If it was something small/easy then hey, that isn't a huge deal but taking something apart to correct an issue that was easily avoided (this was packed broken) is absurd.

To be clear my Knightmare Batman came with a broken rifle and my other figures with small issues. I don't feel that is warranted to address with Sideshow as hey, **** happens. But I submitted a few photos and they came back with wanting a video and more photos.

Turns out they haven't gotten their entire allotment in and cannot process a return- the guy on the phone said it will be a few weeks for the rest to come in.

I do not find it reasonable to get instructions on how to take apart a $275 toy to fix their issue instead of exchanging it.

Back