1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I scored a brand new Deluxe from a local seller recently and only paid slightly over what it would have cost me from SSC. I've opened up the box to give it a quick once over (no neck staining evident) and it's a lovely looking figure. Hoping to get him set up over the weekend.

I'd be up for a reissue of sorts, but I'd really prefer a true infinity war version. Not much would need updating aside from maybe the shirt underneath and bringing the rocket boot attachments back.

Yep -- I passed on this originally because HT showed the IW version (with rocket boots) at so many shows. I still hope that one's coming, but HT seems to be doing the reissue thing now, so who knows...

Hope we do get another shot at him. Maybe they’ll fix the staining issue..

Luckily the staining issue fixed itself. All you had to do was keep the scarf around his neck and the staining was removed. Mine arrived horribly stained to the point I almost returned it, but after a few weeks with the scarf on, the stains were gone. The main thing they would need to add is a protective layer around his neck while packaged.

Luckily the staining issue fixed itself. All you had to do was keep the scarf around his neck and the staining was removed. Mine arrived horribly stained to the point I almost returned it, but after a few weeks with the scarf on, the stains were gone. The main thing they would need to add is a protective layer around his neck while packaged.

Yep I can confirm that. The scarf treatment works great. My marks are totally gone now.

Honestly, it'd be a cool lazy SDCC exclusive for them to do. Infinity war version with rocket boots and different shirt. Maybe a few of those magnetic trap things he uses on iron man. Bonus points for a flight stand and some magnetic doctor strange mandalas for his feet. Boom infinity war star lord.

Win for everyone. Collectors dont have to throw a fit about reissue and people who missed out can still score a starlord. Hell I have the deluxe and I'd still buy it.

Since they re-released Thor and Mark 50, I'm hoping they re-label this IW and release again.

Oh hell yes! I would be down for a re-release. I returned the Vol. 2 one due to neck bleed issues...would love for them to re-release this and simply add plastic to the neck! :slap

Repose session along with deluxe jacket change. Great figure.

20190609_153258.jpg

Great pic as always Wolf.
Cop 2 Star Lord is one of the best figures in my collection and it’s just the standard edition. I was able to score the deluxe transforming helmet piece cheap, but still after months, no luck on a deal for his trench coat. One day. Patience.
A true Infinity War release would be great with different pants & Rocket boots.

Back