1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest the deluxe was a good value at retail price, but I wouldn't overpay for it or skip out on the standard over it. Most people don't even seem to use the transforming helmet and the long jacket while cool isn't really his "in action look". He's an awesome figure and for anyone that picks up the regular I don't think you'll regret it.

Since I already own the Vol 1 figure I just thought it made more sense to just go with the regular version for vol 2. Don't feel like I'm missing out on too much.

Since I already own the Vol 1 figure I just thought it made more sense to just go with the regular version for vol 2. Don't feel like I'm missing out on too much.

This makes the most sense.

I would definitely use the half-forming helmet if I had the deluxe. Not sure if I'd go long or short coat but I like having the option. I wouldn't use the jetpack.

But what I really want is his rocket boots back. That's why I'm waiting.

This makes the most sense.

I would definitely use the half-forming helmet if I had the deluxe. Not sure if I'd go long or short coat but I like having the option. I wouldn't use the jetpack.

But what I really want is his rocket boots back. That's why I'm waiting.

The bottom of the materializing helmet sculpt is gigantic. Like ridiculously disproportionate versus the regular helmet. Once I saw it, I couldn't see anything else.

The figure deserves to be displayed with the full unhelmeted portrait.

I don't think you'd be missing out on the deluxe that much. Plus you'd save some money for something else.

To be honest the deluxe was a good value at retail price, but I wouldn't overpay for it or skip out on the standard over it. Most people don't even seem to use the transforming helmet and the long jacket while cool isn't really his "in action look". He's an awesome figure and for anyone that picks up the regular I don't think you'll regret it.

I use the transformation helmet but you can pick it up on ebay for around $25. Its a great figure and if you can't get the deluxe I'd say unless you plan on displaying him with every single extra accessory the deluxe comes with vs standard then don't worry about it.

The bottom of the materializing helmet sculpt is gigantic. Like ridiculously disproportionate versus the regular helmet. Once I saw it, I couldn't see anything else.

The figure deserves to be displayed with the full unhelmeted portrait.

I don't think you'd be missing out on the deluxe that much. Plus you'd save some money for something else.

Yeah, I love that helmet in isolation but it looks very out of scale. I do use the long coat though. Only have Vol. 2 so the deluxe was still the way to go.

I'll have to see what picking up the half-helmet and long coat would be separately against the cost of the reg Star-Lord. Maybe not a bad idea.

Honestly, I like him in the short coat best too. Suits his personality better.

Honestly, I like him in the short coat best too. Suits his personality better.

For the Vol. 2 Star-Lord, I agree that the short jacket is the best look. The long coat is definitely nice, but the jacket looks awesome.

Happy for you guys, but due to the weather in my country I decided to skip this and got Baby Groot instead.

Don't want to spend so much on something that will flake eventually.

Back