1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really sure why people are ******** on the stock cape of the previous bats. It sits flush on his shoulders fine if you futz.

This cape you can see a seam at the edges because of the wiring.

Last edited:
Not really sure why people are ******** on the stock cape of the previous bats. It sits flush on his shoulders fine if you futz.

Because that stock cape sucks big time. A major letdown on otherwise fantastic figure. I can't wait for this one, looks so much better.

It's so they can justify overspending on a custom cape.

Because that stock cape sucks big time. A major letdown on otherwise fantastic figure. I can't wait for this one, looks so much better.

I think it's great, if you know how to deal with it. As soon as I get a good camera I will take a picture of it, and I guarantee people will see absolutely no problems with and and ask if it is a custom.

I think it's great, if you know how to deal with it. As soon as I get a good camera I will take a picture of it, and I guarantee people will see absolutely no problems with and and ask if it is a custom.

I had it. It's pain in the ass. That's a fact. And also a reason for various custom capes to even exist.

How common is it for a waitlist to be cancelled? Don't often see that. Especially this far out.

It's so they can justify overspending on a custom cape.
Many would say collecting luxury action figures is "overspending". It's a matter of what you want for your money.

Personally, I kept the Batman Returns stock cape because I was able to get a good drape out of it (with an extreme amount of futzing), but I got a custom armory Batman cape because I felt the stock cape was too thick for the scale, and that even my best drapes still looked a little unnatural.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Ah the old cape debate. I got a custom cape because I thought the stock cape felt cheap in comparison to the rest of the figure. It doesn't drape well over the shoulders, it's stiff, and it wasn't movie accurate. If you want to say I'm just reassuring myself, feel free to do so but there are numerous others who share my opinion as well.

The dynamic cape with the SS version is definitely an improvement but it's meant to be, "dynamic", so it doesn't lend itself well to museum poses IMO.

How common is it for a waitlist to be cancelled? Don't often see that. Especially this far out.

If you're referring to your WL being canceled for this figure, nowhere close to be canceled yet. There's still the possibility of people who won't be able to pay for the figure for whatever reason when it actually reaches SSC's warehouse.

Just got an email. My waitlist was cancelled on this guy. I managed to pic up a regular version from a fellow board member at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same here! :(

If you're referring to your WL being canceled for this figure, nowhere close to be canceled yet. There's still the possibility of people who won't be able to pay for the figure for whatever reason when it actually reaches SSC's warehouse.

It is surprising that waitlist cancellations are happening already.
I'm sorry to hear that, guys.
Good to know Schmo got the BvS version though.
Marwan, I hope you can find a decent deal on one.
SilverStar, "Oh it's true, it's damn true."
-Kurt Angle
https://media.giphy.com/media/zvjIZvyj6tf2M/200.gif

Last edited:
I didn't hesitate on this one when it went up for po- I have bvs and really wanted a second. This as a limited edition will do. Not sure about the wired cape though. Never really a fan of wired capes.

Don't mean to brag on getting in on the po - I miss more than I get in on being indecisive - mezco classic punisher and rogue one Vader are my current regret points

I immediately POed as well. I display by movie so I wanted a Batman to display with my SS figures.

I immediately PO'd too because my BvS Batman hadn't arrived from eBay yet. I may decide to sell this SS version. We shall see.

Back