1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Just looks like the lighting to me. I doubt they'd put the effort into making a different toned suit when they can just do the rebreather and call it a day.

As I said in my 2nd edit, they took the time to fix his low "boobs" so I think the changes are more than just adding the rebreather and cuffs. We'll find out soon enough.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

This is supposed to take place after BvS right? In the JL film he has a darker suit (it's all the Batman thread has been discussing :lol) this is most likely that suit, especially looking at the cowl.

Wouldn't this version be used before BvS since he's saving Harley?

Wouldn't this version be used before BvS since he's saving Harley?

yes it would

That's true, unless Batman has multiple cameos, flashbacks and current? I don't know really but if the suit is a darker shade that the BvS suit and while it's not the JL suit, it'll be a difference on display and that'll be enough for the biggest Batman fans to spring for this version. Maybe that is what HT is counting on?

That's true, unless Batman has multiple cameos, flashbacks and current? I don't know really but if the suit is a darker shade that the BvS suit and while it's not the JL suit, it'll be a difference on display and that'll be enough for the biggest Batman fans to spring for this version. Maybe that is what HT is counting on?

Ya and if the suit is slightly changed as well.

Anyone notice this? If you buy deadshot and you have the BVS Batman, it looks like you'll get the accessories to make him the rebreather version.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

i was wondering why HT make a normal and a special version for Him, Harley and the Joker :cuckoo:

if you looking on HT facebook you will see that they are doing it also with back to the future figures, maybe the new way from HT to sell a normal and special edition?

More variety is a good thing. Also, I notice over the past few years these "exclusive" sets are easier to find in different regions - previously it was the opposite. Even my LCS gets them, and that's a very small shop. Look forward to seeing what they do with the SS Bats!

I rather buy this rehash with two tiny new pieces than buy lame ass Smith to get those pieces.

I wonder if this is even a thing? Maybe that's just a BvS Bats with the breather on from Deadshot. I know we're seeing differences and overanalyzing but what if we're seeing things that aren't there?

I wonder if this is even a thing? Maybe that's just a BvS Bats with the breather on from Deadshot. I know we're seeing differences and overanalyzing but what if we're seeing things that aren't there?

i know for sure you are going to see it in the movie

You misunderstand. I don't doubt that Batman is in the film, we've all seen him in the trailers and behind the scenes. I'm questioning whether HT is making a specific Suicide Squad Batman figure or simply just accessories for the other which is yet to be released.

i think they are going to make Suicide Batman that you have seeing on comic con

Affleck/Wayne head sculpt! The only way anyone will differentiate between a stunt man/cgi Batman and Ben Affleck is if he takes the cowl off at some point. And that's where we will get Hot Toys "excuse" to make it and take our money :wink1:
The studio would not list Ben Affleck in the film credits (and have the director talk about his acting) without showing the guys face. Maybe his cowl gets damaged at some point - who knows - I would hope the need to prevent spoilers is the reason we haven't seen any real accessories with this variation.
Look at how much Will Smith is shown without his mask in the film, but that's probably more to do with his ego. :cuckoo:

Affleck/Wayne head sculpt! The only way anyone will differentiate between a stunt man/cgi Batman and Ben Affleck is if he takes the cowl off at some point. And that's where we will get Hot Toys "excuse" to make it and take our money :wink1:
The studio would not list Ben Affleck in the film credits (and have the director talk about his acting) without showing the guys face. Maybe his cowl gets damaged at some point - who knows - I would hope the need to prevent spoilers is the reason we haven't seen any real accessories with this variation.
Look at how much Will Smith is shown without his mask in the film, but that's probably more to do with his ego. :cuckoo:

Affleck is without the cowl on at one point, not saying the context but he was on set , and hes in the full on suit also.
On the subject of Will Smith without the mask on , well think about it, you have a major star, what do you do, hide him for the whole film or bank on his image and get more viewers. Its not a question of egos , its a question of what would bring in more casual viewers, the mask on or off.

damn, I guess there wont' be a ss bats with the breather acc being part of deadshot.

Affleck is without the cowl on at one point, not saying the context but he was on set , and hes in the full on suit also.
On the subject of Will Smith without the mask on , well think about it, you have a major star, what do you do, hide him for the whole film or bank on his image and get more viewers. Its not a question of egos , its a question of what would bring in more casual viewers, the mask on or off.

I agree with what you said about the studios wanting to draw people in. However, I think Smith is a bit like the last guy to do Robocop (don't know, or care what his name is - and funnily enough, he's also in this film) he defended criticisim of his constant unmasked appearance with the laughable reason: "you can't act in a mask." Which is BS as we know from so many great performers over the years. Of course, they were by great actors. So, anyway, I hope we get a different Batman from this film, or at least a Bruce Wayne sculpt.

Back