1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

im taking the BVS batman so this dude is a NO

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

So, is the rebreather going to be glued on and affixed to his face or is that a removable rebreather plate and it'll come with some Affleck mouth plates, batarangs and the grapple gun? If this is just Batman with the rebreather stuck to his face, I can't see anyone buying this over the BvS version. I mean I knew they'd make this, I called it months ago. But that will be silly if that thing is stuck on his face just to make a new version.

Rebreather, handcuffs < Sniper rifle, branding tool, grenade gun, Affleck faces
If they really want to move this guy, they will give him exclusive mouth options. As it stands, I assume he will have multiple mouths anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Can't imagine this thing NOT having a basic Affleck plate. Even in the clips Batman isn't wearing the breather in the clip, I think it's just to highlight the differences. Plus he "ruins date night" in this scene so it's possible there are accessories that aren't shown with him that somehow tie into the scene that they don't want spoiled.

it's possible there are accessories that aren't shown with him that somehow tie into the scene that they don't want spoiled.

Exactly, plus he also has scenes with Will Smith - and possibly scenes with some of the others - and there again he may use difference gadgets etc. I would even go further and add this; the only way the audience will know it's Ben under the mask and not a stunt man (which it is most of the time in action scenes) will be to show Ben's face. Why else would the studio bring him to the set? His chin's not that good. So, I think we will see an Affleck head sculpt with this set, which I look forward to (assuming I'm right). It also explains why Hot Toys didn't include one with the other figures, to encourage us to go for this one.
Of course, thankfully, we will know what scenes he's in very soon!

Plus he "ruins date night" in this scene so it's possible there are accessories that aren't shown with him that somehow tie into the scene that they don't want spoiled.

Nah, it's just the rebreather and cuffs for Harley. Then the grapple gun during a Deadshot scene.

I figure this one won't come with the branding tool, rifle (obviously), and kryptonite grenade launcher

If Rabu is passing on a batman figure, that's gotta tell you something.

Easy pass. I'm fine getting Armored and Regular suit BvS Batman and putting extra money aside for the JL Batman costumes (supposedly there's two different Batman costumes in JL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those that honestly think this won't have the standard mouth plates, RELAX. It most certainly will have them. It's the exact same figure from BvS, which is exactly why the staff members posed this version of batman with the rebreather. It's bad enough this will essentially be a re-issue of the BvS figure, can you imagine what everyone's reaction would be had they posed him without the accessory? Everyone will be saying "wow, what an extremely lazy release, where's the rebreather?"...meanwhile the rebreather is right next to him on the display stand, but usually people won't notice it because they're focused on looking at the figure and moving on.

I predict HT will include an Affleck sculpt to encourage those that have the first version to buy SS's release. If they don't, which won't be surprising, when sales of this batman take a hit, they can only blame themselves.

Those that honestly think this won't have the standard mouth plates, RELAX. It most certainly will have them. It's the exact same figure from BvS, which is exactly why the staff members posed this version of batman with the rebreather. It's bad enough this will essentially be a re-issue of the BvS figure, can you imagine what everyone's reaction would be had they posed him without the accessory? Everyone will be saying "wow, what an extremely lazy release, where's the rebreather?"...meanwhile the rebreather is right next to him on the display stand, but usually people won't notice it because they're focused on looking at the figure and moving on.

I predict HT will include an Affleck sculpt to encourage those that have the first version to buy SS's release. If they don't, which won't be surprising, when sales of this batman take a hit, they can only blame themselves.

I'm thinking you're correct with this being the version to include the Affleck headsculpt. It'd make sense why they have held back on including the sculpt with previous versions. I'm in for this one, but I really hope that they start updating the Bat-suit to different looks and variations in future films. I plan to have a Batman from every film he appeared in in my display, but even I have a line when they start releasing the same figure over and over with little to no change.

I said it first! :wave
:lol

Thanks you KOdzilla...

13709887_1003164613137816_6035381195214607478_n.jpg

Am I the only one seeing they used a darker shade of gray for the suit? He's almost all black.

edit:
His bat symbol no longer stands out against the gray. It almost blends in.

edit2: and they fixed his low pecs. bat symbol is raised a bit.
23641333850_a900644931_c.jpg

yes i see it also but i like the BVS version also, but black batman is also very cool

If the final products for both figures do end up looking very different in tone that could interesting. It's just a thought, but perhaps the darker looking SS suit is designed to simulate a wet look, without adding water droplets?

Just looks like the lighting to me. I doubt they'd put the effort into making a different toned suit when they can just do the rebreather and call it a day.

So cynical :wink1:

Can you blame me? :wink1:

:hi5:

If the final products for both figures do end up looking very different in tone that could interesting. It's just a thought, but perhaps the darker looking SS suit is designed to simulate a wet look, without adding water droplets?

This is supposed to take place after BvS right? In the JL film he has a darker suit (it's all the Batman thread has been discussing :lol) this is most likely that suit, especially looking at the cowl.

It's not the JL suit he uses in SS.

Back