1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your help Remy. And great pics btw.
I certainly prefer the grained leather finish. Is it real leather?
What I certainly do not prefer is the cap section going from shoulder to shoulder on Batman. Much better the complex folds tapering towards the center on the original cape. Way more complex and attractive. I dig it a lot.

I wonder if I could ask the Unreal Toys guys to do a variation for me... Anyway, I must first get the fig!
Last questions: what's "double sided" mean? are the wires on the unreal much better? is thicker wires necessarily better, when there are people around here removing wires from capes altogether? Is there any way to discuss things with the Unreal guys? What is the best way to contact them, besides FB? (I don't do FB)

Thanks,
m.

No prob man. glad to help.

I dont think its leather. but it definitely looks more leatherlike, and better material quality than Hot Toys.
The double sided means both sides has that leather sheen. Their first release of the wired cape, it was only leatherlike on the outside of the cape,
and its a different material on the inside of the cape.
The double sided cost more, but to me it looks better.
To get a good insight on their wired cape, here's their video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCkKbK-gnI

Yes, the wires on unreal are much much better.
If you back to look at earlier posts of in-hand pics of SS Batman, a lot of people are pointing out that majority of the pics, the stock HT wired cape looks underwhelming.
That was my personal experience when I received mine.
Like what you brought up earlier, I also did not want to buy the custom wired cape, cause it kinda defeated the whole purpose of me getting an SS batman, when I already own a BvS.
But the HT stock wired cape was so frustrating, and I have never really posed it where I thought...wow, that looks awesome.
It was always...I guess that looks ok.
So it kinda made the figure feel underwhelming for me.
The custom cape honestly brought it to another level, and made the figure look even so much better.

If you dont do FB, they also post here. His username is unrealtoys

If you're also not sure about wired cape. They also have UnrealToys Ultimate cape.
Here it is on my repainted BvS Batman.

ohjao8I.jpg

rSqW2JO.jpg

Really love this cape also cause it drapes so naturally.
Also, the bottom is painted with a dirty brown color, just like in the movie.

Word of caution though, Unrealtoys has a looooong waiting period if you decide to order their cape.
Mine ended up taking almost 4 months.
Just a heads up.

No prob man. glad to help.

I dont think its leather. but it definitely looks more leatherlike, and better material quality than Hot Toys.
The double sided means both sides has that leather sheen. Their first release of the wired cape, it was only leatherlike on the outside of the cape,
and its a different material on the inside of the cape.
The double sided cost more, but to me it looks better.
To get a good insight on their wired cape, here's their video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCkKbK-gnI

Yes, the wires on unreal are much much better.
If you back to look at earlier posts of in-hand pics of SS Batman, a lot of people are pointing out that majority of the pics, the stock HT wired cape looks underwhelming.
That was my personal experience when I received mine.
Like what you brought up earlier, I also did not want to buy the custom wired cape, cause it kinda defeated the whole purpose of me getting an SS batman, when I already own a BvS.
But the HT stock wired cape was so frustrating, and I have never really posed it where I thought...wow, that looks awesome.
It was always...I guess that looks ok.
So it kinda made the figure feel underwhelming for me.
The custom cape honestly brought it to another level, and made the figure look even so much better.

If you dont do FB, they also post here. His username is unrealtoys

If you're also not sure about wired cape. They also have UnrealToys Ultimate cape.
Here it is on my repainted BvS Batman.

ohjao8I.jpg

rSqW2JO.jpg

Really love this cape also cause it drapes so naturally.
Also, the bottom is painted with a dirty brown color, just like in the movie.

Word of caution though, Unrealtoys has a looooong waiting period if you decide to order their cape.
Mine ended up taking almost 4 months.
Just a heads up.

Damn... You got me now. I must first get the fig, but after your post, I must get Unreal's cape!! Thanks for the heads-up, btw.

Some questions remain though: The wired cape, is it weathered, like the Ultimate? Even if waiting time is long, is there at least the possibility of customizing? I'd like to get the double sided wired one with the shoulder folds from the original cape, plus the weathering from the Ultimate.
How much do they charge for one of these things?

Thanks again,
m.

You’re welcome bud.

No, the wired cape is not weathered on the bottom.
But I Believe I’ve seen someone posted a pic of there’s with weathering that they requested. I’m pretty sure it’s extra $$.

As far as pricing, the best way is to contact them, cause most people prefer discussing the price through PM.
I will say, it’s not cheap. But I can’t stress enough that it is very very much worth it.

Looks awesome man! Thanks for the description of what you did, I want to do the same to my version as it looks a little too dark for my liking

But I'm always afraid of losing any hot toys figure
Keep up the good work!!

efed06694675f541a0f7dd0e70a1709b.jpg

Gotta love some batman, changed up my display room. Still love this diorama for the jl bats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shots. Kind makes me imagine this scenario: you're a criminal. You just mugged a person in a dark alley. You look up and then you see Batman as posed here, looking at you. And you know you're screwed!!

efed06694675f541a0f7dd0e70a1709b.jpg

Gotta love some batman, changed up my display room. Still love this diorama for the jl bats

My salvaged SS Batman :lol This will be the permanent pose as everything is brittle.

"You should shut it down, or my friends and I will do it for you."

Studio Session-1107 RZ.jpg

Studio Session-1107 RZ.jpg

Nice [emoji1417] Need me a Batfleck too!

Does the BvS one actually look like this?:
679a9681627df9c4ab8ef332ca22c57a.jpg

If so.. [emoji51] // Is the SS Batman closet to the BvS or JL?

Nice [emoji1417] Need me a Batfleck too!

Does the BvS one actually look like this?:
679a9681627df9c4ab8ef332ca22c57a.jpg

Is the SS Batman closet to the BvS or JL?

No, the suit was changed from those early release pics. The SS Batman figure is all BvS.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No, the suit was changed from those early release pics. The SS Batman figure is all BvS.

Oh okay thanks lol that makes sense why I don?t see him up for sale much Bc if he looked like that initial picture he?d definitely be up for sale here and there!

And is the suit a slight shade darker or am I imagining the suit to be a little lighter? (Unless maybe it just looks dark in photos)

Oh okay thanks lol that makes sense why I don?t see him up for sale much Bc if he looked like that initial picture he?d definitely be up for sale here and there!

And is the suit a slight shade darker or am I imagining the suit to be a little lighter? (Unless maybe it just looks dark in photos)

The darkness of the suit changed a bit with different batches of the original BvS figure. Then there were differences in darkness between those figures and the SS Batman.

Back