1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, confirmed news. Affleck is no longer Batman. Shame...

Yes that was a kick to the gut. Thank you Ben for ending it now instead of more months thinking you’ll be Batman. Geez I can’t imagine anybody being better. I hope they go with someone who has natural grit like Karl Urban.

Yes that was a kick to the gut. Thank you Ben for ending it now instead of more months thinking you’ll be Batman. Geez I can’t imagine anybody being better. I hope they go with someone who has natural grit like Karl Urban.

I like Urban but not for the Bruce persona. That’s the thing about casting for the role, it’s actually 2 roles, 2 demanding roles. Honestly, I hope they find a talented unknown actor in his late 20’s/early 30’s so he can commit completely to the character(s).

I like Urban but not for the Bruce persona. That’s the thing about casting for the role, it’s actually 2 roles, 2 demanding roles. Honestly, I hope they find a talented unknown actor in his late 20’s/early 30’s so he can commit completely to the character(s).

Yeah WB tried to pull a marvel and use Affleck like they used Downey Jr. but Affleck was still in the spot light where as RDJ was starting his career back up again. Oh well should have figured BA was to big a star and ego to stay as Batman. Yeah a new fresh face would be ideal for these roles.

Or just get Keanu Reeves hahahah he said he only wants to play Batman or wolverine I dont care I watch it love Keanu!!

Urban would be good but he's probably too old and word is they want to go younger.

I suppose Ben never getting a great Batman film will always be a "What if" thorn in the side.:(

Last edited:
Yeah WB tried to pull a marvel and use Affleck like they used Downey Jr. but Affleck was still in the spot light where as RDJ was starting his career back up again. Oh well should have figured BA was to big a star and ego to stay as Batman. Yeah a new fresh face would be ideal for these roles.

Or just get Keanu Reeves hahahah he said he only wants to play Batman or wolverine I dont care I watch it love Keanu!!

You know, I dont remember if I mentioned it here or talking to a friend, but I said the same thing. I thought DC was trying to mimick the success with Downey, by getting Affleck. Affleck said that Snyder approached him, cause he was looking for an older, washed out person, for the Batman...so he kinda laughed...and was like...well...gee, thanks.

The difference though is that Downey is a lot more charming. Downey is the kind of guy that a lot of people, men or women, think is too cool.
Affleck though, I know a lot of women like him, but there's many people that also not too crazy about him.
I know I didnt like him, just like his buddy Matt Damon.
They are just one those actors, that you just cant sometime point out why, but they're just kinda annoying.

And honestly, I think Affleck might even be the reason why Batman v Superman didnt make a billion.
There's a lot of people that just never gave him a chance, and probably just resorted to seeing the movie on bluray.
Had Matt Damon been casted as Batman, I know I would have just watched it on tv.

I know that Affleck had a resurgence in his career, and when I saw the photoshop of him as Batman, that's when I decided to give him a chance.
But it woulnd surprise me, that a lot of people just didnt care to see a Batman played by Affleck.
So, it wouldnt surprise me, if he somehow also made an impact on the lower box office of Batman v Superman.

So in some ways, although for me personally, I thought he played the best Batman in movie screen in Batman v Superman, I'm actually ok that they're looking for someone else.
I hope they do the same thing with Cavill in Man of steel, and just pick out someone that's not a household name.

Urban would be good but he's probably too old and word is they want to go younger.

I suppose Ben never getting a great Batman film will always be a "What if" thorn in the side.:(

Unfortunate for you, but different perspective for some.
Batman v Superman is probably one of, if not, my all time favorite Superhero movie, and I think Affleck Batman played the best batman that I've seen so far in the screen.

JL though...that wasnt his fault.

You know, I dont remember if I mentioned it here or talking to a friend, but I said the same thing. I thought DC was trying to mimick the success with Downey, by getting Affleck. Affleck said that Snyder approached him, cause he was looking for an older, washed out person, for the Batman...so he kinda laughed...and was like...well...gee, thanks.

The difference though is that Downey is a lot more charming. Downey is the kind of guy that a lot of people, men or women, think is too cool.
Affleck though, I know a lot of women like him, but there's many people that also not too crazy about him.
I know I didnt like him, just like his buddy Matt Damon.
They are just one those actors, that you just cant sometime point out why, but they're just kinda annoying.

And honestly, I think Affleck might even be the reason why Batman v Superman didnt make a billion.
There's a lot of people that just never gave him a chance, and probably just resorted to seeing the movie on bluray.
Had Matt Damon been casted as Batman, I know I would have just watched it on tv.

I know that Affleck had a resurgence in his career, and when I saw the photoshop of him as Batman, that's when I decided to give him a chance.
But it woulnd surprise me, that a lot of people just didnt care to see a Batman played by Affleck.
So, it wouldnt surprise me, if he somehow also made an impact on the lower box office of Batman v Superman.

So in some ways, although for me personally, I thought he played the best Batman in movie screen in Batman v Superman, I'm actually ok that they're looking for someone else.
I hope they do the same thing with Cavill in Man of steel, and just pick out someone that's not a household name.

Unfortunate for you, but different perspective for some.
Batman v Superman is probably one of, if not, my all time favorite Superhero movie, and I think Affleck Batman played the best batman that I've seen so far in the screen.

JL though...that wasnt his fault.

Your probably right with the whole not many people being Ben Affleck fans plus their was that whole online petition of people wanting him fired from the Batman role hahahaha. Also I think it was the fact we got a new Batman and like no new solo movie. The. Your just throwing him up against Superman in a movie that should have been a Superman sequel which pissed off a lot of Superman fans. Basically BVS was doomed from the start which is unfortunate because I too enjoyed it. Really love the darkness and grit, but oh well hope Matt Reeves gives us something really special and hope it evolves into a nice trilogy

Your probably right with the whole not many people being Ben Affleck fans plus their was that whole online petition of people wanting him fired from the Batman role hahahaha. Also I think it was the fact we got a new Batman and like no new solo movie. The. Your just throwing him up against Superman in a movie that should have been a Superman sequel which pissed off a lot of Superman fans. Basically BVS was doomed from the start which is unfortunate because I too enjoyed it. Really love the darkness and grit, but oh well hope Matt Reeves gives us something really special and hope it evolves into a nice trilogy

Lol, that's right, I forgot about the petition.
I probably would have signed that in the beginning.
I remember when I first heard he was gonna be batman, I was literally scrolling through all the websites that I know that would have tell me, it was one big joke.
I was literally going...please no...god, please it cant be...what's the punchline, this is gotta be a joke. And its not even April fools. Its gotta be a joke...lol

I'm really excited for Matt Reeves Batman.
The only thing that sucks is that it wont be til 2021. That's too long to wait for a new batman movie.
...and to get a new Batman Hot toys. :rolleyes2

Personally, I still believe Bale Batman is the top now... moreover, Ledger Joker is just a masterpiece. But Affleck Bat suit is the best - very Frank Miller like.

I'm excited for Reeves Batman whoever ends up wearing the cowl. The story is the most important part and looking at what he had to say recently he really seems to get the character:

"It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation."

Assuming he can pull that off and there isn't too much studio interference it could finally be a comic accurate Batman on the big screen. I've always maintained it doesn't even require a huge budget to make a great Batman movie if they focus on the fundamentals of his character over huge CGI laden set pieces.

Maybe this being unconnected to other films will help it, he's not having to worry about it fitting in with other films or having different heroes. He can just tell a really good story. I hope it turns out like he's proposing and I see no reason why it can't

Thinking the best choice for Batman could be Armie Hammer who was originally tied to playing Batman in the justice league movie that was in the works quit a few years ago. Seems Matt Reeves really understands the character so I hope he goes for looks and gets someone close to Batman’s physique and stature. To think the only actor who was Batman height and weight was Adam west :)

photo_2019-04-08_19-00-48.jpg
photo_2019-04-08_19-00-44.jpg

Made up him a real beast LOL

p.s. I need new cape

Hi dudez.
Arriving terribly late to the party, here is my plight: I am considering adding an Affleck version of Batsie to my collection. Trying to decide now which one to pick up. I don't want no armour Bats, so many of the BvS outings are discarded from the get-go. I might want to kitbash my own version of Knightmare, so HT's is discarded too. I also just don't like JL's Batman, so that leaves only SS Batman and BvS regular Batman.

Just wanted to make sure my perceptions are correct:

1) In spite of BvS Batman looking differently on marketing stuff, both figures seem to be exactly the same albeit the obvious differences on the cape and accessories. Body, head, boots, hands, custom are all exactly the same, there are no improvements whatsoever in SS Bats. Correct?

2) Accessories: mouth and eye plates are exactly the same, hands too, rifle and pistol too, shurikens too, belt too. Only base and breather differ.

3) The costume: the cap on SS Bats, is it pleather? Is the wire running through it any issue, or does it work as intended? What about the bodysuit both figures have in common? Is it made of some durable fabric?

4) I think I'll go for SS Bats. Is there any issue with that figure I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot for your help people!
Best,
m.

Definitely get the SS version if you can. The legs in particular are much better than the BvS figure, thicker, more defined to match the beefy body.

Can't remember much about the cape. I put a custom on mine almost as soon as taking it out of the box.

One thing to look out for is colour variation. My SS Bats was much lighter grey than the BvS Bats I had but for others it was the opposite. Seems both versions vary greatly from fairly screen accurate grey to very dark almost black. Why there is such variation between figures I don't know.

Definitely get the SS version if you can. The legs in particular are much better than the BvS figure, thicker, more defined to match the beefy body.

Can't remember much about the cape. I put a custom on mine almost as soon as taking it out of the box.

One thing to look out for is colour variation. My SS Bats was much lighter grey than the BvS Bats I had but for others it was the opposite. Seems both versions vary greatly from fairly screen accurate grey to very dark almost black. Why there is such variation between figures I don't know.

An overwhelming majority though had SS lighter than BvS.
As was the case in mine, my SS was definitely lighter compared with BvS.

Hi dudez.
Arriving terribly late to the party, here is my plight: I am considering adding an Affleck version of Batsie to my collection. Trying to decide now which one to pick up. I don't want no armour Bats, so many of the BvS outings are discarded from the get-go. I might want to kitbash my own version of Knightmare, so HT's is discarded too. I also just don't like JL's Batman, so that leaves only SS Batman and BvS regular Batman.

Just wanted to make sure my perceptions are correct:

1) In spite of BvS Batman looking differently on marketing stuff, both figures seem to be exactly the same albeit the obvious differences on the cape and accessories. Body, head, boots, hands, custom are all exactly the same, there are no improvements whatsoever in SS Bats. Correct?

2) Accessories: mouth and eye plates are exactly the same, hands too, rifle and pistol too, shurikens too, belt too. Only base and breather differ.

3) The costume: the cap on SS Bats, is it pleather? Is the wire running through it any issue, or does it work as intended? What about the bodysuit both figures have in common? Is it made of some durable fabric?

4) I think I'll go for SS Bats. Is there any issue with that figure I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot for your help people!
Best,
m.

Although you cant go wrong with either one, I would suggest getting the SS. HT definitely also added more bulk to it.
Although the SS cape is better than BvS, I would highly suggest getting a custom cape.
And also an ankle peg extension. Even if you dont get a custom cape, I would at least consider the ankle peg.
That was the one that bugged me the most. I felt his legs needed to look a little longer to look more proportionate.
Its also pretty cheap and super easy to change pegs.

My SS

xNWA2n5.jpg

Thanks everybody for your input.
Why changing the cape? I mean, it is the aspect that makes SS Batman unique, and it is supposed to look extremely well...
Thanks again
m.

Thanks everybody for your input.
Why changing the cape? I mean, it is the aspect that makes SS Batman unique, and it is supposed to look extremely well...
Thanks again
m.

You're welcome.
And to answer your other question.

Suicide Squad Batman with stock cape.

QTUBGaU.jpg

Suicide Squad Batman with Custom cape

OaXYqna.jpg

I bought the SS precisely for that reason that its supposed to have wired cape. But in hand, that stock cape feels cheap with very very thin wires. Its sooo frustrating to pose. The picture up there is the best I could pose it, and in the end, was still not happy.

If you can live with the stock cape, which a lot of people are fine with, its all good.
Personally, I couldnt.
Custom capes takes this figure to another level.

You're welcome.
And to answer your other question.

Suicide Squad Batman with stock cape.

QTUBGaU.jpg

Suicide Squad Batman with Custom cape

OaXYqna.jpg

I bought the SS precisely for that reason that its supposed to have wired cape. But in hand, that stock cape feels cheap with very very thin wires. Its sooo frustrating to pose. The picture up there is the best I could pose it, and in the end, was still not happy.

If you can live with the stock cape, which a lot of people are fine with, its all good.
Personally, I couldnt.
Custom capes takes this figure to another level.

Thanks for your help Remy. And great pics btw.
I certainly prefer the grained leather finish. Is it real leather?
What I certainly do not prefer is the cap section going from shoulder to shoulder on Batman. Much better the complex folds tapering towards the center on the original cape. Way more complex and attractive. I dig it a lot.

I wonder if I could ask the Unreal Toys guys to do a variation for me... Anyway, I must first get the fig!
Last questions: what's "double sided" mean? are the wires on the unreal much better? is thicker wires necessarily better, when there are people around here removing wires from capes altogether? Is there any way to discuss things with the Unreal guys? What is the best way to contact them, besides FB? (I don't do FB)

Thanks,
m.

Back