1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try knowing yours was delivered a couple of weeks ago and you can’t see/open it until September! :rotfl

If you don't mind my asking, what is your occupation or what is the situation that prevents you from being home for 4 months???

I think they look great! Thanks for making my BBTS wait feel so much longer now :lol

Seriously, why does it feel like BBTS is the very last store to get anything lately? Already got my Anakin from another store and I don't think anyone from BBTS has even gotten a shipping notice yet...

Seriously, why does it feel like BBTS is the very last store to get anything lately? Already got my Anakin from another store and I don't think anyone from BBTS has even gotten a shipping notice yet...

I don't know if they're the very last, but I'm pretty sure they get their stock about 3-4 weeks after SS, which is about 4 weeks after its released in HK.

I'm currently still waiting for the deluxe tech suit Spidey, but that figure may be a unique scenario. Also waiting for Anakin, but I honestly haven't been keeping tabs to see if SS already got their stock.

It's a very troubling trend. They used to get their figures about a week or two after sideshow but lately it has lingered on for months on a few figures. I suspect sideshow has pushed them to the back of the line as they control all North American stock. Perhaps as punishment for offering reasonable shipping (which sideshow criminally overcharges for) or maybe just because BBTS is doing more business than sideshow would like. Something has changed though and it really sucks!

f77e7bfdfad782cc9fd9e8fa3d136e64.jpg

81c78b55d57507de32ae8735eb3f377a.jpg

3e9721d2daab2b6bf7e929d1d7ae33b9.jpg

e3bf0b37e027597959b55499a1654f11.jpg

2a0bc9546eecc5c469625d275fa1ad27.jpg

Figure is phenomenal. Love the silver and the way it opens up. But I hate the lack of a real diecast waist holder and the danger is removing the shoulder parts. I actually couldn't even get the right B/D shoulder piece on.

I'll eventually take more photos with Whiplash MK2 and MK6 IM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6878f3e67dc34386071d20764989a049.jpg

d01ee2e96a018fb32a4b5d629f155984.jpg

Both pieces came broken, which is a bummer. The arc reactor is an easy fix, but the finger tip was completely missing, and the remaining middle joint fell off immediately. Almost seems like they were never properly assembled.

I sent a replacement parts email to sideshow, I’ve had good experiences with their customer service but not with something like this so we will see how it goes.

Other than that, the figure is amazing. Love how the silver looks. The RDJ headscan looks great to me. All of the extended parts on the arms chest and legs make this figure really pop. Definitely up there with the MK6 IMO

b466379a8cc560c13821a7bdc3870ddb.jpg

Mine came yesterday with the same Arc Reactor issue. Easy fix as you said, bummer about the finger on yours. Sideshow is good on making things right.

Love the figure, not a fan of the stand choice.

I got mine today, no issues!

Loving this figure, it was worth the wait.

Hope we get a Summer exclusive Race Car suit Tony that can hold the briefcase.

So much yes to this. I never pulled the trigger on any of the customs because I always figured Hot Toys would eventually do it.

I just wish they would take the time to update the hair to be scene accurate. His hair shouldn't be that perfect for this figure or in the racing suit.

Mine came yesterday with the same Arc Reactor issue. Easy fix as you said, bummer about the finger on yours. Sideshow is good on making things right.

Love the figure, not a fan of the stand choice.

Yeah they already contacted me back and all is good now [emoji1362]

It's a very troubling trend. They used to get their figures about a week or two after sideshow but lately it has lingered on for months on a few figures. I suspect sideshow has pushed them to the back of the line as they control all North American stock. Perhaps as punishment for offering reasonable shipping (which sideshow criminally overcharges for) or maybe just because BBTS is doing more business than sideshow would like. Something has changed though and it really sucks!
I all but guarantee this is the case. BBTS has been stealing away SS customers more and more, and if you look just at the forums, people will pay to get their figure early because they can't wait (not that I don't totally get that).

But BBTS is undercutting SS with $4 unlimited shipping, and that draws a LOT of people away.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your occupation or what is the situation that prevents you from being home for 4 months???

I don’t mind at all! I work on a ship, my contract isn’t up until September. So I’m the meantime I had Mark V sent to my mothers house until I go visit on my off time. I hope I don’t have any of these issues as I’ll be screwed by then!

I don’t mind at all! I work on a ship, my contract isn’t up until September. So I’m the meantime I had Mark V sent to my mothers house until I go visit on my off time. I hope I don’t have any of these issues as I’ll be screwed by then!

Oohhh, you know what...your freaking "location" info on your mini-profile even said you're on a ship. Ha! Clever! :lol

Well, best of luck to you. Hopefully you're Mk. V is defect free!

I all but guarantee this is the case. BBTS has been stealing away SS customers more and more, and if you look just at the forums, people will pay to get their figure early because they can't wait (not that I don't totally get that).

But BBTS is undercutting SS with $4 unlimited shipping, and that draws a LOT of people away.

I have 16 preorders at BBTS, 2 at Sideshow. It used to be the opposite.

The amount of customers BBTS can steal away is limited because the amount of Hot Toys they can get is capped that is why they sell out so quickly. SS is still making money off those sales to BBTS and others so why hold them up and take up space in the warehouse?
I think it's more if they get the complete shipment or not. If they get a complete shipment they can send everything out to everyone at once if not then the other sellers end up waiting.

I would entirely agree with you had BBTS not been getting stock later than other retailers evwn with the allotments arriving separately - despite being one of SS's largest buyers.

Even with the cap of units that BBTS gets, that's still X number of sales SS can garner if they starve out customers who don't want to wait for their order to come in. Plus it forces people to commit to NRDs which gets SS money either way, even when peoe back out. Plus the shipping hikes that they skim some profit off of.

If they wanted to they could just not sell to BBTS and get a lot of those customers back anytime they wanted. It's not like BBTS gets stock from China it's from SS. I'm not sure what they would gain playing games with them. Maybe BBTS changed how things are shipped to them to keep costs lower so they can do the $4 shipping. I don't know but it just makes no sense to me that SS would sit on stock for a paying business partner.

If HT, SS and other companies were guilty of half the things they are accused of here, they'd have to have a small countries population as their work force to implement and monitor everything.

Back