1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chose not to preorder him back then like an idiot. :slap
Decided to just suck it up and get one before the price keeps skyrocketing. Wallet hurts but Mark V does look amazing!

2cda92h.jpg

5oi7g6.jpg

Great Pics!!

Btw, somehow I recall that OG Mark V used to be slimmer when compared to Mark VI. What I see here it looks as bulky as Mark VI. Is that angle issue or am I right? Nonetheless, great looking figure u get there.

The V is slimmer than the VI by a little ways but not a lot. Sleeker overall design.

Been experimenting today on how to display multiple armours, shuffling some figures around.

(I should be doing admin for my freelance work buuut I’m the boss so... [emoji38])

I’m thinking maybe levels:

958a52be0c0173e19c21d6b360e398ad.jpg

Who knows. Just not really a Hall-of-Armour guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The V is slimmer than the VI by a little ways but not a lot. Sleeker overall design.

Been experimenting today on how to display multiple armours, shuffling some figures around.

(I should be doing admin for my freelance work buuut I’m the boss so... [emoji38])

I’m thinking maybe levels:

958a52be0c0173e19c21d6b360e398ad.jpg

Who knows. Just not really a Hall-of-Armour guy...

Yeah i am not a hall of armor kind of guy too :), very nice collection man.

I would take Mk V, i wanted the civil war mk 46 but i think i would be ok for now for mk 46 concept art which is still available at cheaper price.
Too bad mk 46 concept art does not provide headsculpt like the mk46.
By the way i just got the mk v as well too!! Couldnt wait until it comes nxt week (this hobby is not cheap lol).

Yeah, to be honest the only miss on Concept 46 is that it didn't appear in a film, but it is based on Meinerding's art for Invincible Iron Man and IMO pops veeerry nicely. The bold colour-blocking actually works better in this scale than some of the design choices on the Civil War 46, to my taste.

But the mechanical classic suits are dope as hell. If you could swing it I'd get the V and the Concept 46 -- the latter you can still get a payment plan on, I think...

Hi, to collectors that owning both Mark 5 diecast and Mark 47, Can anyone review the silver paint for these both figure. Are these two figures having the same type of silver colour and shinning level ? Appreciate someone can review.

Would 900 be a good price for one that's opened and never left box/still mint?
Talking with a mutual friend about buying his

Would 900 be a good price for one that's opened and never left box/still mint?
Talking with a mutual friend about buying his

Some friend. My goodness. If he's your friend, tell him retail, $350. But in all seriousness, seems to be the going rate or thereabouts.

I bought one of those knock off TT bodies and a suit and wanted to put the head sculpt on it. Haven?t had much success as the head seems to sit too look and makes it look off. Any recommendations?

I was talking with a buddy of mine about this. With the release of the diecast 7, will the value of the other 6 original armors go up?

I was talking with a buddy of mine about this. With the release of the diecast 7, will the value of the other 6 original armors go up?

Either up or down. We might see a bunch go up for sale if others want to buy this and don?t want many iron mans which would end up dropping the prices a bit or if they don?t sell them then they?ll likely go up a bit more since people will be wanting to complete the hall of armors. Hard to tell

Hopefully down as I"m still looking for Marks 4, 6 and another 5 for a friend. Normally once a new Iron Man comes out people tend to sell the previous/older marks.

Many may agree that the VII is the best diecast released thus far, but that doesn't mean it is automatically everyone's favorite. I do agree some collectors may be selling off their older generation Marks to make room for the VII, but there are always new collectors joining this hobby and supply will not always be able to meet demand. I think prices for older diecast Marks will stay consistent when the VII is fully released and they will still continue to creep up, as usual, as time passes.

The only way I see prices significantly decreasing is if another competitor company comes out with their own line of 1/6 Marks of slightly better quality, or if Hot Toys decides to do some reissues. And I doubt we will see reissues any time soon though, as the II, IV, V and VI are still relatively new and didn't come out that long ago. I think there are higher chances of receiving an announcement for an upgraded III with improved proportions, articulation and paint-job first versus getting reissues for the other sold-out Marks.

Meanwhile I think about now is the best time to sell and profit off the Mark I, as the announcement of an improved version is imminent. Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do updated versions of some other iconic figures too, such as the Tony Stark Mech Test Ver. We all know its in Hot Toys' playbook, especially after seeing the announcement of an updated Two-Face from TDK.

Where is hot Toys currently on the MMS series? With the VII being a milestone 500th release, maybe the Mk 1 will be 600?

Meanwhile I think about now is the best time to sell and profit off the Mark I, as the announcement of an improved version is imminent. Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do updated versions of some other iconic figures too, such as the Tony Stark Mech Test Ver. We all know its in Hot Toys' playbook, especially after seeing the announcement of an updated Two-Face from TDK.

I like your enthusiasm, but there really is nothing at all to indicate that the announcement of an improved version is imminent...that implies like really, REALLY soon, which I think is very wishful thinking.

I agree that a 3.0 of the Mark I is likely given how out of scale it has become with the newer Diecast releases, but that's likely 5-10 years away. You brought up TDK Two-Face 2.0, however this newer version is being released 10 years after the original, so I'd say we got a good amount of waiting to happen before they announce Mk I 3.0.

Back