1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9B2EF16C-7CA9-4839-A009-2CB73F3A6955.jpeg

I'll grant you that relatively speaking it's among the worst, but up until now it was easily the best 1/6 Mark V available. Personally I think the first Mark III, while having great features, doesn't hold up nearly as well by comparison - i.e., it gets first place in the "bad plastic" looks competition.

I can see that with the color being so off, but it blew me away as the first really advanced Iron Man figure when it was new. So when I compared it to a Marvel Legends Icon Iron Man, it seemed pretty awesome. By the time I got the MKV, I had higher expectations.

Edit: and not to mention the flawed wrists on the MK5 that both broke on mine. That really left a bitter taste in my mouth...granted they broke when I was boxing it up to sell. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By my best guess we should received Item coming soon emails either tomorrow or Monday. 6 Weeks after this was released in Hong Kong would be May 12th here in the US. I hope I am right, can't wait to get this!

By my best guess we should received Item coming soon emails either tomorrow or Monday. 6 Weeks after this was released in Hong Kong would be May 12th here in the US. I hope I am right, can't wait to get this!

I'm with you on all points. My final flex pay is May 20. So a 14 day notice some time next week would work out perfectly.

I’m guessing HT just has too much going on. At production capacity.

Yeah it’s not a production issue. Figures already out and available in Hong Kong and Japan and Shanghai. It just takes 6 weeks plus to get to the USA and then back out to customers. Don’t be surprised if toward the end of May they arrive and offer early shipping.

Maybe so but it’s hard to believe sideshow and HT by now are not in sync with stateside release estimates. And somewhat annoying.

Sideshow has a different reason for their estimates. Sideshow does flex so they have to try and make sure the payments are lined up and paid early. It’s oretty clear from jump that Sideshow releases estimates are not what to go by for actual release dates when they are often identical or earlier then hot toys say it releases. Gladiator thor had the same or earlier Sideshow estimates that hot toys provided for secret base release.

If you want an accurate (or best guess) look at either the hot Toys estimates and add 6ish weeks or add 6 weeks to the secret base release. Sometimes it’s 4 weeks sometimes it’s 8, but usually right around 6. Sideshow stuff isn’t based on actual release date but when payments should fall to be paid close to the release or when to have money ready.

What’s with the 2nd reveal of this figure on HT Facebook page?

Those pictures are great. This would've been a must buy for me with a new headsculpt but because of that I opted for the VI instead. Still love this suit though!

Back