1/6 Hot Toys - MMS384 - Suicide Squad - Joker (Batman Imposter) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this was priced around 229.00 probably would see less heat on this figure. At 264.00, it turns many off for it, including me. I appreciate going outside of the box, but the price is too much. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't buy it for $100, it's fugly.
That's just me of course.
Now I leave this thread, I don't want to spoil the fun of those who enjoy it.

Honestly, I kind of hope this sells like 10 pre orders. Huge price point of a made up design from a terrible movie. I want HT to wash their hands of this film all together and move on to bigger and better things

They've finally priced themselves out of customers. I knew it was gonna happen soon. Those force awakens Han and Chewie were just the start of it. Then the Deadshot, Harley, Joker trio were too steep. Now...this. It's too much. If these regular figures get to 300, I'll have to stop completely. Even with payment plans, this is nuts. Not when the Blitzway Ghostbusters are under 230 and QMX's stuff is still under 200.

When I first saw the pictures from Comic-Con I was excited to get such a weird variant figure. Boy am I glad the pre-order didn't go up at the same time with Harley and Deadshot because I would've jumped on it. After seeing more of this figure over the past few weeks, my hype for it has gone cold and is now dead. The key thing I keep thinking about is how the hell the Leto Joker would get so buff just by putting on the suit, haha. And now seeing that absurd pricepoint, considering its just a repaint of the regular Bats with LESS accessories and a $30 price hike(?!?), my new position is NO. As a matter of fact, HELL NO. :nono

It's just a variant figure that Hot Toys made up for fun. Some of you are acting like it's costing you something for them to produce it. Just relax. If you can't afford it, or don't want it, it's not a big deal. Save your money.

When I first saw the pictures from Comic-Con I was excited to get such a weird variant figure. Boy am I glad the pre-order didn't go up at the same time with Harley and Deadshot because I would've jumped on it. After seeing more of this figure over the past few weeks, my hype for it has gone cold and is now dead. The key thing I keep thinking about is how the hell the Leto Joker would get so buff just by putting on the suit, haha. And now seeing that absurd pricepoint, considering its just a repaint of the regular Bats with LESS accessories and a $30 price hike(?!?), my new position is NO. As a matter of fact, HELL NO. :nono

:exactly: Well said.

It's just a variant figure that Hot Toys made up for fun. Some of you are acting like it's costing you something for them to produce it. Just relax. If you can't afford it, or don't want it, it's not a big deal. Save your money.

Exactly , but you know people have to dictate to other people on what to do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100%. Not really a bad move by HT when you consider everything. People love Batman and this is a variant. HT is seeing how the market responds to the pricing, which is partly due to the detail, partly because they can.

But consumers drive pricing. Don't buy it and HT will respond accordingly.

If figures are released at $275 and that hurts sales, HT will respond. It's that simple.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Why is this an MMS? It's not from any movie we know of.

This should be from a new line, MUEAFS (made up expensive af stuff).

Weren't they charging the same price for all these (HQ, Joker Asylum, Jetback Trooper, one of the armored bats) at their cons and batman show?

That shows how much SS is jacking these prices.

This figure is VERY polarizing just based upon the discussion here! Wow! I think if there had even been a blink and you will miss it scene in the movie a la Harley Quinn in her TAS outfit or even more intriguing... a verified report that this was filmed an cut (which we all know was not the case). Even if we heard that this was an unused concept... I would be on board...as an unused concept this would perhaps be even cooler than if it had actually been seen in the film. As an example of Hot Toys simply letting their artists' "imaginations run wild" it just seems like a piece of folk art from an outdoor festival somewhere...like so many colorfully painted storm trooper helmets to raise money for charity or something to that effect. Nice thought but I am not really into folk art so for me this is something that I would accept as a prize in a contest but not something that I could see myself spending money on...cool concept but the further away it price point moves from "free" the less interesting it becomes....

:exactly: buy what you like, dont just buy it because its new. its a creative variant, thats all. Some people like them, some dont. No big deal to me.

So this is supposed to be the Joker impersonating Batman? That can't be right since the Joker isn't anywhere near as beefy as this costume. In my opinion, this is the dumbest Batman universe collectible Hot Toys could have come up with. Not only does it make no sense visually, but it seems as if Hot Toys wants to try their hand at imposter figures like Funko. Mega Fail!

Not going to diss the figures because I know some people will like it, but come on. $265 for a Frankenbat? There are so many great figures I'm still waiting for them to produce, and they spend their time on something like this?

So this is supposed to be the Joker impersonating Batman? That can't be right since the Joker isn't anywhere near as beefy as this costume. In my opinion, this is the dumbest Batman universe collectible Hot Toys could have come up with. Not only does it make no sense visually, but it seems as if Hot Toys wants to try their hand at imposter figures like Funko. Mega Fail!

It's not supposed to be Joker's actual muscles, it's supposed to be a suit with fake padded muscles to mimic batman's physique. C'mon people!

Not going to diss the figures because I know some people will like it, but come on. $265 for a Frankenbat? There are so many great figures I'm still waiting for them to produce, and they spend their time on something like this?

not to mention wasting time on this when they have other things they are constantly pushing back and delaying that we've paid deposits for... how bout finishing your draxx, hulkbuster and aliens weaver figs first (things that are costing us money NOW) vs. spitting out this thing that is fan art...

its no offense to people who want it... everyone has their right. but do what you've already committed to and taken our money 1st dammit!!

Back